Print 

Author Topic: Halo Racing nights @ Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8PM CST (info inside)  (Read 73405 times)

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Bump.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8PM CST (info inside)
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2021, 05:24:27 AM »
A little bump is needed here!

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Mondays, Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8PM CST (info inside)
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2021, 11:43:08 AM »
So here is the current state of Halo racing nights.... The 8 p.m. Central start time has evolved toward more like 9:15 or 9:30 Central as a start, just based on when people actually show up. The last two of these nights, Monday and Wednesday, have been a total bust with almost no one showing up. Some of that might have to do with the end of Daylight Savings Time and maybe some of our racers outside of North America were showing up an hour different...?

To start with, I would like to get people's perspective on our weeknight racing. Is this something people want to see continue and this was just a bad week to make it? If so, what would your ideal start time for it be? Please chime into this thread with your perspective so that we can hopefully build a consensus.

Saturdays have usually been no problem to get a full server. So I look forward to seeing everyone on the tracks for the next one of those. I will be trying to help get things rolling at around 9 p.m. Central for that.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2021, 04:59:14 PM »
So here is the current state of Halo racing nights.... The 8 p.m. Central start time has evolved toward more like 9:15 or 9:30 Central as a start, just based on when people actually show up. The last two of these nights, Monday and Wednesday, have been a total bust with almost no one showing up. Some of that might have to do with the end of Daylight Savings Time and maybe some of our racers outside of North America were showing up an hour different...?

To start with, I would like to get people's perspective on our weeknight racing. Is this something people want to see continue and this was just a bad week to make it? If so, what would your ideal start time for it be? Please chime into this thread with your perspective so that we can hopefully build a consensus.

Saturdays have usually been no problem to get a full server. So I look forward to seeing everyone on the tracks for the next one of those. I will be trying to help get things rolling at around 9 p.m. Central for that.

Thanks for bringing this up. Initially it was just a Saturday thing which later expanded to Mondays and Wednesdays. I feel like it's going to be hard to keep these 2 nights but I haven't been around for one of them in a long time. Let's see how everyone feels like about the nights and the time.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2021, 10:59:36 PM »
I believe an analogy would be a store that opens later and later. Eventually that store would likely go out of business due to taking their customers for granted. I for one, am guilty of being tardy. We state that racing starts at 8pm CST. However, I've been showing up >1.5 hrs after the start time. If it wasn't for this thread, I would not be surprised if I eventually showed up even later than that. I'm glad our long term guests have tolerated this as they have been showing up later as well. I'm here for our guests and will try to commit to showing up earlier to accommodate them.  I will not take them for granted.

If it all works out, maybe they'll be more racing and less dozing.

=Bored=
[img

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #185 on: December 28, 2021, 04:48:18 AM »
I believe an analogy would be a store that opens later and later. Eventually that store would likely go out of business due to taking their customers for granted. I for one, am guilty of being tardy. We state that racing starts at 8pm CST. However, I've been showing up >1.5 hrs after the start time. If it wasn't for this thread, I would not be surprised if I eventually showed up even later than that. I'm glad our long term guests have tolerated this as they have been showing up later as well. I'm here for our guests and will try to commit to showing up earlier to accommodate them.  I will not take them for granted.

If it all works out, maybe they'll be more racing and less dozing.

=Bored=

You've been one of the most active the past 5 years and one of the reasons why we still have active races. While I appreciate everyone that contributes, I also don't want anyone to feel like they have to show up to every race/day.
Anyway, I know December is a rough month due to Christmas/New Year but how have Mondays and Wednesdays been? Still active? Do you feel like dropping those 2 days and remain with Saturdays only?

Thanks for the feedback :)

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
As of yesterday, the Halo lobby isn't working. You can still join Halo servers through direct IP as those are still operational. Hopefully this is a temporary bug and gets fixed soon. We'll be monitoring this situation closely.

BFM server IP: 108.61.100.36:2302
Lickity server IP: 216.226.128.250:2310

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Lobby is back up. ;D

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8PM CST (info inside)
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2024, 09:45:58 AM »
Thread is now updated to reflect the latest changes to the racing nights and the servers.

Offline BFM_Enigma

• General
Re: Halo Racing nights @ Wednesdays & Saturdays - 8PM CST (info inside)
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2024, 03:17:48 PM »
Thread is now updated to reflect the latest changes to the racing nights and the servers.

Thanks Mil

Print