Print 

Author Topic: MCC and Reach Launch on PC Today!  (Read 3810 times)

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
Re: MCC and Reach Launch on PC Today!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 07:46:44 AM »
Team race is an option, yes, however you have to invite your friends to play.
It's not like it used to be where you could just throw up a server and people would join.

From what I've read, 343 doesn't currently have any intention of adding a server list like the original had, or the ability to run private dedicated servers. I hope they change their mind, but it isn't looking promising, with the amount of work they have ahead of them with porting the other 4 games that are on the list.
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline AR~Unit»Zero

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 10:26:39 PM »
From what I've read, 343 doesn't currently have any intention of adding a server list like the original had, or the ability to run private dedicated servers.

As annoying as it is, that's extremely unlikely to happen any time in the near future, at least until the other games are out. There's a small chance it might be added as some kind of third party add-on thing eventually if they end up having very robust mod support. I'm not going to hold my breath, but if enough people ask for it for long enough maybe something will happen.

At this stage of things, I would happier with the situation if they added Race as a gametype you could queue for in public matches. That said, I've been enjoying the improved networking performance and new/returning playerbase in other gametypes and this is the most interesting thing to happen with this game and the Halo series generally in a long time.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 05:56:16 PM »
Just having MCC come to the PC is a revitalization for me. I've always stunk when using the controllers on XBox, XBox 360, and XBox One when playing Halo and its successors. Life is bliss with mouse and keyboard.

I'm confident that deficiencies will be ironed out in due time once the community and modders get involved. Driving around in a loaded rocket hog is an experience like no other.  :yesyes:
[img

Print