Print 

Author Topic: Always make a backup.  (Read 3165 times)

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
Always make a backup.
« on: August 01, 2007, 03:12:03 AM »
ok so this morning i found some new hog skins, one was a matrix one, the other a starsky and hutch one :), when i injected them, it made all my hog windows and other bits red!, i couldnt get them back. luckily i had copied the original map files so managed to rescue it all. if i didnt i would either of been stuck with red hogs, or have to unistall Halo. so let this be a lesson to you all! :bang: Always make a backup of things
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: Always make a backup.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 03:53:46 AM »
Yes, Mr. Ig0r! Sorry to see that happen dohs!

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline freddd

• Senior Poster
  • W()()tsauce
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 09:53:55 AM »
Actually, it is pretty simple to just take one file off of the CD without reinstalling the whole Halo Game. But making a backup is much simpler.

:munch:

Feijoa Freddd

Offline ☼Foley☼

• Newbie Poster
  • !n ur f0rum5 br!ng!ng 734 pw00n4g3
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 11:25:37 AM »
Ooh man, made that mistake before, but on a much larger scale... I had about 30 new skins and about 2 models already in when I found an awesome skin pack, as well as this texture sharpening .ppf- well after doing all the skins everything looked great so I said to myself, why don't you just get rid of all the original and custom skin files, seeing how you wont need em?  then I put in the .ppf... it messed up everything because apparently I didn't need it.  No back up for bitmaps. Uninstall and Reinstall... I'm still looking for some of those skins today... T_T  but now i have 2 copies of the orignial bitmaps sitting around as well as all the custom skin files somewhere...

Print