Print 

Author Topic: Halo CE trouble..  (Read 1324 times)

Offline bozozob1

• Newbie Poster
Halo CE trouble..
« on: November 11, 2007, 11:16:28 AM »
Hi all,
I downloaded Halo CE from a link that i got from this forum, istalled CE, entered product keys, when double click on the CE icon, game start but it freezes on the Halo main presentation screen, i reinstalled it few times but nothing... i am running on Vista, i don't have any problem with the original Halo, i even tried to run CE as Administrator, but still doesn't work.  :bang:
Please any suggestions or technical help would be most appriciated.
I posted this in the Halo custom edition forum section too was not sure where to post it..

Thanks,

BOZO.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Halo CE trouble..
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 12:40:17 PM »

THIS is the place to post this issue, bozozob1....

You'll have to wait until someone with Halo CE on Vista comes along, but they'll show up eventually. (I know that some ppl here have that setup....)

In the meantime, try this:

0) Make a (another) shortcut for Halo CE on your desktop (by RIGHT-click dragging it, dropping it onto the desktop and selecting "Create Shortcut(s) here..." from the popup.)

1) RIGHT-click the new shortcut and select Properties (bottom.)

2) At then end of the text in the textbox labelled "Target:" type a space (one single <SPACEBAR> keystroke) and then

-novideo

[You should now have a line in the textbox that looks something liek this:

"X:\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -novideo

3) "OK" out of the Properties popup

4) NOW give Halo CE a try.

NOTE: In addition to the basic installation of Halo CE you'll need to add another patch by installing it, too.  Get the patch here and run it to apply the patch.

GUESS WHAT?!?!  When I went to get the link for the patch I noticed that there's now a Halo CE Vista patch, too! Get it and install it AFTER the one above and give it a try, and PLS LET US KNOW your results!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline bozozob1

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 01:44:53 PM »
I did everything, Run patch, run the vista patch. But still can't load the game.  :bang:

Does this: Quote from the patch link "Note: This patch is ONLY FOR users running Halo CE on the beta releases of Windows Vista (formerly Windows code name "Longhorn")" means that my version of Vista doesn't take this patch?.
Anyone here running Halo CE with Vista?

Thanks for any help.

BOZO

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 02:42:12 PM »
How long did you wait for CE to load? It takes a couple minutes longer then regular Halo.
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline bozozob1

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 02:51:56 PM »
Last time i waited more than five minutes and i only have the original maps in, no extra..
And when i minimize the halo window (when i'm waiting) and comes back the screen if flashing quickly.

BOZO
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:21:10 AM by bozozob1 »

Print