Print 

Author Topic: ASK HERE: ALL Ventrilo-related Questions  (Read 58141 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: ASK HERE: ALL Ventrilo-related Questions
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2008, 07:32:30 PM »

In the future, do this to "recover" lost-off-screen windows. (It happens to me all the time with stoopid Windows Photo Viewer....)

0) Try to assure that the window in question has "focus." I.e. It is selected somehow.

1) Press <ALT>+<SPACEBAR>. This will open the regular Windows menu for moving the window to another place. If, when you press <ALT>+<SPACEBAR>, you cannot see the Window, you only see the popup menu, press <DOWN ARROW> once and then <ENTER>.

2) Now you can use the arrow keys to move the window to a position where you can see it.

You might want to exit the window NOW, and restart the application to assure that it remembers the new ON-SCREEN position tho!  :doh:

Voila!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2008, 01:56:58 PM »
How do I find a server to join? (Running version 3.0.1 I think.)

*EDIT*

Ah... nvm.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 02:02:10 PM by ¥Mderms¥ »

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2008, 07:56:48 AM »
i use a mic from logitech ... and it doesn't have a button on it to stop recording into it... i dont know if it'll work on vent .... when i get to that stage in recruitment.....

~MiGeWiBro
AKA MiGe for short

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2008, 09:13:25 AM »
i use a mic from logitech ... and it doesn't have a button on it to stop recording into it... i dont know if it'll work on vent .... when i get to that stage in recruitment.....

~MiGeWiBro
AKA MiGe for short

You can set up what is called a hotkey, basically when you push that button, it "mutes and unmutes" your microphone input with vent.
Basically, we will get it to work don't worry. Theres even a way to make a key to mute your mic completely on vent =]
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2008, 09:26:40 AM »
If you want to test your mic, I would be willing to Help, you already have me added on Xfire, and we can test it there with the voice chat function of Xfire

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2008, 09:40:53 AM »
ok pynk i'll test it sometime today./... ill xfire a message to you when im ready

Offline Slow Bullet

• Junior Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 08:31:07 AM »
Hey guys can i get a brief sumary on how to join or start venttrillo servers?

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 11:14:28 AM »
Hey guys can i get a brief sumary on how to join or start venttrillo servers?

To JOIN an existing Ventrilo server, see the ("Client") instructions link in first line of the first post in this thread.

Also, see this tutorial which has additional, somewhat more descriptive/specific instructions, too.

To install and start YOUR OWN Ventrilo server, well, that's a bit more involved, but the instructions are on that same Ventrilo page, under "Server...."

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2008, 07:03:14 PM »
OK, I was reading the thread (I did apply, and if I ever decide I want to use ventrilio, it's good to know this stuff), and I saw how Skype and similar programs can mess it up.

What if Skype isn't actually running? I don't use it often enough to put it in my "Internet Comminucations" RocketDock stack.
Congratulations!
If you see this signature on a recent post, you've spotted an elusive Tåndêm!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2008, 07:20:41 PM »
OK, I was reading the thread (I did apply, and if I ever decide I want to use ventrilio, it's good to know this stuff), and I saw how Skype and similar programs can mess it up.

What if Skype isn't actually running? I don't use it often enough to put it in my "Internet Comminucations" RocketDock stack.

To the best of my knowledge, it only needs to be installed to be a conflict/problem. It CAN be worked around, tho, by setting the Input Device in Ventrilo to your actual HW audio device, and setting Skype to use DirectSound Input....

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »

To the best of my knowledge, it only needs to be installed to be a conflict/problem. It CAN be worked around, tho, by setting the Input Device in Ventrilo to your actual HW audio device, and setting Skype to use DirectSound Input....

Heh, I just now got around to setting Skype up like that (remember, be prepared, because those zombies AREN'T going to kill themselves!), and I encountered a problem.

Skype and/or Vista has foiled our plans by not showing "DirectSound Input"
Congratulations!
You are not eligible for an award because I have no money, however you are free to have bragging rights.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »

GAH!

I tried looking around and No Joy!  :embarrassed:

I even went looking for the 1-2 YEAR old info I dug up about it when someone (Petra.  Anyone reading this remember her?!?  :o ) had this problem, and I'm sure that was the fix, but then... there was no VISTA then....

Sry, you said the magic word: I'm no help on this one.  (No spreken zee Vista...)

Sry....  :'(

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 10:27:14 AM by MrMxyzptlk »

Offline BFM_Skedog

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2008, 08:21:29 PM »

Since Mxy doesnt speek Vista, Ill do my best,I know that Ventrilo does show DirectSound Input and im running on Vista, Premium(basic does as well), so i am assuming that Skype is your problem, possibly take a look at some forums for skype or some FaQ's.
Sorry that im not providing links to things, but it is very late here and I need to get off, so if I get the chance in the morning ill add some links for you to check out that might help you,

BFM_Skedog

Heh, I just now got around to setting Skype up like that (remember, be prepared, because those zombies AREN'T going to kill themselves!), and I encountered a problem.

Skype and/or Vista has foiled our plans by not showing "DirectSound Input"

By priceslaytonv at 2011-03-05

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a few seconds, set him on FIRE and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

A GREAT leader has the ability to combine knowledge, passion, caring, and wisdom into a focused energy that perpetuates the desire to do GREAT in those who are following.

Offline Tåndêm

• Senior Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2008, 10:14:08 PM »

GAH!

I tried looking around and No Joy!  :embarrassed:

I even went looking for the 1-2 YEAR old info O dug up about it when someone (Petra.  Anyone reading this remember her?!?  :o ) had this problem, and I'm sure that was the fix, but then... there was no VISTA then....

Sry, you said the magic word: I'm no help on this one.  (No spreken zee Vista...)

Sry....  :'(

It's fine, I'd put Vent on the XP box where Halo is, but my Vista laptop is the one with the mic.
Congratulations!

Offline BFM_MacAir

• BFM Admin
  • 5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2008, 07:03:58 PM »
I can no longer get on vent. Did some thing change? I only get a contacting Sever message.
[img width=138
Sig by bfm_TrkKing

Ò¿Ó... shift option k  

Print