Print 

Author Topic: bout the other thing  (Read 7114 times)

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
Re: bout the other thing
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »
Yes. Yes i am. A big lil' kid. ;D

Offline 'Medic

• Posts Too Much
  • High Speed, Low Drag.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 10:20:58 PM »
im 21 how can i be young?

I'm 36 and every time I get on my bike or go running, I remember what it was to be 8 years old. Playing Halo as a BFM admin creates that strange dichotomy (2 persons in 1 existence) of being "old" enough to guide others towards good sportsmanship and being "young" enough to enjoy the pure, child-like glee in a good game of Halo racing.

We are all old and young in our own ways. I can tell you, I have felt like an old mentor with some of my paramedic students and have sobbed like a lost 8-year-old after a really difficult ambulance call.

We are as "old" as we choose to be.

Race well, be a good sport and treat everyone as your best friend. Things always go better that way.

-'Medic

-signature courtesy of Atroxide & h@ngm@n

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try!"
--Master Yoda

Offline Defender

• Junior Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2007, 05:16:34 AM »
36?  Ewww!  Go drink your Metamucil!                                          :winkgrin:

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
  • You've gotta think fast to be fast!
    • A Sonic Fan's paradise! ^^
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2007, 01:11:22 PM »
just because you alot are respected admins doesnt mean that u dont bide the rules, jst because u are respected mean u get more reliabitly so when something does happen, people cant tell the truth coz u guys dont belive it, i no wat i saw and its ur choice to not belive it, but if you dont belive it  then your fools. dont rust ne one just because ther respected and admins. ther are people hu fake to get ther way u no.

Sym,
The BFM rules are extremely important to all of the bfm/BFM members (and to nearly all Halo players) in order to keep the BFM servers as family friendly as possible.  One does not get the admin tags without consistently demonstrating those qualities explained in those rules.

The BFM admins are also human.  They makes mistakes in the games, as we all do, but always take responsibility for them.  It's impossible to catch all of the rule breaking while racing, so it may appear that a BFM is not paying attention.  He/she needs to see the incident in order to comment on it to the rule breaker, and try to let the violators correct their behavior.

Please understand that you are not being dismissed.  You are welcome on the servers as long as you play by the rules and treat the other players (including rule breakers) with respect. 

Hope to see you on the tracks for some good clean fun.
ImaybeU

That is exactly true and I couldn't have said it better myself :zoot:

Next time could you at least complain in English...sheesh!  ::)

:rotflmboOMG:
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Special thanks to Mr T for the sonic sig!! :D
You found my secret message!  PM me for a prize!

Offline BFM_ImaybeU

• BFM Admin
  • Got Ping? I do!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2007, 01:37:53 PM »

I'm 36 and every time I get on my bike or go running, I remember what it was to be 8 years old. Playing Halo as a BFM admin creates that strange dichotomy (2 persons in 1 existence) of being "old" enough to guide others towards good sportsmanship and being "young" enough to enjoy the pure, child-like glee in a good game of Halo racing.

We are all old and young in our own ways. I can tell you, I have felt like an old mentor with some of my paramedic students and have sobbed like a lost 8-year-old after a really difficult ambulance call.

Race well, be a good sport and treat everyone as your best friend. Things always go better that way.

-'Medic

Well said, Medic.  Age is a state of mind.  The year is just a number.   BTW - I'm 59 and a former drug and alcohol counselor.  Hey, Defender, you'll be 36 in eight years, you puppy.  LOL

I hope to see Sym on the tracks, so we can enjoy the kid in us.
-ImaybeU

^^Thanks Warlord for the great sig!

Offline sym

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2007, 04:40:11 PM »
bout the comment bout admins wouldnt want to give up everything they've worked for btw, if they wanted to do it they can now coz they are admins, they work for it get it n abuse it

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
Sym,

We all are still in BFM because despite the abuse we may receive from guests about our servers and the hark word we put in, we still have fun. If we didn't have fun we would not be here. When I get up in the morning or get home from school it is great to hear a friendly voice on vent.

Hydra

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline sym

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 05:05:13 PM »
hydra

i no the feelin, i love comin home n goin on bf2 or cs n tlkin to people on vent, i aint sayin that i dont, but when people dont belive things that thing do happen its pointless havin rules if they keep getting broken, i cant say ne more than that, ive apologised etc so now its up 2 you alot to accept it n give people fresh start

sym
Sym,

We all are still in BFM because despite the abuse we may receive from guests about our servers and the hark word we put in, we still have fun. If we didn't have fun we would not be here. When I get up in the morning or get home from school it is great to hear a friendly voice on vent.

Hydra

Offline BFM_ImaybeU

• BFM Admin
  • Got Ping? I do!
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »
Sym - please refer to yesterday's posts by BFM_Nrvand about admins monitoring behavior of other BFM members and Sandoz's explanation about fake BFM's.  I see a lot of them (fake BFMs) and they are routinely kicked or banned, when caught.  

Can you at least accept that the behavior you described sounds very much like a "fake" BFM?  If a BFM is truly abusing his/her privileges of having the tags, it will become apparent to the others and that member could lose his/her priviledges as a BFM.

The BFM member community will monitor your own behavior before deciding to unban you from the one server.  We really do want to have good time sharing the tracks with you.  I look forward to seeing you on the tracks.

-ImaybeU

^^Thanks Warlord for the great sig!

Offline sym

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 05:20:23 PM »
i respect wat ur saying n take it to notice,

see you on the track m8, that is if they unblock me lol

sym

Offline Fluffy Pink

• Newbie Poster
  • Hugs and Grenades for All!
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 08:42:58 PM »
I just wanted to pitch in my  2c on the age subtopic in this thread.  I present:

Fluffy Pink's Law of Relativism in Maturity   (bum bum buuuuuuum!)

"No matter how much you think you know at any given point in your life, ten years later you'll be amazed at how dumb you really were."

I first heard this when I was eighteen, and now at twenty-nine I'm certain it's true (and will be tens years from now, and ten years from then, et cetera).  It's a nice lesson in humility to keep it in mind.

Edited for grammar. FAIL!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 09:39:44 PM by Fluffy Pink »
I shoot center-mass and dot my i's with hearts.  Because I can.

Offline Plixity

• Posts Too Much
  • I'm in your base, killing your mans.
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2007, 09:08:41 PM »
Sheesh, ain't it the truth Fluffy!

It doesn't even need to take 10 years, sometimes just a couple days to realize that what you thought was completely wrong.

Offline BFM_Skedog

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 05:03:42 PM »

-'Medic
that is so right,
i know that im not old and i have a long way from it,
but We all make mistakes and we all have problems and if we dont like something that has happened then we have 2 learn that we could have everything alot worse and that we dont need to take out our anger on people that have not done anything 2 u :)
truly,
skedog81

By priceslaytonv at 2011-03-05

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a few seconds, set him on FIRE and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

A GREAT leader has the ability to combine knowledge, passion, caring, and wisdom into a focused energy that perpetuates the desire to do GREAT in those who are following.

Print