Print 

Author Topic: CE not working  (Read 5047 times)

Offline Rogers

• Newbie Poster
Re: CE not working
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 02:56:35 PM »
1. I can only join default maps
2. how do i change it from a .zip file to a .map

just putting this this to the top, hope it gets noticed
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 05:23:26 PM by Rogers »

Offline Rogers

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 01:43:28 PM »
just putting this to the top, hopefully i get some moer help

Offline =TH= Batman

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 02:41:11 PM »
take the .map file out of the zip file that is the map and put it in you maps folder

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 02:18:20 AM »
Did you fix it?  To unzip .zip files right-click on the .zip file and use WinXP's native "Extract To..." link to get the .map files out of it.
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Offline Dante

• Newbie Poster
  • Pain Is Just a Figment Of Our Imagination
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 01:40:30 AM »
i had that problem once, i just got mad, deleted halo CE then reinstalled it, but i had to replace all the maps to so that sucked

Offline FlameDragon

• Junior Poster
  • hack and slash my way to victory.
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2007, 08:01:34 PM »
i just got over this problem myself i just had to make sure i had all the maps and make sure i took them all out of the .rar files

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 09:31:17 PM »
To open a .ZIP file:

DOUBLE-CLICK the .ZIP file in a Windows Explorer (My Computer & navigate to file(s)) window, then from the window that pops up, drag the .map file(s) into the Halo\maps folder (nice to have open in another Explorer window) one at a time.

Then either delete the .zip file from which you just got the .map, or simply dimiss the popup window by selecting the "X" in the upper-right corner.

Only files ending in .map within your ...\Halo\maps folder matter.  Anywhere else and you're just wasting disk space....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Chaindog

• BFM Admin
  • F☼rum M☼derator
    • Hades Star:  Stargate Corp
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 09:26:49 PM »
And another reminder:  DO NOT put the .zip or .rar files inside that /maps folder.  CE reads every single map and file inside that folder (unlike regular Halo PC) which slows down your map start times quite a bit!!!
"May you never cheat, lie, steal, or drink....if you must cheat, cheat death..if you must lie, lie in a loved ones arms...if you must steal, steal kisses...and if you must drink, drink with us yo!"

NOTE:  I've currently returned from serving in various Middle East combat zones.  Wow, just realized how many years I've been hanging with BFM, since near the beginning!  :Chaindog:

Print