Print 

Author Topic: Ladders- Sidewinder Part 3  (Read 1367 times)

Offline §§}Compdude

• Posts Too Much
  • Runs With Scissors!
    • Xtremission
Ladders- Sidewinder Part 3
« on: February 01, 2008, 08:14:24 AM »
Sorry to prolong the question but since this isn't an open forum I couldn't attach this to one of the existing threads

It would seem to me that people are avoiding the obvious option when an enemy is coming up the ladder. It makes sense to me, and I often do it, to jump down on top of my enemy with assault rifle blazing. I don't know if this would violate the firing from an elevated area though, does standing on top of them when they're on a ladder count?

Jumping down is also the most efficient ammo-wise, as every shot is a headshot. 10-15 shots from an assault rifle and they're dead.

-Compdude
License and registration, sir!

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: Ladders- Sidewinder Part 3
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:41:39 PM »
While technically it can be argued that the described situation is still firing down I would not see it as being a very blatant violation.  Even though we have quite a few rules to deal with in race, we at BFM are still more concerned with the "spirit of the law" than arguing technicalities.  Chances are you will find different admins treat the situation you described differently.  Some will call you on it some won't.  the context of the situation means a lot.  What I still don't understand is, if getting your next nav was the most important thing on your mind, why engage in an un-needed fight that you might loose when you can just use one of the 2 other ladders?  Modesty aside, I think I do well in cosistantly topping the leader board and I will tell you that I run from conflict every chance I get.  There comes a level of detail that we just don't want to write into the rules.  We need to give our admins the guidelines and let them call each situation as they see them.  Maybe not the answer you were looking for but there you have it.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline §§}Compdude

• Posts Too Much
  • Runs With Scissors!
    • Xtremission
Re: Ladders- Sidewinder Part 3
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 01:29:45 PM »
That was a good enough explanation for me. I've never been warned for it before, and since it's not terribly  wrong like tossing a nade in the hole I don't guess I'm the worse off for it. Besides, I'll get my nav just as quick AND my enemy will be waiting to respawn :LOL: I still get around the map as fast as possible and my opposition doesn't get around the map at all.

I hope I don't run into you coming up though lol, you're too deadly :P
License and registration, sir!

Print