Print 

Author Topic: Diablo II - The dark Side  (Read 3026 times)

Offline BarbeBleue

• Junior Poster
Diablo II - The dark Side
« on: March 20, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »
I held this too much inside, I must let it go!

First of all, I love Diablo 2, to me, it is a classic.  Sound effects are nice, music is appropriate, skills and characters are various and you can adapt your gameplay with different items you find in the game... anyway you probably know what I'm talking about... It's D2!!  Althought it can be quite repetitive and you can be bored really fast by the act1 quests that you do over and over again, I still love this game and it have it's unique charisma.

What I want to share with you, is my frustration about one side of the game: the hardcore mod.  It's only a simple change compared to the "softcore" version of the game, but from this simple change alot of things are different.  In this mod, you CAN'T die! if you die once, you're dead.  You lost all the items you had, xp you earned, hours you spent... and so on!
Now this is not bad, it adds thrill to the game and I played alot of hardcore characters only for the thrill that they were hardcore!!
To me, it is not a big deal if you die to the monsters in the game, cause thats your fault!  but many twisted-mind players build their own character to litterally PK (player-kill) others gamers like me.  I have nothing against that! A fair duel where the most skilled player wins is totally legal and adds alot to the thrill if it is in hardcore mod!
BUT! some players use some cheap ways to kill players when they do not expect it.  Like me because I am too trusty to people most of the time!
So heres how they proceed:
-While they are allied with you, they know where you are and come close to "help"
-when they are ready to act.. they cast a few of their best spell (in my case the sorc casted a couple of frost bolts)
-Then they quickly cast a town portal because they can't turn hostile into wilderness.
-As they turn hostile into town, their spell (ex frost bolts) hit me, and kill me. And their town portal disapear too.
   All this in less then 2 seconds.  There is no way I can prevent that otherwise than being really cautious toward other players or simply play with a password.  I also noticed that most of these players use some kind of hack so they only have to press 1 key to do all the steps shown above.

Now this is something you want to remove from the gaming world don't you think?  it runs the people mad like me!!!  Now, of course I did not cried, it is only a game and I am still skilled in other domains of my real life lol.  But still, it happened right before I went to bed... I lost my level 66 trap assassin and that night, I had a bad sleep.  It's not much that I'm sad for my character, it's because, acording to my x-fire profile, it took me aproximatively 25 hours to build that Trapsin.  It is all those wasted hours that hunted me in my dreams lol.
I left the game like 1/2 a second after being Pked because my words would of been stronger than my thoughts.

Hehe I wanted to share this with anyone who takes the time to read it !!  It has no links with Halo, but I had to let it go out of my system >.< I don,t really speak about games in real life so that was a deep scar.
Barbe  - french for Beard
Bleue - french for Blue

might also remember me as Shakur

Offline §§}Compdude

• Posts Too Much
  • Runs With Scissors!
    • Xtremission
Re: Diablo II - The dark Side
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:08:29 PM »
I don't think the game name is allowed on the forums, it's a spanish name for something bad, and has been censored in the past. I'd suggest you edit it out of the post and title.  :winkgrin:
License and registration, sir!

Offline BarbeBleue

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 10:11:44 AM »
Seriously?!?
You mean the Diablo II ?? well anyway my pain is realeased lol so they can delete the whole post if they want.
 I am not sure I can change the name of the thread (I'll try tho).
To me it is only a game name... I don't know any other sens to that. Maybe it's religious in spanish as you said... i'm not here to offend anyone.

::EDIT:: I know now how to change the name but it looks like it's okay >.< (sry if it hurted anyone)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 09:59:51 AM by Nemm„ »
Bleue - french for Blue

Offline Ediseye

• Posts Too Much
  • And t3h shark eatz itz
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 05:57:15 PM »
Personally, I do know what it means in Spanish. But I also don't think that it should be changed. For now, I'll just keep the post how i is. If a higher up or someone else sees a problem with it, please feel free to change it.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 07:32:03 PM »
It's a game name. It shall be allowed. People say it on vent and stuff etc. all the time as a game name.

I love this game also. Though I never got into the multiplayer action.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »
It's a game name. It shall be allowed. People say it on vent and stuff etc. all the time as a game name.

I love this game also. Though I never got into the multiplayer action.

I played this game a lot, from the day it was released, and quickly gave up on-line play because of all the cheaters out there....  :'(

I used to play LAN games coop with my son after that, but now we've both (finally?) moved on....

I've played the game with one character the way that it was MEANT to be played: Over a long time and with a great deal of patience, and got my Paladin up to some insane level. (65, I think, but I just tried to run the game and found that all my profiles never got moved over from my previous system!)

Granted I'm pretty sure I did make a few trips to the Secret Cow Level (NOT a cheat!) to accomplish that, tho!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BarbeBleue

• Junior Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 10:08:32 AM »
Granted I'm pretty sure I did make a few trips to the Secret Cow Level (NOT a cheat!) to accomplish that, tho!

Yea who can forget the "Moo Moo" from the secret cow level!! Tons and tons of cows with weapons running after you screaming "mooo mooo"... that is memorable.
Although some lover of cows  ::) would not really like it.

Another Yesss for MrMxyzptlk who tells us that the real way to play is legitly and anyway, on hardcore mod you don't really have a choice!!!
Bleue - french for Blue

Offline Ediseye

• Posts Too Much
  • And t3h shark eatz itz
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »
Yeah, highest I ever got on of my guys was a level 82 blessed hammer Paladin. So many good times with that character. Lol. But stupidly, I forgot to log on and the dude expired, rofl.

Offline Gr4mz0n

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 05:15:34 AM »
Diablo II is a really good game!
I don't think the game name is offending...
I know what it means and it's not a swear or something  ;D
"Hey! That was my kill!!"

One click 'a day keeps unemployement away!!
--> Industry :p

My WII FC:
0850 - 5901 - 3434 - 5669
My Pkmn Battle Rev FC:
2105 - 7508 - 5301
My GHIII FC:

Print