Print 

Author Topic: Original XBOX Live?  (Read 2357 times)

Offline ati.radeon

• Newbie Poster
Original XBOX Live?
« on: March 14, 2009, 02:21:12 PM »
Hey all,

I'm thinking of getting an original XBOX (refurbished from gamestop $50) to play Halo 1 and 2 online. Is XBOX Live still going to work on it? Do I just buy regular Live cards?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks,
ati-radeon

Offline headshot

• Newbie Poster
  • Always trust the Jeep.
Re: Original XBOX Live?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 07:37:41 PM »
Well I did some research for you and came up with this compatibility list

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

its for the Xb360, and you'll need a hard drive for the update software. and yes you can play them online with xbox live.

Also I think you can actualy subscribe to live from the console its self , or at least get a number to call microsoft to subscribe.

its deffinitaly better to go with the 360 over the original xbox because the dvd drive goes on the system, first it will stop playing dvd movies, then games. becareful what kind of condition you find an xbox in befor you get one. cuz you might be buyin one to use and 2 for parts.

oh yeah and what ever you do don't take the heat sink off of the graphic's prossesor unit (its the smaller one!!), you'll fry your component video, but for some strange reason analog will still work, weird

Offline ati.radeon

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 09:14:50 PM »
Ok tanks so much! I know the 360 is better but my friend offered me his original for free. Thanks!

Offline headshot

• Newbie Poster
  • Always trust the Jeep.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 11:21:15 AM »
no problem glad to help

Offline Ledgo

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 03:35:25 PM »
You can still play live with the original, but you need a credit card subscription last I knew. People with 360 can also play with you, so Halo 2 is still decently popular considering its age.

Offline headshot

• Newbie Poster
  • Always trust the Jeep.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 12:32:54 PM »
(I now its way past but It should be noted)

If you have a subscription to XBOX live (Silver or Gold) you can still play "compatible" Original Xbox Titles that work for the 360 on Live, only on Pro and Elite Xbox 360 Consoles. Xbox 360 Arcade console dose not have backwards compatibility to play original Xbox titles.

that and EA games from original Xbox do not work for some reason

you can get the subs by these means:

1.)Transfer your original Xbox Subscription over to your 360.

If you have a trial card (they still work for some reason , sometimes) , or a bought in store Original (Orange black and green colored card) Xbox live card.

You use your cards on the OrigXbox, get it all set up. make your gamertag. then save it to the OrigXbox (OrigX for short). Take your 360 and go To your live accounts, there should be something about transferring your origx live account over to your 360 live account.

then after that you'll need to delete your live data from OrigX's HD

way #2 is: Xbox Live Silver Or Gold Cards ! can be bought at most stores silver has less features than gold, thus it can be found cheaper in some spots.

basically the same as the OrigX, Cept with the 360 instead.

3. Trials! (Like free samples at Sam's club) 360 comes with Silver in the box , you can get on live right out of the box. plus some games have trial cards in them for live.

4. credit card, no explanation needed here.

5. Bill by mail , with checks and stuff. This option gets set up by phone, really lame.

that's all that I know, by surfing, reading and my own experience. all in all its like a really good magazine subscription.

Print