Print 

Author Topic: moving to halo 3  (Read 6506 times)

Offline allast0r

• Newbie Poster
  • if it isnt my eternal rival.
moving to halo 3
« on: September 25, 2007, 04:23:40 AM »
hey since halo 3 is out in multiplayer will some of the bfm players move to halo 3

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: moving to halo 3
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 05:55:20 PM »
In this forum you can only get answeres from officers.  If you were wanting to get feedback from all members of the clan you can move this to the "general" forum....would you like us to do that for you?

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline allast0r

• Newbie Poster
  • if it isnt my eternal rival.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:24:24 AM »
In this forum you can only get answeres from officers.  If you were wanting to get feedback from all members of the clan you can move this to the "general" forum....would you like us to do that for you?
sure

Offline angry at myself

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:19:27 AM »
sorry but think you all go way to fast !!

I live in the Netherlands (Holland) and we are waiting for halo 2 for windows XP (piece of software or new game) and halo 3 aint out yet here.
Most of the people here playing halo are computer guys and all wait for Xp option.

Halo 2 isnt in use here, only for xbox if xbox is working. thousands of xbox users stepped over or wait for repairs

thanks

Tom

Offline ŠeviŃ

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 05:43:51 PM »
sorry but think you all go way to fast !!

I live in the Netherlands (Holland) and we are waiting for halo 2 for windows XP (piece of software or new game) and halo 3 aint out yet here.
Most of the people here playing halo are computer guys and all wait for Xp option.

Halo 2 isnt in use here, only for xbox if xbox is working. thousands of xbox users stepped over or wait for repairs

thanks

Tom

first off, smooth name? if your angry at bfm, i would make a thread somewhere talking about it (yet follow the rules of the forums).

secondly, as far as i know, halo 3 isn't out for the pc yet. and as far as i know, BFM doesn't have an H2 server either.

to answer the original question by the original poster, i doubt BFM will move to halo 3. unless it has good racing. and it comes out on pc soon.

and i say that as an x-BFM. because thats about what they would say. i think. probably. lol.
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ŠeviŃ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 08:00:12 PM »
allast0r:

BFM servers are obviously for Halo Combat Evolved  users playing in a NON-console environment (PC/Mac), so the fact that Halo 3 is out ONLY on Xbucks $360 (  ;D  ;) ) really doesn't affect how/what BFM plays "as a clan."

Now if you're just asking: "Hey, do any of you folks with a penchant for Halo play Halo 3 (on your Xbox 360) now?", then that's all well and good, but you might wanna clarify that that's the case, or you'll just get confused replies....

FYI: No, I do not/will not play Halo 3 (other than yesterday night with my son & his friend after we picked it up!  ::) ) cuzza I see no need to buy an Xbox....
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 11:01:31 PM »
My understanding is that Halo 3 pc wont have race. If that is the case then we wouldnt ever consider moving to halo 3. IF thats not correct then I can say it could be considered in the future. But would be a long time away.

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 10:35:28 PM »
You'd be correct Boss, the Race game type has been removed since Halo 2. From what I've seen the only mpa really large enough to support a decent Race is Sand Trap, however, it is smaller than Death Island, and on average most of the vehicle maps are far smaller than the Halo 1 maps. The other problem is that most vehicles go ka-boom after one hit from the Spartan Laser, Rocket Laucher or the Gauss Hog.

Oddly, they made a game type called Infection that plays like a Zombie film. Kinda fun, just weird.

Offline Gunner

• Junior Poster
  • When The Rich Wage War It's The Poor Who Die.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 07:13:14 PM »
You'd be correct Boss, the Race game type has been removed since Halo 2. From what I've seen the only mpa really large enough to support a decent Race is Sand Trap, however, it is smaller than Death Island, and on average most of the vehicle maps are far smaller than the Halo 1 maps. The other problem is that most vehicles go ka-boom after one hit from the Spartan Laser, Rocket Laucher or the Gauss Hog.

Oddly, they made a game type called Infection that plays like a Zombie film. Kinda fun, just weird.

that zombie mode is the only good thing on halo 3 with 300% speed. its hilarious
"Sir We Are Surrounded!"
"Excellent! Now We Can Attack in any direction!"

Offline AR~Unit»Zero

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 08:18:09 PM »
The other problem is that most vehicles go ka-boom after one hit from the Spartan Laser, Rocket Laucher or the Gauss Hog.

I find it highly tiresome that vehicles seem to be virtually useless in Halo 2 and, from what you're saying, Halo 3 as well. Vehicles are half the fun of the original Halo and a large part of what sets it apart from other FPS games.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 04:06:16 AM »
I do agree with Unit 0 on this one. Vehicles should not be able to be blown up.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 02:44:41 PM »
Well, it's more than just blow up, wheels get blown off, engine catches on fire, windshield shatters, cowlings crumble, ect, ect. all the while the handling gets progressively worse.

To me I think that racing wouldn't work so well under those conditions, unless you are going all out on a mongoose with just drivers, no passengers.

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »
Well, it's more than just blow up, wheels get blown off, engine catches on fire, windshield shatters, cowlings crumble, ect, ect. all the while the handling gets progressively worse.

To me I think that racing wouldn't work so well under those conditions, unless you are going all out on a mongoose with just drivers, no passengers.

Makes it more realistic though.
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2008, 02:48:12 PM »
Very true, but under sustained chain fire most hogs in halo 3 fall apart rather quickly.

Offline Fralalala

• Regular Poster
  • This One Time I Was BFM_British...
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »

Makes it more realistic though.

Sci-Fi's don't have to be realistic  ;D

Print