Print 

Author Topic: Rockets or no rockets?  (Read 9529 times)

Offline OrbitAddict

• Posts Too Much
  • `¤_«тнιѕ,ιѕ,иот,а,Đяιʟʟ»_¤´
Re: Rockets or no rockets?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 03:06:26 PM »
I looooove rockets! ;D

'Nuff said.

Offline Jake

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2007, 05:21:27 PM »
 ;D I  am pretty good at rockets, but I don't use them much and I would perfer no rockets on a race server. No one likes it when when you are about to when, and then a rocket hits you and you can't find another hog.

But, it is your sever do whatever you want  (!

Offline martin

• Newbie Poster
  • I belive i can fly!!to the sky!!with the yummy pie
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 02:05:16 AM »
it looks like pretty lights and pretty fireworks!pretty fireworks!!woo hoo!!beautiful! lol
once i ate a  bunny rabbit looking bun..and i thought it was time to have so fun with super guns..

Offline BlazinAngel

• Regular Poster
  • THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE HIGHLANDER !!!
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2007, 08:37:14 PM »
Pistols, snipers, shotguns....

anything but rockets ! (well i dont like plasma much either, gets boring when u cant kill any1)
"I'll say sorry, but I'm not taking off my glasses."  -EPIC ! :beachglasses:

Offline Defender

• Junior Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2007, 09:03:31 PM »
Just came from the rocket server (#8, I think it is) and it's the same as every time I've gone in - nothing but campers, slayers, and generally the type of negative players who like all-rocket games.   If you want to keep it, I'd suggest having different settings for different maps to balance out the gameplay; chaingun hogs on the more open levels (like Blood Gulch) to balance the ghosts, increased health/shields on more cramped (like Sidewinder) levels cause they're rocketfests, and so on.

Offline JuiceBox!

• Senior Poster
  • The personal text I wanted to put here was too lon
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2007, 08:54:53 AM »
I like the old-school weapon set. Pistols, Assault rifle. Pickup a plasma rifle instead of the assault rifle. Dang you got two deadly weapons right there. I have killed people up close with the plasma rifle before they even knew what was happening. Plasma depletes the shield in less than a second if in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. You can either go full pistol, or full Plasma rifle. Or, switch from Plasma rifle to Pistol after shield is drained and they're dead in seconds.

I don't like heavy weapons at all really. I don't really go out of my way in regular weapon set maps to pick up a heavy weapon. Come play CTF with me on our CTF server with heavy weapon set, and I'm sorry but you're gonna hear a bunch of whining from me :P

I hate heavy weapons, you die too quickly and really anyone can shoot one. 2c

Offline (herd)_Ian7

• Regular Poster
  • Current Rival: (herd)Trooper
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 01:18:26 PM »
Yes they are fun but can get boring RLY quick so i put either!  :)

Again another awesome sig by BFM_Plixity! Thanks!

Offline §§}Compdude

• Posts Too Much
  • Runs With Scissors!
    • Xtremission
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 07:42:54 PM »
I'm definitely more of a tactical sniper than a rocket commando. Far more finesse required with faster results too.

I'm a big fan of the Covie pistol though, more effective than either the Human pistol or the Cov rifle.
License and registration, sir!

Offline Eelman

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 03:53:01 PM »
 :angel:I believe that servers with only 1 weapon (ie. snipers, rockets) suck. And rockets are a way to get a cheap kill (and in my case a suicide). In the heavy-weapons category i prefer the fuel rod. it isnt allways instant kill and it looks pretty.

Offline Ápollo

• Junior Poster
  • I used to be Ápollo
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 01:09:44 AM »
I like rockets
and with the lag I get from Aussie Internet, no one can hit me ;D

Thanks BFM_Spidey for this Great Sig !!!

Offline Bowser

• Posts Too Much
  • Alright chaps! Lets do this! LEEEROOY JAAANNKINS!!
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 07:13:45 AM »
Well.... I prefer the modded servers were the snipers shoot tank rounds!  :neckbeard: ;D but I'd prefer a RL for non modded games. Makes a nice THWUMP sound, and almost always ends in the opponents death  :dance:

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 10:25:45 PM »
Well.... I prefer the modded servers were the snipers shoot tank rounds!  :neckbeard: ;D but I'd prefer a RL for non modded games. Makes a nice THWUMP sound, and almost always ends in the opponents death  :dance:
i agree

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
  • You've gotta think fast to be fast!
    • A Sonic Fan's paradise! ^^
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 07:39:15 AM »
I said no rockets because they are what I call a "fire and forget weapon" AKA, you fire and then forget it took almost no skill... Rocket hog turrets excluded from that statement as hitting a fast moving hog while in another fast moving hog is a different story all together :P

Sonic
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Special thanks to Mr T for the sonic sig!! :D
You found my secret message!  PM me for a prize!

Offline Stealth.

• Posts Too Much
  • Loading, please wait...
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 11:35:30 AM »
I used to think Rockets take no skill but I don't really believe that any more. It is true that it is easy for most people to get kills with a rocket launcher, especially in an All Rockets game, but just because a lot of people can get kills without doesn't mean that someone that is skilled with a rocket launcher can't get more kills. People that really know how to use a RL can kill far more people before they get killed by someone who spawns right next to them, and there are plenty of certain *special* shots that only someone that knows how to use a RL well can get kills with.

My point is that while the RL is easy to get kills with, there are also those who have lots of skill using it and are better than most others.
Now for my ultra cool sig...

<>     <>
          <
          -
          \/

"What the..he has his flashlight on...Should we have our flashlights on??"

Channel Jumper Chamipion - '06

Many say life is too short. Well, name one thing you do that is longer.

"Does that blow your mind? Because That Just Happened!"

www.freerice.com - Awesome site for a great cause.

Stealth-Beg for Mercy

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2008, 07:52:36 PM »
I choose no rockets.
I like a challenge! ;D

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Print