Print 

Author Topic: CE  (Read 5969 times)

Offline Agonath

• Newbie Poster
CE
« on: September 01, 2013, 05:07:07 PM »
How often do games get started up in CE and is there a map list?

Offline Agonath

• Newbie Poster
Re: CE
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 05:27:46 PM »
I'm also looking for a program like winrar so I can get the maps only free.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 08:43:06 PM »

All of Halo CE and all CE maps - original and user-created - are free for user-owners of a legal copy of Halo Combat Evolved. Everything "Halo CE" can be found here.

BFM does not support a Halo CE server.

You'll need to use the HaloCE Lobby to find the scant few that are usually up and running.

Good luck!

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Agonath

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 08:29:52 AM »
I know the maps are free but the program to get the files to halo CE isn't I'm talking about the program that extracts the files to the game.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 12:05:27 PM »
I know the maps are free but the program to get the files to halo CE isn't I'm talking about the program that extracts the files to the game.

Once more: Halo CE IS FREE for any owner of Halo Combat Evolved, and ALL Halo CE MAPS ARE FREE.

I guess your talking about the fact that most of the downloaded files are in "ZIP" format?

Unless you're running a very OLD version of WinDoze, you should simply be able to DOUBLE-CLICK on the zip file and it should then display all the files (that are in the ZIP archive.)  All you need to do from there is to drag the ".map" file (for each map) into your Halo CE "MAPS" directory.

NOTE: The more maps you have in that directory, the longer it takes to load and start up Halo CE....  (There is a "workaround" that lessens the delay, however, but don't deal with that until you've got your Halo CE all running fine....)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 12:15:33 PM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print