Print 

Author Topic: Racing nights  (Read 5309 times)

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
  • My middle name is luck,mind you my 1st name is bad
Racing nights
« on: October 28, 2016, 11:44:08 AM »
Moving this subject to a more accessible area for all to see, I am making this announcement.

In addition to the much-anticipated race night approaching on the 5th of November, I have been making a more concerted effort to get on and race so I can remove some of the rust I have managed to gather on both my tags and skills. While doing so, I have also been spamming, annoying and chit-chatting others into joining me for a couple of laps (You love me really guys!...yep).

This thread, from this point on, will now be where I will post my up and coming activity times.
The first two could be considered a reasonable success guys, so go us!
However! Lets make the next up and coming matches and races outstanding. 
Brush off those CDs, grab a packet of Doritos and drink copious amounts of mountain dew. It's time to race:

Up and coming dates/players:

• Lemming: I'm so sorry I couldn't make it guys. Something came. Will try to arrange another race later this week. 
  • Mil: TBC[/size]

Previous shout-outs include:
BFM_Fuzzy
BFM_Fenix
BFM_Mil
Tag
Aukward
Clip (Human bots)

Thanks for the races/games guys :)

*If anyone else would like to post times, add away or let me know and I shall pop your names up there with your times and dates.
(credit for giving me the idea to move the thread goes to Mil <3)

See you on the tracks!

Included Twitter button for Gav.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:04:30 PM by BFM_Lemming »

Terrible stats I know but like I said, I am not the greatest xD

T h ank you J ane! !

I never realised these were made for us all those years ago. SO I would like to thank and apologise to Lucky. Your medals are awesome! Thank you and sorry I missed them till now.

Online BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
Re: Racing nights
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 04:48:42 AM »
I can race whenever, however I won't be able to on Nov 1st during that time! Also you need to change BST to GMT which will be the time by Nov 1st!
I'll try to play more and see if we can get a few people join the servers.

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 04:52:19 AM »
I can race whenever, however I won't be able to on Nov 1st during that time! Also you need to change BST to GMT which will be the time by Nov 1st!
I'll try to play more and see if we can get a few people join the servers.

Oh yeah, clocks go forward on Sunday, completely spaced on that one! D: but thanks Mil :)
You know I'll be about, so if you want company, send me aline!

T h ank you J ane! !

I never realised these were made for us all those years ago. SO I would like to thank and apologise to Lucky. Your medals are awesome! Thank you and sorry I missed them till now.

Online BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 05:30:18 AM »
GMT+1 == CET (in Standard times). We'll be on GMT this Sunday Lemons.

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 05:34:46 AM »
Sometimes I wonder why I still talk to you ;)

Pointing out all my mistakes! :P How very dare you, sir! 1v1 me! (no please don't you'll win..I'm sorry.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 06:13:10 AM by BFM_Lemming »

T h ank you J ane! !

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 06:55:48 AM »
Slight up-date and Bump to match.
Mil and I shall be racing again tonight, so if anyone swings by and fancies a few matches. We'll catch you in the servers! I'll also be on discord.!

Thanks to Tag, Clip and Aukward for the laps this afternoon :) Great racing guys! Sorry I couldn't stay longer. But hopefully see you guys this evening.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 09:16:38 AM by BFM_Lemming »

T h ank you J ane! !

Online BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2016, 10:31:59 AM »
It may actually a bit later for me seeing how I have to make dinner and other stuff. Looking at 10PM onwards GMT.

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2016, 05:26:43 PM »
Even bigger success tonight :) thanks to all who raced tonight! :)

T h ank you J ane! !

Online BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2016, 05:29:00 PM »
Managed to get up to 7 people during the 2 hours (and a half for Lemming). Different people too! We're getting there slowly :D

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 05:34:10 PM »

T h ank you J ane! !

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 09:21:10 AM »
Hey guys,

This is just an update. I am still here, however, my time and efforts will be temporality focused on my studies for the next four weeks as I push for my final deadline. If I am honest, I am nervous about it but I know that when the time comes, I’ll be glad to hand my work in and enjoy a work free Christmas and an actual holiday, as well as get some proper shut-eye that lasts more than three hours xD

I will still be floating around the forums, making sure Fen and Mil don't get the last post on our forum favourite game. However, my activity in the server and Discord will drop. Enjoy the up and coming Hols and weeks, hope they are amazing for everyone.

See you on the tracks in four weeks’ time (I hear whispers of Mil organising a race night).

T h ank you J ane! !

Offline BFM_Fénix

• BFM Admin
  • I shall be reborn from the ashes
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 09:31:01 AM »
Life comming before games?!  :bang:

I hope you get the strength and stamina to finish this, and I wish it goes well. (I also want to get a read of it, some time  ;D )
2000th member of the BFM forums.
According to Hlao, and Hlao's word is law.

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 10:05:11 AM »
Haha well, if all goes to plan, hopefully the paper will be edited an published :) but regardless, will be happy to share a copy if you need something to help you fall asleep xD

Same goes for my research into gout. I studied it's prevalence rate within three medieval populations, layman, hospital and monastic, to see if I could link the prevalence rate to living standards, as gout or 'the disease of kings' was most associated with overcomsumption of meats and drinks...Although if we look at roman populations, it was less class related and more to do with their consumption of fortified wine. The added lead leading to hyperuricemia.

Was actually pretty awesome to research :) ... However my housemate found it extraordinarily boring. But I liked it xD  and now I have rambled. Avoiding work it would seem. Bad me. Catch ya in a bit Fen!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:12:21 AM by BFM_Lemming »

T h ank you J ane! !

Offline BFM_Fénix

• BFM Admin
  • I shall be reborn from the ashes
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 10:38:36 AM »
Haha well, if all goes to plan, hopefully the paper will be edited an published :) but regardless, will be happy to share a copy if you need something to help you fall asleep xD

Same goes for my research into gout. I studied it's prevalence rate within three medieval populations, layman, hospital and monastic, to see if I could link the prevalence rate to living standards, as gout or 'the disease of kings' was most associated with overcomsumption of meats and drinks...Although if we look at roman populations, it was less class related and more to do with their consumption of fortified wine. The added lead leading to hyperuricemia.

Was actually pretty awesome to research :) ... However my housemate found it extraordinarily boring. But I liked it xD  and now I have rambled. Avoiding work it would seem. Bad me. Catch ya in a bit Fen!

It may be hard to read, but not boring. It has been interesting to read about historic indicators to certain diseases throughout time, although I have not done it as of late... Furthermore, it is important as it provides a characteristic set of events that could give that disease a higher morbidity rate, enabling a correct response form health organisations.

And do not worry, I have my own set of papers to sleep XD
2000th member of the BFM forums.
According to Hlao, and Hlao's word is law.

Offline BFM_Lemming

• BFM Admin
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 08:35:28 AM »

It may be hard to read, but not boring. It has been interesting to read about historic indicators to certain diseases throughout time, although I have not done it as of late... Furthermore, it is important as it provides a characteristic set of events that could give that disease a higher morbidity rate, enabling a correct response form health organisations.

And do not worry, I have my own set of papers to sleep XD

Completely agree! Where is the like button when you need it! :P and woo!!!! I'd love to read some of your research too! :) Have a swap in the future??

(nvm found ya!)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:58:57 AM by BFM_Lemming »

T h ank you J ane! !

Print