Print 

Author Topic: Remove cod4 server for a black ops server?  (Read 16146 times)

Offline Benjy

• Posts Too Much
  • "Who Dares Wins"
Re: Remove cod4 server for a black ops server?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 02:44:55 PM »
But but but it says that (On steam) it says ow many ppl online. I'll never forget the day i first played Reach online.. "Current Players online: 3,000,000 + Players online.

Applied for recruitment, August, 30th, 2009
Vent access, 10th, October, 2009 Giving by BFM_Slim
First ever Scrim, 19th October, 2009
Small tags, 28th October, 2009 By BFM_JANE and BFM_ Kiwi
Big tags, 31st Decmeber, 2009 By BFM_Slim and BFM_Elvis.
Thanks to my awsomeness Sgt. d3 for getting me through
Received Corporal, 21st of April
Drop Corporal, N/A
Dropped tags April 16, 2012
Little tags are back, 29 Dec, 2012 :D
Picked up big tags again, N/A

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 05:05:37 PM »
I'd rather keep CoD4. My computer is way to bad to play Black Ops and the game itself is also too expensive. I think we should try to get the server running more. Like maybe having regular scrims every weekend or something. ZOMG! I just had the BEST IDEA!!!!!!!!! We could have *Drum roll*..... AUSSIE 3v3 CoD4 SCRIMS! ZOMG!

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 10:16:51 PM »
I would love to help out another division, and also to get out of Halo a bit, but still be with some of my same friends, but problem Is my PC can't run It.
I did a Can You Run It check up and here are the only negatives

I read the suggestions for how to upgrade etc, but I'm no computer wizard so I need some help for good suggestions etc.
-I have money, but not willing to spend over $70 dollars on an Item.

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 12:23:53 AM »
Well that's easy enoughto fix Crae, just free up some disk space! When I did a Can You Run it? it said that I didn't have good enough graphics (I believe) but if you just tweak the settings a bit it works fine. (Or just about).

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Lº§tMyMiNÐ

• Junior Poster
  • Introducing: my signature logo, modified.
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 12:35:48 AM »
Hello, everyone, Lº§tMyMiNÐ here.

Well, I'd love to play Call of Duty 4 on the PC sometime with the BFMs since I bought Call of Duty 4 about a month or two ago, but the thing is, nobody's on. I frequently check Xfire and every time, empty server. Even worse, I think my copy I have installed on my computer may or may not be corrupt because on MP it crashes, every time. I'd just gotten to level 24, too! DX

However, if anyone would like, I could be on in a little bit, after I reinstall and re-update as necessary, of course.

Still, about the topic at hand, my machine, I'd say, is about mid-range to lower-end. Sure, it's got the processor power and the RAM to handle it, I think (2GB worth), but the graphics card most likely will not even dare to breathe on something as demanding as Black Ops, much less play it.

Now, onto reinstallation and re-updating CoD4...

-
Lº§tMyMiNÐ

P.S. I'd really like to play CoD4 with the admins sometime. :)

It speaks for itself...

Offline -shiNe!

• Senior Poster
  • Former bfm & PR
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 01:27:55 AM »
I have free'd up A LOT of space many times, but I'm always low because there Is always some program that my family needs or I need etc, probably should just buy something to break In some more room.

Add me on Steam!
I lived in the days of Tanxs when he was but a kid.
BFM clan only scrims were my favorite. I was so proud to make it into the ranks of this clan, but proud enough to let that be my downfall.
I am only happy that I got to experience such a legendary clan.

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 03:07:16 AM »
Yeah lol

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 08:42:23 AM »
Why did BFM never move to Halo 2 PC?

I think we should take that into consideration when taking this into consideration.

Edit: I mean the things other than the fact that Halo 2 didn't have Race.... = )

I mean, think about it, we had a KOS server, no race. Halo 2 would've been fine for that, but the whole thing is..... you have to think about the lack of adminning the server. Already, we're talking about a limited number of people that would be able to admin the server, as well as a limited amount of guests here that would be able to join as well. It could bring new people to BFM, however is it fair to essentially phase out our old guests?

Plus Black Ops is still fairly new, and everyone knows how people flock to the new thing, play it, finish it, then go back to the games they really love. I think a bit more patience should be used to let the new effect wear off a bit and see what the Black Ops community really looks like.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 08:51:09 AM by SüprM@ñ »
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2011, 01:42:23 PM »
Why did BFM never move to Halo 2 PC?

I think we should take that into consideration when taking this into consideration.

Edit: I mean the things other than the fact that Halo 2 didn't have Race.... = )

I mean, think about it, we had a KOS server, no race. Halo 2 would've been fine for that, but the whole thing is..... you have to think about the lack of adminning the server. Already, we're talking about a limited number of people that would be able to admin the server, as well as a limited amount of guests here that would be able to join as well. It could bring new people to BFM, however is it fair to essentially phase out our old guests?

Plus Black Ops is still fairly new, and everyone knows how people flock to the new thing, play it, finish it, then go back to the games they really love. I think a bit more patience should be used to let the new effect wear off a bit and see what the Black Ops community really looks like.

If im not mistaken halo 2 does not have dedicated servers

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2011, 04:32:27 PM »
It doesn't to my knowledge either, however my point is that just because there's a new game out that might be popular at the moment doesn't mean that we should just switch over to it, even if the current server remains empty for now.

Probably best to maybe take down our current server, then put it back up when people return to COD4.

I think the cons created definitely outweigh the pros here for having the Black Ops server.
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »

+1

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2011, 06:21:47 AM »
Personal opinion:

Bought black ops for the 360. Played the campaign - enjoyed it. Played the multiplayer - did not enjoy it.

The more I played the multiplayer, the more the game seemed to be a World at War revamp. Obviously there are expected similarities due to Treyarch making these games, but, having disliked WaW, this was not a positive for me. I gave it a good go too. Black Ops just seemed to be WaW with a slight graphics improvement and different guns/maps. Also, I'm not sure many people at BFM would have the hardware to run the likes of black ops on their PC - as Halo is a low demand game when it comes to system requirements. I myself fall into this category.

I will not be purchasing Black Ops for the PC, even if BFM gets a server. For me, COD4 was the highpoint of the series, especially when it was popular on Xbox360. Since then, the brand has gone downhill.

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 11:06:43 PM »
Personal opinion:

Bought black ops for the 360. Played the campaign - enjoyed it. Played the multiplayer - did not enjoy it.

The more I played the multiplayer, the more the game seemed to be a World at War revamp. Obviously there are expected similarities due to Treyarch making these games, but, having disliked WaW, this was not a positive for me. I gave it a good go too. Black Ops just seemed to be WaW with a slight graphics improvement and different guns/maps. Also, I'm not sure many people at BFM would have the hardware to run the likes of black ops on their PC - as Halo is a low demand game when it comes to system requirements. I myself fall into this category.

I will not be purchasing Black Ops for the PC, even if BFM gets a server. For me, COD4 was the highpoint of the series, especially when it was popular on Xbox360. Since then, the brand has gone downhill.

A billion times this

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 11:12:38 PM »
Personal opinion:

A billion times this

Black Ops for 360... OKishy... Black Ops for PC... Sucks

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 08:13:54 AM »
i say stay with Cod4, I love Blackops and all but it doesn't have much change from Cod4 other then weapons and maps.

well there are some but not good enough to change
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Print