Print 

Author Topic: halo/halo ce  (Read 5445 times)

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
halo/halo ce
« on: October 26, 2012, 07:41:33 AM »
okay, first off I wanna say I've played in your CE server a bunch of times when they last brought it back and it was pretty awesome, I played with Fenix and others too, had lots of fun with some very weird and long maps lol.

anyways, is there, or will there be ever a possibility that you can open either the same or a different halo ce server??

because, as of right now all I have in my computer is halo ce. I had the fv of halo, some of you have raced with me and won't let me lie.
thing is my disc got scratched somehow and when my computer got a virus i had to erase everything -.- and when i tried to reinstall the fv, it stopped always around 30% and wouldn't go, said it was corrupted or something and error of some sort, and i tried everything to get it to work and nothing.

anyways, I know this might seem like a bit of a longshot, but do any of you by any chance know where and how i can get the fv by dl?? from a website or any of that.

and if it's not possible, then can you please consider opening a race server in CE as that's all I have atm x.x i know i'm just one guy but i'm sure there can be others with the same problem. i wanted a dl for the full version because i miss racing in your servers, and you're only on the fv as of right now.

anyways if any of you can help me, would much appreciate it. if not thanks anyways.

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
Re: halo/halo ce
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 08:39:38 AM »
I don't believe you can legally download a copy of Halo PC from anywhere.

You can find a copy on Amazon, eBay or in most gaming stores for around $20. Probably your best bet.

Example: $17.99 from Amazon.

As for the CE server, I don't think demand is high enough for one at the moment but you never know!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:43:00 AM by BFM_SWiFT »

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 09:05:56 AM »
man, but i miss the ce server lol, lots of awesome maps and it was mainly bfm people made it a great racing environment.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 09:22:49 AM »

For the super low price of $9.90 per month, you -- yes, you! -- can have a CE server of your very own. Invite your friends! Make new friends! You'll be the most popular gamer on the block! Act now and you can have your server activated by Saturday. *

https://artofwarcentral.com/game-servers/order.aspx?server=Halo-servers

* Halo CE players available for a limited time only.

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 08:01:19 PM »
well that does sound rather intriguing and inviting, Jane, especially with the rabbit pointing towards it as if promoting it -.-

maybe when I have some cash to spare.

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 02:25:44 AM »
Or you can just contact Microsoft and get them to send you a replacement disk :)

http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php?topic=54078.0

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 10:25:49 PM »
ooo that sounds better :) thanks Crimson

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
Or you can just contact Microsoft and get them to send you a replacement disk :)

http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php?topic=54078.0

'Beat me to it, Crimson....

::)

P.S. Be sure to get the updates for both Halo and Halo CE, too....  (v1.9)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Escorpion

• Junior Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »
i got now :) thanks guys

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 06:42:02 AM »

A note just FTR:

You can get a copy of "Halo Combat Evolved" from anywhere you like*: It's the CD KEY that you're paying for, and that is the "property" that you purchase when you purchase Halo Combat Evolved.

* Having now said that, I want to point out that the greater majority (like 2/3rds!) of "downloadable copies" of Halo Combat Evolved are laden with trojans and other viruses, so I strongly suggest against downloading any executable software, inlcuding - and especially - Halo Combat Evolved....

P.S. And as an aside: Almost every software you buy that is "warranted" only warrants the physical media that contains the software, and does NOT warrant the software itself!    :doh:    Go figure!    ::)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print