Print 

Author Topic: ASK HERE: ALL Ventrilo-related Questions  (Read 57581 times)

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
Re: ASK HERE: ALL Ventrilo-related Questions
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 08:55:42 AM »
Oh, I thought pheonetic was your status/comment that shows up at the right of your name, but my brother showed me how to set the comment.  So what exactly is pheonetic suppose to be then?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 09:18:32 AM »
When you join the server, it says what ever you phonetic is".....has connected" Same with you moving in and out of a channel. You can change it by clicking the -> by your username, and below your username are some boxes, blank by default, one says phonetic ________[Play] Whatever you put in the space will come up with when you join/leave server/channels.
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 09:21:28 AM »
Oh, ok, thanks.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 12:09:01 PM »
I can't phantom the radio channel for some reason. Also, the rank stuff disappeared when I re-downloaded vent for my new computer. Any idea how to fix these things? I'm on a mac, btw.
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline OrbitAddict

• Posts Too Much
  • `¤_«тнιѕ,ιѕ,иот,а,Ðяιʟʟ»_¤´
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2008, 02:45:49 PM »
I got a question about vent the other day. [I decided to put it in here in case the question ever occurs!]

Q: Can you change how loud or soft someone talks on ventrilo?

A: Yes! How? Right click on the person of which you'd like to change. Go to Misc. and then click on special effects. Under the available column, click on volume and hit add. When you hit add, a box should come up and allow you to change the volume of the selected person. If a box doesn't come up, and you have already added volume, simply double click on volume.

Offline Floyd

• Senior Poster
  • I Pitty the Foo who can't dance
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 08:55:47 AM »
What is the current "Correct version of Ventrilo"? there is no longer a beta version available for download on the vent. website, and I am getting that funny static noise when some people talk (like the last time I had the wrong version of vent).
There's someone in my head but it's not me  ~Floyd

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »
What is the current "Correct version of Ventrilo"? there is no longer a beta version available for download on the vent. website, and I am getting that funny static noise when some people talk (like the last time I had the wrong version of vent).

Version 3.0.0
~Former BFM Sergeant ~

Offline §§}Compdude

• Posts Too Much
  • Runs With Scissors!
    • Xtremission
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »
I'm wondering if there's a way to bind channels to a hotkey so I can move around without having to A) ask an officer to move me or B) Alt-Tab out of Halo and move myself. I'd just need it for pretty much the Race Room and the KOS room.
License and registration, sir!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2008, 06:43:57 PM »
Yup there is, Compdude. Underneath the Username/Details sections at the top of the window, you can open up the "BINDINGS" tab.

You'll have to play around with them though as I only know how to make text-to-speech bindings.

Also FYI, bindings are disabled in MANY of the channels on BFM vent because of misuse/abuse of them is possible...The Racing Room is one of them.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline §§}Compdude

• Posts Too Much
  • Runs With Scissors!
    • Xtremission
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2008, 06:36:23 AM »
Aw too bad. I understand how they could be abused though. I can see some people flipping back and forth between channels quickly resulting in a never-ending stream of Microsoft Sam.
License and registration, sir!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2008, 11:57:15 AM »

Yep.

But FYI: You can do pretty-much anything with the binding mechanism available in Ventrilo! (Most of which can lead to annoying abuses!  ::) )

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline RUSTY0

• Junior Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2008, 06:17:01 AM »

For no reason I can find all the sudden Theres tons of feedback whenever I talk on vent. Normally I just use the mic and listen with the huge speakers I've got hooked up. I hate headphones on my ears but I tryed them and that didnt change a thing. Ben, Taco and Taipan tryed to help but we cant figure it out. I didnt change any settings and I dont think Johnny did either. The only thing I cant think of is maybe something he downloaded jiggered something, but I cant find it. Any Ideas? :bang:

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 07:59:54 AM »
I would say mute your line in, but I'd figure Taipan would have suggested that already.
~Former BFM Sergeant ~

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2008, 12:58:22 PM »

Didn't happen to have just installed Skype or the likes, did you?

Internet "phone" SW is well-known to mess up Ventrilo, sometime to the point of being downright incompatible!  (Although the new 3.x version of Ventrilo now allows for settings manipulation to be done to allow them to "play" together fairly well now, but you have to do SOMETHING to your Ventrilo settings, that's for sure!

If you DID install something new like that, I suggest that you go to the Ventrilo website and see what you can find about it....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline OrbitAddict

• Posts Too Much
  • `¤_«тнιѕ,ιѕ,иот,а,Ðяιʟʟ»_¤´
vent
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2008, 01:28:14 PM »
Ok, I got on vent, and decided I wanted to move my vent to the other side of the screen. Well, instead of just moving it to the side of the screen, I took it completely off of the screen. Is there anyway to get it back to where I can see it without uninstalling and re-installing?

Solution: I plugged my laptop into our flat screen tv, which allowed me to actually see the extended desktop. I don't know how I got vent over there in the first place, lol.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:50:24 PM by BFM_Orbit »

Print