Print 

Author Topic: Weapons Tips  (Read 3669 times)

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Weapons Tips
« on: December 31, 2009, 06:33:32 PM »
Ok, so another thing I don't know that much about, but hopefully will get a discussion going.

One thing I've learned is to pay more attention to the attributes of the weapons.   For example I use a P90 a lot, and you can see that it has a short range and low damage.  So I don't use that weapon on a big map where I might have to fire longer distances.  And to make up for lack of damage, I either add Double Tap to fire even faster, or more likely Stopping Power to increase the damage.  

So when you choose your weapons you may want to be switching depending on if it's a small, close-quarters map or a big map.

The above 4 weapons seem to be the ones most used on our server, looking at the stats, apart from the sniper rifles.

Adding a silencer will decrease the range (and maybe accuracy).  Using an ACOG scope will increase the range and accuracy.

If you are accurate, the AK-47 is a good weapon I think.  If you are not accurate like me, and shoot from the hip a lot, then a P90 or AK-74u is more accurate and fires at a faster rate, so you can "spray".   And I guess you can add juggernaut to buy yourself some time, or stopping power to do more damage with the shots that do hit the target.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:06:24 PM by BFM_Kiwi »

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: Weapons Tips
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »
One tip I got from somewhere was that if you were not good using a sniper, then the M16A4 is a good alternative.  It has a long range with an ACOG scope, and if you add Stopping Power and Deep Impact you can shoot through walls and I think get 1 shot kills.  It fires a 3 round burst anyway I think.  I find it much easier to use than a sniper.   This is what the attributes look like with the ACOG scope added.

What are your favorite weapons and why? And what perks do you use with them?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 07:06:33 PM by BFM_Kiwi »

Offline BFM_SWiFT

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
The AK47 is probably the best gun in my opinion. Its good at close and medium range. The iron sight is very easy to use. Add stopping power to the already high damage of the AK and you've got yourself an extremely powerful gun.

EDIT: Wow I never realised the 74-u had such strong damage. Gonna have to use it methinks. :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 08:20:56 PM by BFM_SWiFT »

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 02:58:28 AM »
I just LOVE the M4 Carbine.. It's easily my Favorite Weapon that ive used.

At the advice of others, I tried the AK47 and the AK47-u, and both are great guns.. but for me, someone who doesnt really shoot from the hip, but isn't super-accurate, the M4-Carb is the best thing. It has a long range, quick firerate, and good accuracy. While its damage is quite low. I've found that it fires fast enough and accurate enough that it makes up for it. (I just had to get used to shooting a much LONGER amount of time then I think i should. Usually, the last bullet before I stop is the killing one. :P

Also, I find that the Grenade Launcher, while some may say its "Noobish", is a GREAT resource to have at your disposal.
Say for example, you shoot someone, and you know they are hurt, but are hiding around a corner. Just pull out your grenade launcher, and fire at the floor just beyond the corner.. and BAM, either their even more hurt, or (most often) dead! :)

It's also useful against someone you know is way more accurate then you are, yet you know exactly where they are.. Just poke around the corner, fire, and run and hide. Often times it will kill them.  You just mainly have to be sure to be far enough away. And only SWAP to it, dont run around with it out. When you do that, you run the risk of running into someone, and not having a way to fight back (or one shot)

Anyway. thats what I do :)
A part of the winning teams for season 9, 10, 13, 17, 18 and now 19. Thanks for all of the great memories guys :D

Offline Danger

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »
Good tip, but there is a reason the 'noobtube' is banned on 90% of the servers out there.  ::)

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 04:17:47 AM »
Sure is danger and there is a reason we decided we would allow it.

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 12:39:39 AM »
The AK47 is probably the best gun in my opinion. Its good at close and medium range. The iron sight is very easy to use. Add stopping power to the already high damage of the AK and you've got yourself an extremely powerful gun.

EDIT: Wow I never realised the 74-u had such strong damage. Gonna have to use it methinks. :D

AK74u is deadly, but make sure you get close enough!

Much to many people's dismay I do carry a tube around with my AK47. Either that or I run with Bandolier. In S&D I often use it to take out campers around corners or through doorways. On soft core you do need to be quite accurate with your shot to ensure you kill your opponent, but I find it a handy subsititute for my extra latency in the BFM server.

Ok ok I'm noob. lol :P

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Còól

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is uncertain, Death is not
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 12:41:01 PM »
The main thing you need to think about is these weapons work better for some then others. They were very detailed in how the guns react when you shoot them. The m4 carbine is a solid weapon. It doesnt kick much so it is very accurate. The ak47 is the strongest weapons but you have to be careful because of the kick. It is better to shoot in bursts with the AK, with the M4 you can shoot long bursts vs short bursts. The AK-74u is the same way very strong but kicks badly. The MP5 is another good one. If you turn stopping power on it is an accurate weapon with more range than most sub machineguns. The important thing is to find what works for you. Everyone plays different, take the suggestions and hints and try to work it in to your play style. Example, Heavy Machine guns. I see people own with them but I cant really use them. My style is more of scoot and shoot. The weight of the machine gun doesnt go well with me. I end up stuck out in the open and dead. If you like to sit back and be more calculating then setting up a class with that weapon with the right perks you can destroy. This is a good thread Kiwi nice job.

BFM_CòóL IS CòóL!!! - Love, MiG

A CòóL ORIGINAL

If life has not scarred you, you have not lived it.

You Have All The Weapons You Need,
Now Fight!!

Ill give you a cookie if you can tell me what that last quote is from!!

Offline BFM_Elvis

• Leader
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 05:36:41 PM »
The best weapon for me being new so far has been the AK47u. I have also turned on whatever perk that allows you more accuracy when shooting from the hip. It has really helped me a lot.

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 06:50:56 PM »
One thing that I do is to add a silencer to kill the flash. It also seems to steady a weapon, but the rounds loose a bit of punch. You can counter that with deep impact, though.

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Print