Print 

Author Topic: made fun of in server, no response from BFM  (Read 4288 times)

Offline olah

• Newbie Poster
made fun of in server, no response from BFM
« on: September 21, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »
Well, sad I have to say my view of BFM has changed tonight.
In server, BFM frankt and MacAir present, I was confused by a comment MacAir made and asked about it.  ANother player called me a girl for it, I said I considered that a rude remark, and when I said I was just asking for clarification, I was told that I wouldn't be able to understand, and that it was my problem for choosing to take offense rather than their problem for saying it.

Now I don't know what world y'all live in, but being called a girl is sexist and being told you are too dumb to understand is offensive and clearly meant as such. 
But the worse part is no response from either of the BFM's present, zip nada zilch the entire rest of that map or into the next on either the offensive comment or the original request for clarification.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
Re: made fun of in server, no response from BFM
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:35:03 PM »
I will look into this for you.  In the mean time...have you even considered the possibility of a misunderstanding on the admin's part or even the admin simply not seeing part of the situation?  Have you sent either of them a message asking them about the situation and what they saw?  For someone who has been around BFM for a couple of years now, to have your view of a whole organization changed over a single incident?  Well that is your choice and I am not going to try to convince you otherwise but I might take some time to consider whether or not that is a bit of an overreaction.  None the less I will review the chat logs of the incident and get back to you...just hang tight.

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline olah

• Newbie Poster
Re: made fun of in server, no response from BFM
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 11:32:23 AM »
I did react out of frustration, but it hasn't strictly been a single incident, rather a tendency I've seen from MacAir.   I didn't mention that portion because it has been a while and I can no longer relate a specific incident - but a number of times in the past I've asked for clarification on something with no response, generally after being accused of doing something wrong.  At a minimum I'd expect a response to ask on the forum if he/she didn't want to answer in game.  It's been to the point that I've avoided playing when MacAir is present, because it gets frustrating.
Also with respect to this incident I can't ever recall a past situation where there was no response to the type of comments being made, so I've had a pretty strong expectation for intervention.
So my change in view of BFM is to stop expecting that consistency.

Print