Print 

Author Topic: Giganotosaurus - Remove it from our server or keep it?  (Read 517 times)

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
Giganotosaurus - Remove it from our server or keep it?
« on: November 20, 2015, 11:28:58 PM »
If you play ark at all im sure you know about the giganto. Its the largest land based predator and near unstoppable in the wild, with over 300 000 HP. When tamed, its HP drops to 75 000, So countering it your own giganto is not viable unless you have a heard of them. While they do only spawn in the north, they are so powerful if you dont have one you can do next to nothing to stop it. We are considering removal of the dinosaur from our server. However we know that some of the players have tamed them already fair and square. Thats why we are running a poll. It will be open for a week for you all to decide on the gigantos fate. This will be advertised at server peak times so everyone has thier chance to have thier say. Please comment as to why or why not you would like to see the giganto stay or go. IF the vote comes down to the giganto going, those who have tamed one will be "Compensated" by myself, so your efforts wont have been for naught. Thank you all for supporting the server  :)

P.S My view is that we should remove it until the wild and tamed versions are nerfed. It is horridly overpowered in my view.

cheers to leo for the link sig

Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered Together. This was no disciplined march - it was a stampede - without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilization, of the
massacre of mankind.

Online BFM_Crimson

• Corporal
    • I'm copying JANE...
Re: Giganotosaurus - Remove it from our server or keep it?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 12:12:54 AM »
They definitely need to be nerfed. Easy for me to say remove it since I've not tamed any :P

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 03:12:39 PM »
I voted for removal. They are way overpowered, especially at this early stage when our server is still starting out.

Offline CNParker

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 08:03:25 PM »
Okay so currently my tribe has some Giga's and i agree they are very overpowered at this early stage of the server. I don't want them to be removed due to the time we spent taming and because they are very strong. However I think the giga's should be put in the server rules to specify the right times to use them. To me the use of a Giga's comes under the Grief tab where if your using it to win a battle that could be easily accomplished without a Giga that would be griefing. Good reasons to keep Giga's in my opinion is, If your the only one on in your tribe and your base is under attack from a tribe with more numbers then the Giga's can put up a formidable defence. So I think they should stay but with some ground rules attached 

Offline BFM_Slim

• General
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 09:18:40 PM »
Interesting Parker, could we use them for defence only ?

Offline barryallen1988

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 11:19:02 PM »
i think keeping the giga is a great idea..  everyone can tame one so i dont see the problem..  make trades for giga eggs even..  there is heaps of ways to still survive in a world with the giga!!!!      :yesyes:

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »
My internet is back, Yay

Poll results are in favor of keeping the giganto. There is a lot of people that dont like it however. Action may be taken in the future, but for now it can stay

Thank you al for your input

cheers to leo for the link sig

Never before in the history of the world had such a mass of human beings moved and suffered Together. This was no disciplined march - it was a stampede - without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilization, of the
massacre of mankind.

Print