Print 

Author Topic: BFM ARK General  (Read 1535 times)

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: BFM ARK General
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »
Is ARK still a thing? I also couldn't find the server. Searched both the name (BFM in Unofficial and Official servers) and the IP listed in this thread. When I try to join using the IP link, it just goes to the home page in game. Am I doing it wrong?

Online BFM_Crimson

• Corporal
    • I'm copying JANE...
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 06:52:47 PM »
With Ark open, click on the IP link, then quickly alt-tab to Steam and join through the server list on that UI while repeatedly hitting scroll lock and page down on your keyboard.

That should do it.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 02:10:51 AM »
I've been reading these threads and with all the posts about feeding dinos berries while someone's away, killing cave dinos to encourage dung beetles to return, and building an arena to watch dino fights, I'm not sure what's real and what they're just joking about about. Or maybe it's all real... :P

But seriously, if no one's playing, I might be able to get a refund from Steam still.

Offline BFM_Slim

• General
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 07:48:13 PM »
:) haha everyone's playing, we just jump on when we can..Its all real based on mods :) connect with supergal, she has admin rights

Offline BFM_supergal

• Corporal
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 04:05:29 AM »
I've been reading these threads and with all the posts about feeding dinos berries while someone's away, killing cave dinos to encourage dung beetles to return, and building an arena to watch dino fights, I'm not sure what's real and what they're just joking about about. Or maybe it's all real... :P

But seriously, if no one's playing, I might be able to get a refund from Steam still.
Haha, actually it's all real! :D If you need any help or are having trouble getting used to the server let me know. Sadly there are a lot of us who get on at different times. If you have any questions or suggestions let us know in this thread.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 10:39:18 AM »
Thanks! I've tried a few times (once just now) and it's saying something about mismatched mods and updating stuff. I didn't know if I have to download something, or push a button somewhere... Crimson couldn't get in either, with the same error.

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 10:25:14 PM »
The mods on the server needed to be updated. I've updated them now, so you should be able to get in. :)

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »
It works!

It levels up very quickly. I've earned the ability to create irrigation systems, but I'm still marveling over my own feces. In game I mean, not... Yeah. I feel like I spend a lot of time emptying my inventory. My literal inventory, that wasn't a poop reference. Although I do enjoy manually defecating. In game.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 08:00:02 AM »
Looks like the server needs another update ;D

Offline BFM_Slim

• General
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 04:03:23 PM »
Jane, if you are going to be active I am happy for you to have server login - Maybe vent..or I will PM

Offline BFM_supergal

• Corporal
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »
We just did another update, it was a big patch this week :D. I am gonna be doing a Goose Chase event soon, and be putting it on steam as well.
   So, instead of a goose, it will be a Giganotosaurus (or an alpha rex if I can get the code right :P) and if/when you hunt it down instead of a mouthful of feathers you will get some sweet prizes. So any ideas to add, or suggestions for the contest or the prizes?
Let me know.

Offline BFM_supergal

• Corporal
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2016, 05:29:40 PM »
Well, for the fourth or fifth time I have tried to help someone find our sever. And it's very hard to find. Unfortunatly, the solution still alludes me. I am not sure why some people have such a hard time finding it, but it's been happening a lot. So, one really big problem with this is that, even if people decide to come play on our server, they will likely give up unless they have someone helping them. Which means all the events and all the promotions in the world will not likely help our ARK population to rise.
   Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix this issue? It would be nice that if people searched for BFM, it would pop up on the server list like it should.

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »
I went searching and also had trouble finding the game. It doesn't show up in the ARK server lobby even when it does appear in the My Survivors section after you've been in the server. It's also not found on Steam's server list for the game. I know it won't show up anywhere if the server needs to be updated, but that's not the issue tonight because I saw people in it and still couldn't find the server in a search.

I thought maybe the server was just ranked too low, but found some ranked lower than ours in both the ARK lobby and the Steam server list. Some googling found a lot of threads from when the game was first made available (June-ish) so probably most of it's not relevant anymore. There were a few posts mentioning the port a server uses, the only one I remember was 7777. I don't know anything about ports, but I saw a few servers using 7777, so it seems to still be valid.

arkservers.net finds the server pretty quickly and shows that there are more than 10,000 active unofficial servers going. The ARK lobby and the Steam list only pull about 5000, so we're definitely not the only ones having the problem. I just don't know how the others managed it... Frustrating!

http://arkservers.net/server/45.121.211.11:23325 is how I got into the server the first time. After that, it showed up in-game under My Survivors and Favorites (once I favorited it). Giving people that link may be the best way to get them in the server at the moment. On the menu screen for ARK, they can open Steam with SHIFT+TAB (by default), then opening the web browser and googling "arkservers bfm", then clicking on the IP.

Offline BFM_supergal

• Corporal
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 01:28:38 AM »
Thanks so much for that Jane! :D I will follow that up and see if it helps. If it does, I'll add the link to our steam thread. Wonderful help, thanks again! :)

Offline BFM_supergal

• Corporal
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2016, 06:58:11 PM »
Hey all. I have sped up the baby maturation a little. If you are raising a baby dino, let me know how the speed is for you. And please keep in mind that different species age at different speeds, so what is fast for a dodo, is mind numbingly slow for a bronto or a rex baby. Anyway, feel free to give me some feed back.

Print