Print 

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 5105 times)

Offline Dr Decoy

• Newbie Poster
Hi
« on: August 07, 2016, 06:32:24 PM »
Hey guys. I hope you all are doing well. You all may not remember me, but I used to play racing with all way back in the day. I can barely remember the year, maybe 2008-2010ish? Who knows. All I know is just I wanted to say hi again and let you ALL know how good of people you guys are.

I was just a kid back then, I made mistakes here and there, but man, I have to tell you all you guys really made an impact on me. I never witnessed people who valued family and cared as much as you guys. I went through a rough patch during that time. BFM was a community I could depend on, and an initial step to my Christianity and dedication to Christ who eventually led me out of it all.

I wanted to mention a couple names here, but when I looked at the roster, I realized I'd be typing a long time. There were so many great people I met with over those years that I had forgotten about. I VERY MUCH miss those times. It almost brings tears thinking about it. I imagine most aren't around much here anymore, but I'm sure if I came back, there will be others as well. You folks are a great bunch. I hope you all take care of yourselves. Thanks again for great memories! :)

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 09:59:35 PM »
Doc! XD Nice of you to drop in.
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline Dr Decoy

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 05:42:30 PM »
Good o' Superman! I never have to worry about you being gone. You're always here! How've been buddy?

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 07:09:07 PM »
I'm semi-here. The world is constantly needing to be saved. In all seriousness though, just been busy at work, raising my son and spending time with my wife. Waiting for her to finish her nursing degree so I can get a serious start on my biomedical engineering plans that I have....

You?
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 01:06:47 PM »
Welcome back, Dr Decoy, nice to hear from you! And hi to SuprMan, of course  ;D

I'm doing well too! Just found out they make chocolate yogurt. Awesome.

Offline Dr Decoy

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 07:08:51 PM »
I'm semi-here. The world is constantly needing to be saved. In all seriousness though, just been busy at work, raising my son and spending time with my wife. Waiting for her to finish her nursing degree so I can get a serious start on my biomedical engineering plans that I have....

You?

Biomedical engineering, sounds rather intense. Good luck on that buddy! If I remember right, your son was just a baby when I last talked to you, he must be getting up there! Yeah, I work at a printing company now. Doing a number of things there. Just taking it easy really right now though at home, trying to settle into my new apartment. Furniture costs a lot...

Welcome back, Dr Decoy, nice to hear from you! And hi to SuprMan, of course  ;D

I'm doing well too! Just found out they make chocolate yogurt. Awesome.

Hi Jane! Always a pleasure to hear from you! Chocolate yogurt? I don't know if I'd care for that too much. That seems like a rather odd combination. But whatever floats your boat, Jane! You've always been the eccentric one, behind Mxy of course, haha.  :P

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 12:02:52 PM »
My son is already 8! It's ridiculous..... Not sure if I'll really be able to get all of the schooling down for the Biomedical engineering but... it is a dream so I'll give it a go. As far as printing goes, newspaper, magazine, or custom design kind of stuff?

And yes, furniture does cost quite a bit. It's not too bad if you can get it financed at 0% for x number of years. (Paying off a $1,000 sectional over two years = out to about $42 a month if you can get 0% interest for that term). If you're okay with getting some used stuff yard sales are always a good place to look though for wooden furniture. I would suggest to stay away from cloth furniture at yard sales, never know what kind of bugs you might be bringing home (that's not to say that you can't find a perfectly good couch, I just err on the side of caution and would suggest getting it treated and then cleaned if you went that route, which of course adds to the cost and could potentially mess with the color/fabric hence my preference for wood).

Hey Janie. = ) As far as yogurt goes, I'm rather partial to Strawberry or some Strawberry variant/combo and Cheesecake. = )

Offline Dr Decoy

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 05:46:56 PM »
Wow, he's already 8? I would have though like 4. I'm sure you'll get it, you're still a young guy so you've got time. We print for different companies, mainly tool companies like Snap-On, Bosch, Dewalt, Dremel. We'll print the folding cartons or clamshell inserts.

Yeah, you're right about the cloth stuff, especially from yard sales or thrift stores. I bought a couch new, that certainly put a dent in my wallet, but BOY is it nice to stretch out and watch a little TV instead of sitting in an old stiff chair.

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 08:21:19 PM »
Ah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm in the purchasing arm of the company I work for and we use those all the time. Used to 3-4 week lead times on those types of items... Not as bad as the 14 week lead times on some other components though.... some plastic caps can be ridiculous....

I kept trying to avoid getting the sectional but my wife finally talked me into going into the store... I'm still not exactly thrilled about the payments every month but man.... it sure is a lot comfier than the cheapo futon we were using before. Usually when people think futon they think of the thick padded ones right? Not this one... it had springs and a thin layer of cushion. Needless to say we actively avoided sitting on it when possible.

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »
Such traffic here!  Be careful, you'll wake the ghosts and rattle the cobwebs lol.

Nice to see you all chatting here :)

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 05:49:41 PM »
I ain't 'fraid of no ghost! Plus... I know just the guys to call.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 12:45:08 AM »
Almost 8?!!!  Whaaaaat?  That's crazy! 

I just looked, and yup, I registered back in 2008!  That's the dark ages, almost before the iPhone!

Wowie.

Cyber hugs to all

Offline Wic

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2016, 05:46:51 PM »
Kiwi!! :)

I think we all registered in 2008, that's when the website moved here from the old site lol.

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 01:01:20 PM »
Oh yeah, that's right.  Getting old and forgetful!

<3

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 07:06:09 PM »
Shogun must be in college by now! I remember all the young guns.... and being one of them before that....