Print 

Author Topic: Victus and His Monster  (Read 3757 times)

Offline HAM

• Junior Poster
Victus and His Monster
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:27:25 AM »
This was an idea I had based on how Victus always says he has created a monster. Using the story of Frankenstein to parody I created what I believe is a good anology of what goes on in Victus's mind as he and I play such games as Civilization. Though he may be cool as ice and as calm as that moment before a storm on the outside, I always feel that in his mind he is much like Dr. Frankenstein as he plans his moves.

Victus and His Monster

From a top of a high hill sits a castle old and withered with age, yet inside there is the light and noise of life. 
   “More power! I need more power! HAM I need more power, I must have more power!” shouted Dr. Victus.
   “These converters will not be able to take such punishment from these strikes, I fear the next will fry all of the machinery!” I shrieked back as the maddening doctor continues to pull leavers and flip switches.
   “Fool, this equipment was worth my family’s fortune and I’ll not be tricked into believing that it cannot handle a few extra sparks!” shouted Dr. Victus as he rushed from the platform to the opposite side of the room towards the dangling systems of chains and pulleys. He grasped his hands around one to the two parallel chains that hung closest to the floor. The Doctor pulled down on the chain over and over in rhythmic tugs. The steel table in the center of the room, suspended by chains, began to raise with each pull the doctor made. Upon reaching a meter below the ceiling the Doctor pulled upon another chain that hung slightly higher and to the left of where the Doctor stood. With one swift pull the doors in the ceiling flew open and crashed down on the outside of the castle's clay shingles. The loud clang of the metal doors and the crackling of the singles underneath them made a harsh interruption to the melody of gushing wind and pouring rain that I could hear as it invaded the tower's interior.  “Yes, it will last, it has to last. I will not let all my work be wasted by the whims of Mother Nature’s moods. I who have harnessed her power for my own gain, I do not bow to your power for I know how to tame you strength.” Dr. Victus whispered in the ear of a man who did not exist. As he struggled to get the pulley to lock into place, I began to struggle with the that faith i so blindly put in the good doctor.
   “Doctor how much longer must we withstand this nightmare?” I inquired at the top of my voice.
   “Oh my dear dear assistant, you have much to learn, this is no nightmare. This is a fantasy come to life, a dream full of such wonder you would be a fool not to bask in the glory of what will soon be the greatest thing in all of science! We are making history, history that no other man would have the courage nor the talent to achieve. Our names will be legend my dear assistant, just you wait," The doctor boldly spoke, "just you wait."
   “Well my dear doctor, call me a fool, but I wish not my history to be based on legend and dreams. Instead will you be so kind as to show me fact of your vision.” I scoffed.
   “Ha! You wish for fact, simply look around, the fact that we are here in this moment should be proof enough of the success that is soon to be.” laughed the Doctor. “Now on my mark I want you to throw the first switch.” A crack of thunder rang in the stormy night as another bolt of pure life from the sky hit the lightning rod. “Now, throw the first switch” Howled the Doctor from across the room. I quickly threw my arm on the handle as I pushed down upon it. It crackled as it fell into place and I could have sworn I felt the power rush to the table that was now raised above our heads. “Now the second.” cried the Doctor. I reached my arm down to the second, and just as the first it locked into the place as sparks flew off the connectors. Another crack of thunder and finally the doctor yelling at the top of his voice like a crazed beast, “The third one, pull the third one, now!” I quickly gripped the handle and pulled down with all my might. The switch locked into place and even more sparks flew from the connectors and suddenly the whole panel began to react to the power running through it. Sparks began to fly as the glass gauges broke and bulbs burst. The Doctor now going into a mad frenzy of howls and hollers, “Yes, yes, live my creation, live for me, live for science, live for the world!” he had gone mad, mad with power he had not yet possessed. What a horrid thing the doctor had made, if only his madness could let him reflect upon what I could see.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:00:04 AM by BFM_HAM »

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Gandhi

"I wasted time, and now doth time waste me." -Shakespeare

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Victus and His Monster
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:46:03 AM »

And thus Dr Victus restored power to the TV so they could finish watching the ALF marathon.

Offline BFM_Enigma

• General
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 02:53:57 PM »
WARNING: Ham be careful of plagerism.        :LOL:

Your part in playing Dr. Victus' assistant sounds much like the part of Scotty in Star Trek -

"but Captain the Dilithium crystals can't take it" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!l

Of course if you don't use a Scotish accent you might be ok legally, I don't know.     :mike:

And I think JANE is right. I can totally imagine you and Victus watching an Alf Marathon.   :yesyes:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:12:06 PM by BFM_Enigma »

Offline HAM

• Junior Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
Oh laughing out loud at the both of you  :LOL:

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -Gandhi

"I wasted time, and now doth time waste me." -Shakespeare

Print