Print 

Author Topic: TUTORIAL: Downloading and Installing/using Ventrilo  (Read 6198 times)

Offline JuiceBox!

• Senior Poster
  • The personal text I wanted to put here was too lon
TUTORIAL: Downloading and Installing/using Ventrilo
« on: July 18, 2007, 06:50:13 AM »
Well, since most people need a little guidance I decided to make a little tutorial on downloading Ventrilo, and setting it up.

First of all, if you are looking to download Ventrilo, you want to click HERE (Ventrilo). That link should've taken you to the download section of the Ventrilo website. Next we need to decide which version we want to download...
If you are a MAC user, you want to click on the download button I checked.

If you are a PC user, you want to click on the download button that I checked here.

Now that you have clicked on the download button, you should wait for it to download. Once it is done downloading, click on the Ventrilo download icon, to install it.

Now I will lead you through the installation process. It should now say "Welcome to the Ventrilo client installation wizard" now click NEXT. It should now show the software license agreement. Click on the "I accept license agreement" button. Now click NEXT. It should now be on the User Information page. Fill in your name if you want, or just keep it the same. Then select if you want to download it for anyone who uses the computer, or just your account. Feel free to choose whichever one. Now press NEXT. It will now show you the destination folder, but to keep it simple. Just press NEXT. It will now tell you to press BACK if you want to change the installation information. You SHOULD press NEXT. It will now start installing Ventrilo. After it is done installing it will automatically take you to the Finished page. Now click the FINISH button and you're ready to roll!

To set up Ventrilo to connect to the BFM server, you should do the following: Open up Ventrilo and click on the ->(arrow) after the blank server box. It will open up a Connection Editor box. Click on NEW. Fill in that blank box with "BegForMercy" or whatever you want, just make sure it has something to do with BFM in it so you know that it's the BFM server. Now fill in the "Hostname or IP" box with this number "65.254.51.210" Now fill in the "Port Number" box with this number "4795" But remember, to ever get on the BFM Ventrilo server, you need their password. Once/if you get the password you enter it in the "Password" box. The "Default Channel" box is optional. If you want to enter a certain channel right away, enter that channels name in that box. Once you 've done all that, press OK. You need a USER NAME now! So click on the ->(arrow) after the USER NAME box. Click NEW. Enter your name on Halo that you race with. Now press OK. Now for the "Phonetic" box, enter your name, or a clever little sentence with your name in it. (EX. mine goes "EveryOne's Favorite JuiceBox.") So when I enter a channel, it goes... "EveryOne's Favorite JuiceBox has joined the channel." Once you've done those things, press OK. You can ignore the BINDINGS box for now. In order to use your MIC on Ventrilo now, you need to press the SETUP button. It should be on the VOICE tab for you already. Make sure you have checked the box for "Use Push To Talk Hotkey".  You can now click the "TEST" button to try out your mic. If you find yourself hard to hear, or other people are telling you, that you're hard to hear, turn the "Outbound" slider, up. Once you have all of that set up, you can now press OK.

TERRIFIC! You have everything ready! Press the connect button and enjoy Ventrilo!!!

Thank you for reading this Tutorial!

For further information, feel free to PM me or ask somebody Ventrilo literate. (such as mr. mxy :P)

-Juicey

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 04:27:15 PM by BFM_Fuzion »

Offline Kikn

• Junior Poster
  • My Halo 3 spartan
    • Future Hope To Many
Re: Downloading and Installing/using Ventrilo (A how-to)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 12:07:27 PM »
Nice job JuiceBox

Offline The Rebel™

• Posts Too Much
  • Rebel the Ragin Cajun
Re: Downloading and Installing/using Ventrilo (A how-to)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »
Good job Juice. Stickied.
Currently traveling through the unknown times in my life. I will be back when i find myself.

Thanks for the sig BFM_H@ngm@n

Print