Print 

Author Topic: Music from iPod to iTunes.  (Read 19949 times)

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
Music from iPod to iTunes.
« on: October 12, 2007, 10:06:09 AM »
You know it happens, you lose everything on your computer, all that precious music! gone! :'(
or is it?!!!!  :o

I just found a way to get the hidden music files off of an ipod and get them into a blank itunes!

Ok step one= Connect you iPod full of music into your pc.
If your itunes opens and says something like, sync ipod to this itunes...etc.. leave it alone dont click anything. (come back to this later)
Ok so now to the music> Start>>My computer>>Click on your iPod= you should see 4 folders, like calender and some other stuff but no music?!
Gasp!
Click Tools > folder options > 'click the "view" tab'>> then scroll down and check the box that says 'show hidden files and folders'
For some reason iPod's don't let you see this, probably hoping you'll go back to itunes and buy it all again....
Ok, so now you'll have acess to a folder called iPod_control Click it, then go to music then you'll have some folder names FF0 FF1 etc....Open them and there's your music, now simply copy paste into a new folder and load that folder onto itunes. Your music is saved now you can re-sync your iPod

I know im a genius  d_b Enjoy!

PS. For some reason if you cancel and close the iTunes and that message about syncing it doesn't show up in my computer (for me at least)
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline BFM_NavyJHk

• Colonel
Re: Music from iPod to iTunes.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 11:51:30 AM »
OMG hawt!  I'm saving this... thanks Igor  :yesyes: :yesyes:
Thank you Kàkà§hì!

Offline §§}Compdude

• Posts Too Much
  • Runs With Scissors!
    • Xtremission
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 03:40:52 PM »
You know it happens, you lose everything on your computer, all that precious music! gone! :'(
or is it?!!!!  :o

I just found a way to get the hidden music files off of an ipod and get them into a blank itunes!

Ok step one= Connect you iPod full of music into your pc.
If your itunes opens and says something like, sync ipod to this itunes...etc.. leave it alone dont click anything. (come back to this later)
Ok so now to the music> Start>>My computer>>Click on your iPod= you should see 4 folders, like calender and some other stuff but no music?!
Gasp!
Click Tools > folder options > 'click the "view" tab'>> then scroll down and check the box that says 'show hidden files and folders'
For some reason iPod's don't let you see this, probably hoping you'll go back to itunes and buy it all again....
Ok, so now you'll have acess to a folder called iPod_control Click it, then go to music then you'll have some folder names FF0 FF1 etc....Open them and there's your music, now simply copy paste into a new folder and load that folder onto itunes. Your music is saved now you can re-sync your iPod

I know im a genius  d_b Enjoy!

PS. For some reason if you cancel and close the iTunes and that message about syncing it doesn't show up in my computer (for me at least)

I think I just went colorblind.... :ninja:

Oh and btw, if you go this route, Itunes will MOST LIKELY not be able to get your track info back. If they are MP3's then you can run them though WMP to get new names, but still, it's a pain sometimes. I know Itunes will just reload all the QEUF and QOUR and FFNG files just as they are back into the Ipod, makes it really difficult to find your music again LOL!
License and registration, sir!

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 01:09:21 AM »
Only a select few tunes get the names mucked up, the artists will still be the same, and this can be easily changed. If you get the songs from itunes store this wont change but obv some people use other sources =]
~Former BFM Sergeant ~

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 08:37:11 AM »
if you have the songs on your iPod then all you have to do is connect it to the comp. and it automatically transfers it.
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline Fralalala

• Regular Poster
  • This One Time I Was BFM_British...
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 08:47:09 AM »
if you have the songs on your iPod then all you have to do is connect it to the comp. and it automatically transfers it.

Yeah but i'm guessing this means you could use your iPod on someones elses computer who doesnt have all your music...

Offline Enigma

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 09:30:09 PM »
OMGGGGGG soooooo goooood, thanks soo much BFM_Igor   your a life saver. My friend lost her music, and im really goood with macs. but not pcs and she has a pc. so she asked if i could help her get her music back. and i had no idea how. but now after reading this, i hope i can help her, and hope it works. haha thanks man.!

Zim: Come, GIR. Let us rain some doom down upon the heads of our doomed enemies.
Gir: I'm gonna sing the Doom Song now.
Gir: [singing] Doom doom doom...

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 01:37:31 AM »
OMGGGGGG soooooo goooood, thanks soo much BFM_Igor   your a life saver. My friend lost her music, and im really goood with macs. but not pcs and she has a pc. so she asked if i could help her get her music back. and i had no idea how. but now after reading this, i hope i can help her, and hope it works. haha thanks man.!

I could very well be Enigma's friend... That happened to me!  I was afraid to plug my iPod into the computer because I thought it would clear out the iPod. I'm still kinda hesitant but I feel more daring with this new info. Thanks so much Igor!

Offline Wízzßång

• Senior Poster
  • There's no place like ~/
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 11:56:40 PM »
FYI, for Mac users, there is a program called Senuti that will look at the files on your iPod, as well as look at the iTunes database on the iPod, and show you all the names of the songs, artist, etc.  Then you just click on the file you want, and click on Copy, and it saves it to your computer. 

Sorry, it only works for Macintosh.  :)

Offline Daigoro

• Posts Too Much
  • shishogan...swordsman's eyes
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 11:33:20 PM »
Most people don't get all their music from the iTunes Music Store, but just so you know, if the music in question was bought on the iTunes Music Store, iTunes will ask you if you want to move it from the iPod to iTunes.
Sincerely,
Daigoro

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2007, 02:50:52 AM »
That's true. Anything you buy off iTunes, you'll have the option to transfer it to the computer without any sneakiness at all. I got my iPod games and videos transferred just by pressing OK. And out of 2300 songs, only one (count 'em, one!) song title was messed up. I was more than happy to edit it. ;D

Again Igor is a life...er, iPod saver!

Offline ThE BrIcK

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 06:11:39 AM »

Yeah but i'm guessing this means you could use your iPod on someones elses computer who doesnt have all your music...

Yes
BFM History
Application - 9/23/06
Little Tags - 2/17/07
Big Tags - 4/3/07
Corporal - 3/9/08
Sergeant - 8/15/08
Lieutenant - 9/27/08
Captain - 7/4/09
Resignation - 5/20/10

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 04:58:12 PM »
PFF. Hasn't anyone here ever heard of ********:cop:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:04:58 PM by BFM_Hydra »

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 09:04:46 PM »
PFF. Hasn't anyone here ever heard of ********:cop:

Yes, but lately several ******** users downloading music have been the targets of some HUGE fines levied by the RIAA - and charged with crimes as well....

Note: ******** is ESPECIALLY bad legality-wise in that it auto-shares out what you download (ala bittorrent.) Hence not only can they charge you with Copyright violations, but they sock you with CONSPIRACY and DISTRIBUTION as well.  One recent case a Bay Area woman who downloaded 22 songs illegally is facing $220,000(US) in fines and possible jail time (for the conspiracy charges.)  :o

Do not download illegal copies!

« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:06:35 PM by BFM_Hydra »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 11:05:22 AM »
+ a lot of people attach viruses to the top music tracks, knowing you'll infect your pc with it. =]
~Former BFM Sergeant ~

Print