Print 

Author Topic: YoYo Rast Island  (Read 21184 times)

Offline ((Kākā§hė))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
YoYo Rast Island
« on: December 16, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »
Very challenging in the driving department. The lap nav is a really satisfying when you get the hang of it. After a while I was hitting the laps around 135 and it was VERY fun to drive. I set up a server for team race to see how it would be with more people and I didn't get many bites...kicked a few and unfortunately banned one person. I'm still interesting in seeing how it might be with racers focusing on racing. I set the vehicle spawn time as short as possible...once you lose your hog over an edge chances are you are not going to fetch it...anwho -   2c

P.S. Spawns are a little weird, but once you learn the path it's not any worse than some maps

« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:48:17 PM by BFM_Kākā§hė »

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline The Rebel™

• Posts Too Much
  • Rebel the Ragin Cajun
Re: YoYo Rast Island
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 03:15:02 AM »
Makes a great map for snipers no shields. Play free for all is the most fun I think. Gives you that ability to make your armor blend to your hiding spot. There are SOOOO many hiding spots that this map is absolutely awesome for it. Plus you get to learn how to sneak around undetected while trying to get back to your perch after you die :P
Currently traveling through the unknown times in my life. I will be back when i find myself.

Thanks for the sig BFM_H@ngm@n

Offline ((Kākā§hė))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 10:11:37 PM »
YoYo Rast V2 beta - Looks like the jump to the top of the garage to turn around to score may be easier...

Nevermind...unfinished - no navs...no hogs....no fun...( y am I always the last to know?)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 11:37:43 PM by BFM_Kākā§hė »

Offline AR~UnitŧZero

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 07:49:38 PM »
Very challenging in the driving department. The lap nav is a really satisfying when you get the hang of it. After a while I was hitting the laps around 135 and it was VERY fun to drive. I set up a server for team race to see how it would be with more people and I didn't get many bites...kicked a few and unfortunately banned one person. I'm still interesting in seeing how it might be with racers focusing on racing. I set the vehicle spawn time as short as possible...once you lose your hog over an edge chances are you are not going to fetch it...anwho -   2c

P.S. Spawns are a little weird, but once you learn the path it's not any worse than some maps

Totally agreed. I love racing on yoyorast island.

Offline BFM_SirTaco

• BFM Admin
  • Bother!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 09:22:10 PM »
the only problem is when you die you have to start over from the begining there are no shortcuts to get back to your nav

Offline Bleach

• Senior Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 11:23:15 PM »
actually there is, if you go at half speed and spin as MUCH AS POSSIBLE off of the left side of the garage on the inside, you can land near the 5 or 6th nav or whatever and its a shortcut to the rest of the map :P
A part of the winning teams for season 9, 10, 13, 17, 18 and now 19. Thanks for all of the great memories guys :D

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 01:44:22 AM »
I think it looks cool, though I've never palyed it. I've heard from people it's annoying. But I think there should be some challenges in race. Maybe make it only 10 laps per team instead of 15 if it takes too long.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline ((Kākā§hė))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 10:06:12 PM »
Yea..it is challenging. Thats why I like to try it. Look...it can't be any worse than Devil's Drop...sigh. I give up  :'(

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 11:38:23 PM »
I tried it out (the one and only CE map I've ever experimented on) and thought it was fun once I started getting used to it. The worst part is that I had to start back at the beginning of the map if I fell off and died or something. It didn't seem like there were any shortcuts (like in Infinity--a big map--you can cross over at the intersection if you died on the other side); if you died, you had to follow the nav path to get back to next nav.

But it's a cool map!

Offline AR~UnitŧZero

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 11:11:07 PM »
It's one of those maps where it might be more fun with slightly fewer people so there is less contact and people dont have to constantly start over because they were killed. I will tell you though, this map is incredibly fun to drive, and it saddens me that people never seem to race on it.  :'(

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 09:39:40 PM »
This map, I agree, is a great map to race on, but the respawns take you far away from a vehicle.  So I say, that if this map would make it to the CE racing server, then I would suggest a modder should change the respawns or place vehicles at the respawns.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 01:10:12 AM »
It's OK Kakashi and Unit. We're here for yah.  :hug:

If you want it in real bad send a PM to Hazy and Batman and they may consider it but I'm not a CE guru =/

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Blast Tyrant

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2008, 10:44:57 PM »
1 vote here to see Yo Yo Rast on the CE server

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 01:36:42 AM »
You can only fit 6 hogs in the garage though.
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline =TH= Batman

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 02:25:38 AM »
nope will not be on the server

Print