Print 

Author Topic: How to recognise a Real/Fake BFM Server.  (Read 26663 times)

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
Re: How to recognise a Real/Fake BFM Server.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 05:43:25 PM »
Isn't the KOS server back up?
I can't remember...

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 11:34:39 PM »
The old #7 is now KOS, List is updated.
~Former BFM Sergeant ~
~ Arrived 20/08/2007 - 23/11/2009 Departed... ~

Offline Jimmy

• Posts Too Much
  • I've never cooked prawns on the Barbie
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2008, 05:28:26 AM »
sry ive been buzy ill be updating/checking all IP's this weekend
History of Jimmy
Applied 16th Feb 2007
Recruited 28th April 2007
Big Tags 8th Jun 2007
Corporal March 25th 2008
Head Corporal July 8th 2008
Sargeant Aug 17th 2008
Lieutenant Nov 11th 2008

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 01:38:51 AM »
Updated, Server 1. 4 & 6 have now changed IP's
~Former BFM Sergeant ~

Offline Chevizzer

• Newbie Poster
  • Formerly Chevalier
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 12:40:29 PM »
I suppose this is the board to post this...
This may be a moot point soon, but I noticed a new BFM #8 server up last night. When I asked some clan members about this today, some said it is a fake server and some said it was legitimate. I did notice that BFM_Jam was in the #8 last night, and it makes me curious. (If this server is a fake server and someone is possibly impersonating a BFM member, I just thought BFM should know.) Thanks.   :siren: :chief: :siren:
“I’ll tell you who your enemy is gentlemen: apathy, passivity, indifference. And yes, uh, also those red guys.” -- Captain Butch Flowers from RvB

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.
--Former U.S. President Abraham Lincoln

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 09:39:23 PM »
This is a REAL server. The IPs of the servers have been changing much lately and once we stop moving them around we will update the list here. Thanks for asking, Chev. :)

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline CivilHero

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 09:06:30 AM »
I noticed there's a BFMracing.net #6 server. Which isn't the (UK) one.

Had people saying it was a fake.

There was an admin BFM_'Medic. A guy told him to kick me, instead of a warning, he bans me. There was constant swearing on the server but Medic did not spam the Profanity rule.

I noticed the map rotation was different from the real BFM servers. It went Danger canyon, Gerphobia (Whatever that map is called) and then went to Infinity.

Let me know if that's a fake.  :)

Offline Igor

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 09:13:57 AM »
I noticed there's a BFMracing.net #6 server. Which isn't the (UK) one.

Had people saying it was a fake.

There was an admin BFM_'Medic. A guy told him to kick me, instead of a warning, he bans me. There was constant swearing on the server but Medic did not spam the Profanity rule.

I noticed the map rotation was different from the real BFM servers. It went Danger canyon, Gerphobia (Whatever that map is called) and then went to Infinity.

Let me know if that's a fake.  :)
Yup. It isn't ours.
~Former BFM Sergeant ~

Offline Vincitore

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2008, 03:29:40 PM »
When you click on the server in GameSpy lobby, along the bottom, the scrolling list of server information, It will have before the setup information "TeamRaceReg" for our racing servers. This is also something to note before entering.

I saw the fake BFM server up today and it now Also says TeamRaceReg.
As well the fake server changes a lot, I have seen it go from number 6 to 3 and currently it says it is number 1.

So please have a good look before you enter a server as it will only keep the fake server up longer if people go in it.

Offline OFCuda

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 05:29:04 PM »
How do you recognize a fake/real BFM'er
BFM_Dstoyr called me an ******* for killing him(legally) then banned me for doing it again.  I was in as I believe as snot gunner in #3

[**PLEASE do NOT use foul language in the forums. I know you are just repeating what the impostor said, but please avoid repeating that sort of language on the forums in future. Thanks ~ Hlao.**]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 05:35:29 PM by BFM_Hlao »

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »
Well, you could start by first making sure you're in a real BFM server. Once you've gotten that squared away, you can safely bet on the fact that NO BFM will EVER act in such a crude manner. That is not our style. We are a family-oriented clan and those actions simply are not tolerated whatsoever.

Offline OFCuda

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 08:23:30 PM »
then how did I get banned?  BFM_Dstryr is the one that said that he would ban me, he is the one that said threatened me with banning and the only BFM in the #3 server.  I didnt do anything wrong.  You may need to take a look at your members.  He did say what i said he said.  He knows it and i know it.  With that all being said, I would like to be unbanned from server #3.  Thank you.

Offline BFM_Booyah

• General
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 08:25:12 PM »
Cuda before you stick you foot even further in your mouth, or go for the doubly tempting trick of fitting both feet in you mouth, please read my response to you in this thread:

http://www.bfmracing.net/forums/index.php/topic,18882.0.html

"Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance." - General George S. Patton Jr.

Offline ToMaHaWk

• Regular Poster
  • Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 07:34:41 AM »
then how did I get banned?  BFM_Dstryr is the one that said that he would ban me, he is the one that said threatened me with banning and the only BFM in the #3 server.  I didnt do anything wrong.  You may need to take a look at your members.  He did say what i said he said.  He knows it and i know it.  With that all being said, I would like to be unbanned from server #3.  Thank you.

I guess you entirely missed the whole point of this thread. Had it ever occurred to you that in a fake server, there might actually be fake/impostor BFMs?

Offline Goalie

• Posts Too Much
  • Congrats Jordan Lynch, 3rd place in Heisman!!!
    • York Set/Tech Crew
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »

I guess you entirely missed the whole point of this thread. Had it ever occurred to you that in a fake server, there might actually be fake/impostor BFMs?

That's usually the case.  People generally set up servers with another clan's name not because they want to be like that clan, but because they want to give that clan a bad name.  Anybody can host a server, it's the admins that enforce the rules that determine whether it is a good server or a bad server.
So naturally, if someone wants to give the BFM clan a bad reputation, they would set up their own server (with the BFM name) where they can kick and ban at their pleasure.  And so that we know who kicked/banned us (and to have a better chance at ruining our name), they put on our clan tags on and usually imposter our admins and call it our own.
You blame me?  Remember it had to get past 10 other players before I saw the ball.

Thanks to Spidey for this sig!                                                                                                                  .

Print