Print 

Author Topic: In the Footsteps: Life in the Military.  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
In the Footsteps: Life in the Military.
« on: July 30, 2008, 02:05:51 AM »
Mostly made up/ based off of a different RPG game - some sections may look incomplete because further detail into the specific topic is deemed classified and is not fit for view by a non-member.

Chapter 1: Starting Day

The day was hotter than it should be for summer and large cracks appeared in the cooled lava surface of Titan. Falling deep down into darkness and the glow of molten magma showed. Sulfur was everywhere in the air... making it reek like rotten eggs, filling the nostrils of several hundred soldiers. Desereck filled out an application with anticipation, beads of sweat rolled off his head and stung his eyes. "Blast this heat and the smell!" He muttered and thought, I will be calling this place home...better get used to it.

Desereck is your average shape-shifter. A variety of forms tucked away although he chose to go human more often than normal. Usualy you would see him as an anthropomorphic creature such as a wolf, dragon, or a bobcat. He was tall and slender, well built with muscle, white hair showed amazing glow and complimenting his blue eyes. Not old, not young...mid 20's in human years and getting younger by the decade. Desereck's MP5-Navy sat on his back...a reliable companion should he ever face the AN or other militaries out to kill him.

The reply for the application came swift. Desereck started to pack his things for the School sessions of the military...using the "I think I can, I know I can, I will, and I must." method to keep him steady all through the day.
He failed the first section...swiftly reading over the handbook another 15 times, gathering information he needed for the test. Success. Section 1 went by as the toughest...then the rest was a downhill slide.

The rank of E-1 and then E-2 showed proudly on his chest armor, he had completed the School section of the military, being deemed acceptable for active enrollment. He had joined the Air division, learning to fly the graceful ships but something was holding him back. Desereck was furious, he could not control the ships unless at a high altitude. They jerked and went out of control, leaving Desereck bewildered as even if he did not touch the control stick, he swung side to side as if the plane had a  mind of its own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                    Page Seems to be Ripped here.                                                                         
 vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

**Will be continued later. Tough writing a story at 3AM. Enjoy this teaser so far.**
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 02:09:45 AM by m4n7ic0r3 »

Thank you Miserabilis!                                       Thanks a bunch Slayton!

Print