Print 

Author Topic: Epic laggs!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 6625 times)

Offline dr who

• Newbie Poster
Epic laggs!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 14, 2009, 06:52:35 PM »
lag is your friend. it helps when u get shot with a rocket and warp (doesnt always happen)(or does it....) and do front flips till ur nav(on danger canyon). wish i got a screeny of it  :sad:

anywho whats ur EPIC LAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~DW
-Matt R.
The doc. Former PÕQ~Doctor

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
Re: Epic laggs!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 02:21:37 AM »
I use wireless internet and so about once a minute (IOW once a lap) I get the "disconnect box" and my hog warps forward.  It seems to happen in the same spot every time, unless I die, then it changes to a different spot.

I lag off the edge of Gephyrophobia all the time and going up the ramps in Sidewinder. I warp into walls, rocks, trees, and teammates a lot. It feels like I always lag when going around a turn in Death Island, then I have to swerve back (or turn around) for the nav. If only it would happen on the straight parts of the map!

I warp past navs all the time, have to turn around and go back for them. If I warp through the lap nav, My gunner and I will get the lap point (you can hear the score tone, you can see it on the score board) but the nav stays there and I still have to go back for it.

If driving is hard, gunning is nearly impossible. I (honestly!) do all right as a gunner with Real Internet, but I can't hit anything with the rockets with the wireless. I have to shoot the chain for a few seconds until I can find the laggy sweet spot and actually hit people.

Every once in a while, the lag actually saves me. People in my hog think it's funny when we warp off the jump in Infinity for the third time in a row. It just drives me crazy. :P

I'm glad to get that off my chest!

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 05:22:51 AM »
Sure does for you JANE :P Especially in that Aussie server!! :P

Offline BFM_Nemesis

• BFM Admin
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 03:08:54 AM »
Sure does for you JANE :P Especially in that Aussie server!! :P

she doesn't need the aussie server! :D

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 06:28:55 AM »
Hey, Jane,  I figured out a way to fix it.

Get a cable connection.

;)

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Oblique

• Regular Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 06:50:51 AM »
My epic lag happened a week or so ago. I was in one of the BFM servers, and my ping was roughly 250-300 so may have been the aussie server. There were 4 players on each team, and i was gunning a rocket hog on sidewinder. The lag was so sever, when i was firing behind, i was actually seeing my rockets, come over my shoulder. Then, on third nav, one of the bfm admins (forget who soz) was in the lead hog, by 10-15 foot in front, i fired some rockets towards second nav, and unbelievably i team rocketed the hog in front, even tho i was looking in the opposite direction!!. Needless to say they were not impressed, and i apologized immediately, but that was one weird lag that day. :embarrassing:

The other one that comes to mind, i was on infinity, one of the db guys was lagging really bad, i discharged a rocket just before one of the bends in disgust, as i could not hit him for any price. He came around the corner 3 seconds later, and was killed by my ghost rocket ::)

Sp@rt101

Offline ¥Mderms¥

• Posts Too Much
  • Muffins
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 04:03:10 AM »
I use wireless internet and so about once a minute (IOW once a lap) I get the "disconnect box" and my hog warps forward.  It seems to happen in the same spot every time, unless I die, then it changes to a different spot.

I lag off the edge of Gephyrophobia all the time and going up the ramps in Sidewinder. I warp into walls, rocks, trees, and teammates a lot. It feels like I always lag when going around a turn in Death Island, then I have to swerve back (or turn around) for the nav. If only it would happen on the straight parts of the map!

I warp past navs all the time, have to turn around and go back for them. If I warp through the lap nav, My gunner and I will get the lap point (you can hear the score tone, you can see it on the score board) but the nav stays there and I still have to go back for it.

If driving is hard, gunning is nearly impossible. I (honestly!) do all right as a gunner with Real Internet, but I can't hit anything with the rockets with the wireless. I have to shoot the chain for a few seconds until I can find the laggy sweet spot and actually hit people.

Every once in a while, the lag actually saves me. People in my hog think it's funny when we warp off the jump in Infinity for the third time in a row. It just drives me crazy. :P

I'm glad to get that off my chest!

Now whenver my driver lags past the NAV I automatically press F1 just to see if JANE is in the server ::)

Offline TUR80

• Posts Too Much
  • ME NEEDS MORE TUR80 IN MY HOG
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 07:48:56 PM »
It is all those lagnets

Timeline of TUR80
Late 2009-Got Halo
Played Funhouse (as TUR805L4Y3R)
Played Omegas Oddball(as A Vehicle)
Discovered BFM (Loved It)
23/07/2010-Became PR and changed name to TUR80
26/07/2010-Corperal assigned - LEGO and then Tails
17/09/2010- Got Xfire (thanks Fuzzy for the introduction)
19/09/2010- Vent Access Given (thanks Zakk)
30/12/2010- Got Little Tags(thanks Xplode and Slim)
Trainers assigned Xplode(1st) and Terra(2nd)
23/02/2011- dStruct assigned Trainer(1st)
1/4/2011 - resigned
20/4/2011 - 1000 posts
5/1/2013 - Re- Applied
16/3/2013 - Vent Access Again (Thanks Enigma)
   Famous Quotes
Don't get mad, get even
If at first you dont sucseed, destroy all evidence that you tried
It is official, I am a spammer :)

Print