Print 

Author Topic: Minecraft.  (Read 101158 times)

Offline BFM_Rčįpėr

• BFM Admin
  • BFM_Weapa owns you!
Minecraft.
« on: October 19, 2010, 09:42:09 PM »
This game is one HUGE sandbox. you can try it.. kindof... but you don't get any. lets say. fun stuff out of it. unless you buy it. it's only in ALPHA form. but it's 50% off ($10 USA).. it's fun to just play for free online. I did buy it and it's awsome. it's a browser game unless you buy it.

http://minecraft.net/

i play on the Freebuild For Fun [Big Map] server. if you want to join me sometime
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:26:54 PM by BFM_Rčįpėr »

Got halo: 01/04/2006
Accessed forums: 02/12/2006
Vent: 03/05/2006
Little Tags: 06/24/2006
Big Tags: 10/05/2006
Left BFM: 03/12/2008
ReRecruitment: I think around 09/06/2009
Vent: 10/14/2009
ReRecruited for little tags: 01/05/2010
ReBig tags: 05/09/2010

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
Re: Minecraft.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 09:41:48 AM »
:love: this game!!!!!
I must buuuuuuyyyy!

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 06:33:41 PM »
you do know you can get this game free correct?
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 11:04:27 PM »
I played it for the first ti the other game. It was cool I admit but I didn't like it too much. What's the difference between the free version and he Alpha version?

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 07:25:29 AM »

My son (MoNsTeR) has been playing it for quite a while.  He's built a HUGE, sprawling mansion (you use mine carts to get around in it!) and forest, and ....

Somehow his forest accidentally caught fire this past weekend tho! (I think it's STILL BURNING, too!  :o )

He walked for DAYS to get away from everything else, so he can't even see a neighbor....

Me, I don't have the time/patience for that kind of stuff any more, so y'all have fun in there, k?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:47:15 PM by MrMxyzptlk »
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 02:49:03 PM »
The difference berween the free and alpha, is one, alpha costs money...
But in alpha you can do so much more stuff then just build. You can craft, mine for ores, chop down trees... even fight monsters!

If you want this game PM me
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline BFM_Rčįpėr

• BFM Admin
  • BFM_Weapa owns you!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 10:48:47 PM »
I must admit it's my favorite game of all time XD.  you have to get the WoM client so you can fly around.  just search "WoM client" then download that. and WoM stands for World of Minecraft. on the server i play (stated in first post) you can build and save your creations with a Bot that will help you build by giving it commands in chat like so

.sphere2 rainbow solid

. = the number/letter/symbole it looks for from the spicific user name you have if you do not use the . it wont do anything but you can change the . to ANY other letter/word/number/symbole you would like

sphere = the command you want it to do like cuboid which makes a square 2d or 3d depending on the placement with my bot i can do sphere2 as well then i place a center point then the size i want it at or the radious, the sphere command is more diffacult. you can make ovals i beleave with the normal sphere command or the 3rd point chooses the axis it's on i can't remember. there is also a dome command a pyramid command a circle command and a cylinder command

there is way more but i am not gona list every one

solid = the command you can place or not, depending on the command it will auto be solid or hollow, cuboid is auto solid the rest is usually hollow hence why i said the solid

that command when placing the points (brown mushrooms) will make a full sphere in 3d for me without me having to hastle with trying to make a circle that looks right

the point of the game... nothing really... just build, build, build... wether it be pixle art, a house, a castle, or just a shape like a pyramid, it's just to build.

UNLESS!!!!! you buy it. then you have access to the full game even when it's finished you still will have access to it. the game is like runescape in a way (without levels/leveling), mixed with dig dug. (because you'll mine deep down and find a cave and sometimes the cave will have monsters in which you're probably gona die) you can dig a giant mine so you can get material to build.. some rocks cannot be mined unless you have a better pickaxe like a wood pickaxe can mine rock ore, but nothing else higher then that, but a rock pickaxe can mine iron ore, then iron mine coal and some other ore. then after you get to a deap point in the map. you'll find obsidian (black rock = the 2nd strongest in game as adimite is strongest but cannot be destroyed because it's the border of the map so you do not fall threw) obsidian can not be destroyed by anything, not even explosions, except for a diamond pickaxe, make your house out of obsidian and the creepers (exploding zombies) will not be able to hurt/kill you or destroy your stuff, i made my own huge castle out of obsidian and at night i live in it with my bow equiped (and if it snowed i'd have snowballs for fun) and if i see any monsters (not the wild animals) i aim and shoot (mostly miss XD) then when day comes they retreat like the cowards they are. then i go mine again.

online alpha is same as what i explained but with more people. (takes forever to get equipment so if you don't like RPG's or similations then you might not like this)

any questions visit their site just search Minecraft forums with google (or bing in my case)

Got halo: 01/04/2006
Accessed forums: 02/12/2006
Vent: 03/05/2006
Little Tags: 06/24/2006
Big Tags: 10/05/2006
Left BFM: 03/12/2008
ReRecruitment: I think around 09/06/2009
Vent: 10/14/2009
ReRecruited for little tags: 01/05/2010
ReBig tags: 05/09/2010

Offline Joel

• Regular Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 10:43:42 PM »
Minecraft=pwnge ;D ;D

BFM_Enoch: "Joel the Jaguar the juggles jets"

Thanks to -Lostmymind-

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 11:55:55 AM »

Well, since Minecraft is now out of Alpha, you HAVE to buy it to get it now.
(However, those who bought it for US$10 during Alpha get free updates forever!  d_b )

I put up the Minecraft java server on my dedicated server machine (in my garage!) and my son and I play around in it together (while also on Vnetrilo!) on our home LAN....

Now that Notch has corrected the performance issues and I get 250+ FPS (Normal + Fancy) in the game it's a lot more fun!

WARNING, kids!: DO NOT PLAY AROUND WITH LAVA!
 :winkgrin:

Offline Shogun

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 12:41:10 AM »
I,ve got the full game and have been playing it for a couple weeks(nonstop) :LOL:

here are some of the features in my house

1. Small farm
2. Cactus so hi it reaches the limit on how high you can build
3. Roller coaster
4. Massive mini fort
5. Secret safe and panic room
6. Infinite waer supply and lava trash can
7. A mine
And last but not least a HUGE pest problem :angry:

Is my sig 2 awesome?
Meh probably not...well watcha gonna do?

Offline Shogun

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »
Some timewe should make a BFM server and go crazy!!!!!! :yesyes:  :toot:   :LOL:

Is my sig 2 awesome?
Meh probably not...well watcha gonna do?

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »
i like this game but i can only find iron, no crystals >.<
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 09:45:41 AM »
If you guys and gals don't have Minecraft Beta yet, I recommend you buy it...definitely worth it!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 11:24:55 AM »

Shogun: In order to keep out the "pests" you need to build WITHOUT ANY DIRT* in areas that you want to be critter-free, and have AT LEAST TWO-BLOCK-HIGH WALLS all around it.  (Basically if there's ANY way for you to get into a "critter-free" area from the outside, they will too....)

Also: you can use a single cactus block (put a sand block on top of a single cactus block) as a less-dangerous trash can, too....

Next you should "automate" the opening and closing of all the access doors to your "lair!"

* Critters spawn only on dirt blocks....

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
don't mob also spawn in dark places
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

Print