Print 

Author Topic: Minecraft.  (Read 100699 times)

Offline Eagle

• Junior Poster
  • Fly high every1
Re: Minecraft.
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 06:13:40 PM »
just got it like 30 minutes ago, and I love it I have been following a ton of let's plays of it on youtube which helped out alot. got my first base and it's going pretty well.

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 06:57:27 PM »
no that link does NOT have multiplayer. multi is for pay. but single is way more fun. people always blow up your stuff in multi
thats why i made my own little server people are free to come in but if they blow anything up i can remove them  :zoid:
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline Eagle

• Junior Poster
  • Fly high every1
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 08:58:10 AM »
lol I spent a good amount of time last night on it :D, I dug a 3x3 mineshaft to bedrock and set up base I know have a underground tree farm that I am hoping I did right but it is a 12X6 room and I am looking to all the wood. expanding the mine in search of diamond.

Offline Eagle

• Junior Poster
  • Fly high every1
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 01:15:23 PM »
thats why i made my own little server people are free to come in but if they blow anything up i can remove them  :zoid:

Yoda how do you create a server on minecraft want to set one up for a friend :D

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2011, 01:37:02 PM »
lol I spent a good amount of time last night on it :D, I dug a 3x3 mineshaft to bedrock and set up base I know have a underground tree farm that I am hoping I did right but it is a 12X6 room and I am looking to all the wood. expanding the mine in search of diamond.

1) 'Better have some LIGHT for those trees down thr, or they won't grow!

2) That's how I made my mushroom farms.... (But you don't need to go down to Bedrock for that!...  ::) )

[...]

Yoda how do you create a server on minecraft want to set one up for a friend :D

Download the Multiplayer beta server software and install it!  (I installed it on my "server" machine in my garage....  We play it on our LAN together!)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Eagle

• Junior Poster
  • Fly high every1
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2011, 02:36:37 PM »
thanks for the info MrMxyzptlk, all my areas are well lit, and I made a tree farm down there so that I didn't have to go to the surface while I mine. for more wood for sticks. :D

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
  • Established thread killer
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »
Yoda what is your server IP? i wanna join up

Oh and down to the bed rock is probally not the best idea. unless your on peaceful, TONS of monster spawners are down there.

Oh and make an obsidian farm to make portals to the nether!
Be warned though, when you come out of the portal, youll be in a different place then you built it. If its close by thats fine, but if like me its miles away and you get lost. just make a new base near the portal and hope for the best  ::)
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/NewTooru/
Discord: Tooru#1375
Battle Net: Tooru#11787

Offline Eagle

• Junior Poster
  • Fly high every1
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »
leader, all my areas are lit and I know about monster spawners but it's my intention to find at least a skeleton on so I can trap it and get tons of arrows for free :D, just built a water elevator so I can get up to my top base quickly, and I need some more diamond before I can get obsidian :D

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »
Well for one, the srrows the skeleton shoots cannot be picked up. youd have to kill it to even have a chance for arrows.

And all your areas are lit.. that wont matter down THAT far. the furhter down you go, the more light resistant mobs become. that deep down, light dosent effect them at all

Offline Eagle

• Junior Poster
  • Fly high every1
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2011, 06:37:53 PM »
Well for one, the srrows the skeleton shoots cannot be picked up. youd have to kill it to even have a chance for arrows.

And all your areas are lit.. that wont matter down THAT far. the furhter down you go, the more light resistant mobs become. that deep down, light dosent effect them at all

seen tons of vids about drowning skeletons and getting there arrows that way, and I has been down there 4 hours and haven't seen a monster spawn in my area at all O.O I might be lucky.

Offline OBOLeader

• Regular Poster
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2011, 09:56:58 AM »
Depends on how far you fenture out of your mine area. Mobs can only spawn 24 blocks away up to a max of 152 blocks away. you may of not gotten close enought to a spwaner to see em. But just in case, always have a sword

EDIT: If you EVER hear a weird or spooky sound, it means an area of pure darkness is near..(monster spawner)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:05:21 PM by (ØßØ)¶éàÐé® »

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2011, 07:17:18 PM »
is there a way to pay in USD because my parents credit card only pays in USD and doesn't make foriegn purchases..   PM Me if you can help me out, thanks
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

Offline Eagle

• Junior Poster
  • Fly high every1
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2011, 08:12:44 PM »
is there a way to pay in USD because my parents credit card only pays in USD and doesn't make foriegn purchases..   PM Me if you can help me out, thanks

only other way I know is with paypal Yoda D:

Offline BFM_SirTaco

• BFM Admin
  • Bother!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
i play on a private server with a bunch of my friends SMP with hmod or bokkit or whatever it is now.  im a mob there =D

Offline Archer

• Posts Too Much
  • Rock Trollin'
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2011, 10:51:55 AM »
Minecraft!!   OH....EM.....GEE!!!

It sucks up time like a sponge soaks up water!

BTW, it currently costs ~US$21 since it went into Beta.  You can pay via debit or credit card and it will automagically convert the Euros to other currencies.

Regards,
Archer
Regards,
Archer

Thanks to Track King for the sig!!

Thanks to BFM_Skedog for the trophy!

Print