Print 

Author Topic: The Walking Dead Game  (Read 2582 times)

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
The Walking Dead Game
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:49:34 PM »
So who else has played this awesome game? Don't spoil anything unless you put the spoiler tag, because this game has a lot of spoilers.

What are some of the choices you guys made, and what did you think of the characters?

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
Re: The Walking Dead Game
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 04:34:40 AM »
Was really good for storytelling, just dont expect much for gameplay. I bought it in a steam halloween sale and got hooked. Played through episode 1-4 in one sitting. Just a heads up that your choices dont matter in the end, you always end the same way, which is kind of disappointing. I would recommend it to anyone but there is a fair bit of bad language.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:40:29 AM »
Good game. Nothing like my usual pref (FPS) but I did enjoy the story lines, puzzles and decision making.

If you've got a £20 bob note spare in your bank, you're a post apocalyptic zombie fan, into puzzle solving and roleplaying/decision making then its worth the purchase. Its kind of like an interactive animated movie.

Spoilers to follow :

DECISIONS I MADE

EPISODE 1 CHOICES
Honesty:
Lie To Hershel? ---------------------------- I was honest, but not too honest.

Who would you save?:
Duck Or Shawn? -------------------------  I saved Duck.

Loyalty:
Side with Kenny? ------------------------- I sided with Kenny, not Larry.

Mercy:
Give Irene the gun? ---------------------- I refused her the gun.

Who would you save? :
Doug or Carley? -------------------------- I chose to save the girl with the gun over the guy with the polar bear top.

EPISODE 2 CHOICES

Saviour:
Chopped David's leg off? ---------------- Hehehe, yeah i did.

Interrogation:
Shot Jolene? ------------------------------ Nah, the other guy did.

Pragmatism:
Helped kill Larry? ------------------------- Noone needs help with dropping a cinder block on a guys face. Nice...

Revenge:
Killed both of the st.John brothers? ----- No, leaving them to the army of undead seemed better punishment.

Survival:
Stole food from the car? ----------------- No.

EP 3 C

Sweet, merciful death:
Did you shoot the girl in the street? ---- By the screaming, i wasn't convinced she was female. Let him die slow.

Left Behind:
Did you abandon Lilly? ------------------ Well yeah! She shot me potential girlfriend in the face!

Standoff:
Did you fight Kenny? -------------------- Yeah, he was starting to lose it, needed knocking some sense back into.

A heavy burden:
Did you shoot duck? --------------------- I chose to shoot Duck so Kenny (father) didn't have to.

A helping hand:
Did you help Omid? ---------------------- I helped Omid into the train.

EP4C

The boy in the attic:
Did you kill the boy in the attic? -------- I let Kenny have this one, i killed his infected son for him.

Hippocratic oath:
Did you lie to or threaten Vernon? ----- Can't remember!

Home Alone:
Did you bring Clementine with you to Crawford? --- Yeah, we were a team.

For whom the bell Tolls:
Did you let Ben fall to his death? --------------------- I almost did... I pulled him to safety with a sigh.

The bite reveal:
Did you reveal your bike to the group? -------------- Yes.

EP5C

Desperation:
Removed Lee's arm? ---------------------------------- I removed it like a boss.

Fall Out:
Lost temper? ------------------------------------------- I threw that ornament at him at the speed of mach 3. And missed.

Disarmed:
Gave up weapons? ------------------------------------- I kept my weapons

Stranger
Killed Clementine's Captor? --------------------------- mmmyep. The weirdo kept his wife's head in a bag man!

Goodbye
Stopped Lee from turning?----------------------------- Can't remember!

Offline RadZakpak

• Posts Too Much
  • Passive but NOT aggresive
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 02:51:19 PM »
I actually like there being one ending. I like how your choices affect how people look at you, how they develop, who you connect with, and Lee's personality, and it all leads up to one big end to it all. I never really saw the point in multiple endings, especially in an episodic franchise like the walking dead.

*SPOILERS*

As a side note, I'll like to talk about Ben. At first I saw him as a burden, and I was mad at him up until the point he was hanging over the edge. Then I realized something, I'm just like him. All he wants to do is help. All he wants to do is keep everyone alive but he constantly messes up and is constantly shut down when he tries to input. I suddenly felt so much sympathy for him. And I was SO glad Ben stood up for himself when Kenny yelled at him back at the house. I'd have to say, Ben and Kenny's deaths hurt me deep.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:56:05 PM by RadZakpak »

Print