Print 

Author Topic: <inappropriate name> in server #5  (Read 4819 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
<inappropriate name> in server #5
« on: May 18, 2013, 12:41:27 AM »

Joined #5 around 11:??pm PDT (like 20 mins after Admin left server) and was in for about an hour, maybe two.

Several players remarked that his name was inappropriate....

Nothing remarkable about his game play one way or another that I heard about.

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Enigma

• General
Re: <inappropriate name> in server #5
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 10:19:36 AM »
Name is without a doubt not appropriate for our servers. I am sure any of our admins will ask him to change it if he returns.

From what you say, and what I see in the chat logs he caused no trouble. He was killed - A LOT. Leads me to believe he wandered into a race server from the slayer/ctf darkside.

I don't think the name is instant ban worthy, so will not take any action at this point. Let's give him/her a chance to change it after we explain our policy.

Thanks for the heads up

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: <inappropriate name> in server #5
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 05:24:25 PM »

Thanks Enigma.

He died a lot because he basically ran around maps on foot shooting and trying to nade passing hogs. (And getting run over frequently in the process!  :LOL:)

I wasn't sure about how that name would go with an Admin there, and preferred to err on the side of caution.

Interestingly, from the mostly-seasoned racers in the server it was one of them that brought up the concern about the name before I even noticed.

'Says good things about the majority of those who race in BFM servers, methinks.  :Way Cool:

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print