Print 

Author Topic: =Where Can i Get My Own Aussie Halo Server=  (Read 895 times)

Offline JO3K

• Newbie Poster
=Where Can i Get My Own Aussie Halo Server=
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »
I don't know whether this is on topic or not =/. But its tech and support. BFM has an aussie server and i've always wanted an aussie server of my own. I have googled where to purchase one but i have got 0 results. If anyone knows where i can get my hands on one it would be greatly Appreciated. Xfire: ST34L7H

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
Re: =Where Can i Get My Own Aussie Halo Server=
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 10:35:14 PM »
Many online game server providers will also allow you to choose a game that they don't have on their regular list. So if they only offer the newer games, drop them an E-Mail and ask if they can host Halo as well :).

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Taipan™

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 07:04:24 PM »
Many online game server providers will also allow you to choose a game that they don't have on their regular list. So if they only offer the newer games, drop them an E-Mail and ask if they can host Halo as well :).

They do??. Not in my experience and I have asked EVERYWHERE :P. They all complain that Halo is to CPU intensive or Memory intensive blah blah blah.

I have 2 x 16 slot servers and 2 x 12 slot servers ATM (plus an 80 slot ventrilo server, which currently Mexicans seem to only use lol), however all are inactive because I am currently clanless :). They aren't cheap though. A 16 slot server will cost you around $45-50 per month.

Alternatively you can host your own server from your own interest. First by forwarding the ports on your router for Halo (http://portforward.com/). Then you can create a dedicated server (you can download it from the Microsoft site). It is a little confusing how to do it at first, but a little online reading to solve all your problem.

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 10:08:44 AM »

BE SURE to READ THIS before you go off hosting your own server on any ISPs "standard" Internet connection.

(FYI: They - Comcast - "caught" me and throttled my number of connections, which effectively kills multi-connection stuff like torrents and ... hosting services, like games.  ::)  Note this has no effect on a "normal" user, who browses the 'Net and streams stuff from 'Net servers....  Clever buggers.)
Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Print