Print 

Author Topic: Age Of Empires 2  (Read 4224 times)

Offline InhaledScarr

• Junior Poster
Age Of Empires 2
« on: April 11, 2009, 05:22:45 PM »
anyone play, and also anyone know how to play online?

made By BFM_Benjy

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Age Of Empires 2
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 05:44:26 PM »

A1) Not in AGES!  (Kids and I LOVED it tho!  When we said the game's name Wifey said "Age of Vampires?!?!"  :siderofl:  Say both out loud!  ;D )

A2) No.  'Never knew that you could!?

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 01:24:19 AM »
I used to play AOE2 online on Zone.com. Pretty sure that is long dead though.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline =Rival=

• Regular Poster
  • Cymru am Byth! :)
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 02:09:46 AM »
Yes! One of my all-time favourite games! Don't play it as often as I used to, but it's still fun! :)

Since Zone.com ended, there are a few programs/sites that enable you to set up games with others.

The one that I use is GameSpy Arcade (the free version).

It's quick and easy to use. Although you can set up game rooms within the client, most people just advertise their IP in the chat lobby there so others can join the games quickly, without any fuss.

PM me if you need any help, or if you fancy a game ;D

Offline InhaledScarr

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 01:52:09 PM »
ok well, after searching the web for stuff to play AoE2 online, i could somthing that is kinda neat.

it is this thing called hamachi, what you do is download it, and when you go to multiplayer, you co to tcp/IP and type in the players IP and join their game.. IF they have one running, but, you need to be on their hamachi server, if anyone would like to play i will gladly create a server, and we can play together.

PM me or post in here.

made By BFM_Benjy

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »

WARNING:  The greater majority of Hamachi downloads are bugged with viruses!

BE SURE TO VIRUS SCAN THEM BEFORE INSTALLING/RUNNING THEM!

Offline InhaledScarr

• Junior Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 01:26:11 PM »

listen to MXY he is the Computer God, Of The WORLD!!!!!

i uninstalled then tested this, and it is good, but make sure you virus scan.

made By BFM_Benjy

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 11:21:06 PM »

listen to MXY he is the Computer God, Of The WORLD!!!!!

i uninstalled then tested this, and it is good, but make sure you virus scan.

Well I know because just last week my son did NOT!  :doh:

...And he spent a few hours getting rid of the few nasties that made their way onto his computer as a result!  (And HE KNOWS BETTER!  :embarrassing: )

Offline Nemi

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 01:57:36 AM »
I use version 1.0.1.5 of Hamachi when playing Warcraft 3 with my friends, and it works great :D

(my friends said that was the only version that worked without paying for it)

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 03:23:45 PM »
I use version 1.0.1.5 of Hamachi when playing Warcraft 3 with my friends, and it works great :D

(my friends said that was the only version that worked without paying for it)

You don't need to use Hamachi to play Warcraft 3 o.0

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline Liam

• Senior Poster
  • BOXISM!......... Resistance Is Futile!
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 08:07:21 PM »
I don't have AoE2 but I have AoE3 and AoE3: Warchiefs and it is very fun, a great RTS. I've never played it online though.

May 13, 09-Got Halo
Later May, 09- Stumbled onto BFM server, loved it
June 24. 09-Joined Forums
August 9th, 09-Applied to be PR
Sept. 22, 09-Earned Vent Access
Nov. 12, 09-Earned Lil Tags!
Mar. 26, 10-Earned Big Tags!
Jan. 3, 11-Stepped Down from BFM
© LiamFilm™

Offline BFM_Fénix

• BFM Admin
  • I shall be reborn from the ashes
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2009, 07:22:12 PM »
I have played all the 3 of AoE and loved the second one (maybe because when i played AoE3, it run very slow in my comp...) great series of games, only equal (i think) with EE series
2000th member of the BFM forums.
According to Hlao, and Hlao's word is law.

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 06:19:34 PM »
AOE2 > EE Anything ;)

AOE1 > EE Anything 0.o

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline TUR80

• Posts Too Much
  • ME NEEDS MORE TUR80 IN MY HOG
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 03:41:22 PM »

A1) Not in AGES!  (Kids and I LOVED it tho!  When we said the game's name Wifey said "Age of Vampires?!?!"  :siderofl:  Say both out loud!  ;D )

A2) No.  'Never knew that you could!?

i new someone at our school who called it vampires

Timeline of TUR80
Late 2009-Got Halo
Played Funhouse (as TUR805L4Y3R)
Played Omegas Oddball(as A Vehicle)
Discovered BFM (Loved It)
23/07/2010-Became PR and changed name to TUR80
26/07/2010-Corperal assigned - LEGO and then Tails
17/09/2010- Got Xfire (thanks Fuzzy for the introduction)
19/09/2010- Vent Access Given (thanks Zakk)
30/12/2010- Got Little Tags(thanks Xplode and Slim)
Trainers assigned Xplode(1st) and Terra(2nd)
23/02/2011- dStruct assigned Trainer(1st)
1/4/2011 - resigned
20/4/2011 - 1000 posts
5/1/2013 - Re- Applied
16/3/2013 - Vent Access Again (Thanks Enigma)
   Famous Quotes
Don't get mad, get even
If at first you dont sucseed, destroy all evidence that you tried
It is official, I am a spammer :)

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 12:53:23 PM »
one of my favorite games i have the first one gold edition and i want to get the 2 3rd ones
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Print