Print 

Author Topic: HALO 3 THREAD  (Read 10814 times)

Offline Boot

• Newbie Poster
Re: HALO 3 THREAD
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2007, 09:12:56 PM »
It was the Halo 3 Beta on XBox 360.

I thought we had it for a couple of months, but I've since been corrected  -- the trial lasted 30 days.

I'm in the software biz, so the rule around here is "legal all the way".

We now have 2 versions, one with a helmet (for the dog? or perhaps a really small person?), one without. Imperion (my oldest boy) got through the game in about 6 steady hours the day he bought it. He's now working through it on Legendary, but the going is a lot tougher. He thinks the H3 storyline is the best so far, and cooperative campaign is a slick feature.

Boot.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:15:49 PM by Boot »

Offline ro@dkill

• Newbie Poster
  • Be careful or be roadkill
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 08:17:41 AM »
Hey all,  I beat the game on normal now about to beat it on heroic..then I will tackle legendary.  Great game ..but dont like the flashback stuff.  Im told there are different endings on the different levels. We shall see.  Hope you all are doing well, see you on the road..

Offline easykil

• Regular Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 11:00:41 AM »
The question still outstanding is: Is there race?

I don't see race as a game type. Under Custom types maybe a game can be set up. Mr. Mxy seems to think there is.

I have looked briefly at this and don't know what the settings might be. I will continue the search....

However Burnout revenge is awesome! Driving a hog after playing Burnout makes for a slow motion gaming.

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 01:42:11 PM »
I was looking at the 'Bungie Favorites' and there is a Race game type listed, but it seems like a variation of VIP.

Offline easykil

• Regular Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 09:20:55 AM »
Well from what I can pick up from the boards it appears that you can set up VIP to be a form of race (or run like crazy to stay alive). Not sure how to set nav points. It appears that teams (2-8) could support 2-16 players. An interesting twist.

More vehicles!!!

Hopefully Kickn and any others that are interested will join us in testing forge and race.

The learning curve begins!

By the way forge is the new map editing tool and it appears to be reasonably easy to use. Sharing maps, I'm not clear how this will work.

If you have an xbox 360 add me as a friend BFMeasykil
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 09:41:58 AM by BFM_easykil »

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 01:14:26 PM »
And in Forge when you go to edit stuff, you become a Monitor..... thankfully no annoying humming.

Added you to my list, BTW, need to get 4 people together so we can go through story mode on Legendary.

BTW, imagine being on the receiving end of the German invasion of France.... both times. That's Legendary.

Offline Snappy

• Senior Poster
  • you got to lose yourself in the music the moments
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »
jeez, ill hope fully have it bye chirtmas :P lol

Snappy

Offline Boot

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 06:25:45 PM »
Hey Roadkill,

Hey all,  I beat the game on normal now about to beat it on heroic..then I will tackle legendary.  Great game ..but dont like the flashback stuff.  Im told there are different endings on the different levels. We shall see.  Hope you all are doing well, see you on the road..

Last night my son (Imperion) beat H3 on Legendary. The final trailer is a bit different -- wait 'till its completely finished.

Good racing,

Boot

Offline Cr@zy

• Senior Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2007, 08:09:48 PM »
Halo 3 is lots of fun. i have nothing more to add

Thanks H@ngm@n Soooo much for the Awesome sig!

Offline ro@dkill

• Newbie Poster
  • Be careful or be roadkill
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 08:04:59 AM »
I beat it on heroic, same ending. Ive got to get my son to help me on legendary. I dont know how many times I ran out of ammo fighting on heroic. I had to melee my way to finish.  I actually melee(d?) a hunter.

Offline A41~Gunnin

• Junior Poster
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 01:35:23 AM »
I saw threads on other forums that suggest that it will be out on PC soon.  Anyone know more about it?  Also heard that PC users will be able to play xbox users, true?

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 09:09:42 AM »
Probably won't be out for another 3 years, with Halo's 1 & 2 PC version being good examples. As for being compatible with live users, probably not also. As I've seen Live will remain seperate from PC networks, partially because of the technology, but also because of network security.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 09:52:28 AM »
Ive only done it on Easy so far, just to wizz through and get the story mostly but even then it was intense, especially the last stretch with the hog (WOW! they really elaborated from the first game there eh! lol). The game is truly amazing! But I still want it on PC...

So, Normal next, or Coop Legendary. Oh, btw how do you do it? lol. Can u only start coop with friends or is there someway to just join in one? Zis noob aint figured it out yet. Im getting lost in all the new names for things on the menu screens.
 :hrmbig:

Offline -JR-Pongo

• Newbie Poster
  • woof.
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 10:32:36 AM »
There is no race gametype, per se, but you can set up a version of VIP with checkpoints.  In Forge, you edit the VIP game type and add the check points.  It's not quite the same, though.  You can't do laps, only a single series of checkpoints.  Forge limits you to how many checkpoints you can place (and it's pretty small, like 8 for Sandtrap).  Forge also has a lot of goofy limits on equipment and weapons that make creating something to your vision quite difficult.

The biggest problem, though, is that each map will be a custom game that you have to organize with your friends... there are no server lists or hosted game lists or public matchmaking lists for custom games.

The rockets don't track, but watch out for missile pods... the missiles DO track.  Just don't put any in your custom game.  Also, plasma pistols will stop vehicles for a few seconds... so they're good for hog jacking.

You can do campaign in co-op with friends, but you have to arrange to meet online and join together.  The co-op has settings to where friends can join at will or by invitation only.  You can organize a party for campaign or to play matchmaking together.  Social doubles is fun... you and a friend can make a party and take on other pairs.

Pongo (gamertag HamarSkald)

Offline Cr@zy

• Senior Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2007, 08:22:32 PM »
Has anyone played with a 'gamertag: MillahQQ' in Halo 3?

Thanks H@ngm@n Soooo much for the Awesome sig!

Print