Print 

Author Topic: Biweekly Game Giveaway!!!  (Read 14464 times)

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
Re: Biweekly Game Giveaway!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 03:06:48 PM »
Milton has won again, with a very close guess of 1824. The correct answer was 1870!

For the next giveaway we're having a blowout on strategy games. The prizes are:

Total War: Napoleon
Total War: Medieval II
Total War: Attila

The retail value of all these games put together is $95.

We'll keep the number game going. This time there won't be a given range. I'll think of a number, and whoever gets closest to it wins.

**NOTE** If these giveaways continue to have such low turnout, I will be discontinuing them in the future. **NOTE**

Also I feel like part of the reason the turnout is so low is because registration is turned off on the forums. I hope to see it continue, because I like having a chance, but if there's no turnout, I understand.

But thank you for giving us a chance!
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 08:53:57 PM »

I just didn't notice this before. I think it is great that you are doing something so nice to breathe life back into the forum. I suggest that those racing this Saturday night tell people about it using in-game chat.

I was thinking about alternatives to the number guessing. Unfortunately, things like riddles can be looked up unless they are original, or they give an extra chance to win to those who see it first, which is not really in the spirit of what you are trying to do. So the best I can come up with is to stick with the number guessing but make it a prediction on some publicly available number. You could stick with random like asking people to predict what the final two digits of the Dow Jones Industrial Average will be on a given day. Or you could give people a chance to actually make a substantive prediction and guess what the whole number will be.

I will let you know if I get any other ideas. Thanks for doing this.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 09:02:25 PM by BFM_Mr Do »

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 11:41:44 PM »

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 08:57:50 AM »

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 07:36:25 PM »

I was thinking about alternatives to the number guessing. Unfortunately, things like riddles can be looked up unless they are original, or they give an extra chance to win to those who see it first, which is not really in the spirit of what you are trying to do. So the best I can come up with is to stick with the number guessing but make it a prediction on some publicly available number. You could stick with random like asking people to predict what the final two digits of the Dow Jones Industrial Average will be on a given day.

That gives me an idea for a guess.

It represents the 2018 low for the S&P 500 and a major technical support. If the market doesn't bounce from there (thanks to COVID-19), it'll go a lot lower.
[img

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 04:41:46 PM »

I just didn't notice this before. I think it is great that you are doing something so nice to breathe life back into the forum. I suggest that those racing this Saturday night tell people about it using in-game chat.

I was thinking about alternatives to the number guessing. Unfortunately, things like riddles can be looked up unless they are original, or they give an extra chance to win to those who see it first, which is not really in the spirit of what you are trying to do. So the best I can come up with is to stick with the number guessing but make it a prediction on some publicly available number. You could stick with random like asking people to predict what the final two digits of the Dow Jones Industrial Average will be on a given day. Or you could give people a chance to actually make a substantive prediction and guess what the whole number will be.

I will let you know if I get any other ideas. Thanks for doing this.
That's an excellent suggestion, Mr Do. I'll probably use that (or a slight variation of it) for the next game giveaway.

Also, I second your admonition to let people know during the Saturday races. For anyone who races, please spread the word around. As long as we keep getting a good turnout, I'll continue posting giveaways for the foreseeable future. :)

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2020, 03:29:13 PM »
Boredom is the winner with the closest guess! The correct answer was 9862!

This next week will feature two racing games:

Assetto Corsa
Gas Guzzlers Extreme

Together, they have a retail value of $45.

Thanks to an excellent suggestion by Mr Do, we're going to change things up for this next giveaway. Entrants will post a two digit number, with the winner being determined by who is closest to the last two numbers of the Dow Jones Industrial Average when the market closes on March 30.

(Note: I would have posted this and sent out the Steam keys yesterday. But I was snowed in with a ton of things to do.)

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2020, 09:37:40 AM »

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2020, 09:54:46 AM »

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2020, 01:02:09 PM »
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline BFM_Enigma

• General
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2020, 04:55:49 PM »

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 12:24:15 AM »

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2020, 07:57:04 AM »
I was thinking that the day was Friday when the number would be determined and so I checked the Dow. I now see that it is Monday and so we will see what tomorrow brings. But looking at it led me to a question. When I proposed using the last two digits, I didn't realize that they include decimal places in the reporting. Are we going with the decimal places or the last two digits of the whole number? If it had been decimal places and Friday, I would have been dead on with my 78....

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2020, 09:21:37 AM »
We're going with the decimal numbers.  :)

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2020, 08:27:40 PM »
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013