Print 

Author Topic: What is the best video game of all time? (besides the Halo series)  (Read 41257 times)

Offline HastaLaVista

• Senior Poster
Re: WHat is the best video game of all time? (besides the Halo series)
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 01:44:25 PM »
Best RPG: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Stunning graphics; lots of play time; loooong duration advancement system; LOTs of GREAT/COOL add-ons! Note: Thought I'd hate that it was not MP, but... I don't!]

Finally someone else here has noticed how utterly amazing that game is!  :yesyes:

I liked this game a LOT, but unfortunately... I did all the stealth assassin storyline missions first (forget what they were actually called...) They were so fun! But after I finished them... the rest of the game was kind of a let down in comparison...  Just seemed repetitive... gorgeous, but repetitive. :'(

-Loq

Offline ((Kàkà§hì))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2008, 04:44:28 PM »
I'd have to say currently my fav is Crysis...unbelievable graphics if you card can handle it, and it is NOT a short game. Call of Duty 4 is a close second only because of the length of the game, however, that series has always gone way above any other on attention to detail. I think for ground breaking it would have to be Doom (the original)...I spent all night downloading the 10mb demo at 1400bps and was blown away at the 1 level demo.

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline Ben-BSH

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2008, 04:50:50 PM »
i used to LOVE the goldeneye game on N64

Offline Noodles

• Senior Poster
  • (:
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2008, 04:51:44 PM »
Hello Kitty! :Hazy:

Lol, JK.

I'd have to say....

:awesome:

I love dangerous Hunts, (Its odd im against animal killing.)

Offline Cr@zy

• Senior Poster
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »
Diablo I, was actually was the first game that I ever played on PC. Both of the games are awesome and I'm still hoping for a third.

^ Definetly on my top

Me too, i also loved the Ace Combat series.

Starcraft and Warcraft 3 online are fun as well for PC.

WoW is fun

NFS Games are lots of fun too

COD4 Rocked my Socks

Cabelas games where lots of fun too

Thanks H@ngm@n Soooo much for the Awesome sig!

Offline Gryphon

• Regular Poster
  • If you hear the roar, it means it's too late.
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 01:41:19 PM »
Hmmmm.... Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Curse of Monkey Island, Quest for Glory 1-5, Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, COD 1,2,4, BioShock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Gears of War (took the run in gun out of shooters and made you play tactically), Star Wars: Republic Commando, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Wing Comander 1 - Prophecy, X-wing Alliance, Midevil 1 & 2, Zelda; OoT, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Half Life 2, Episode 1, 2, Team Fortress 2, Portal, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, God of War 1 & 2.

Any I missed?

Offline Slayton V. Price

• Posts Too Much
  • Here we are, Juggernaut!!
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 11:08:34 PM »
OK, so this is how I see it:

Most played other than Halo: NFS: Most Wanted.  Why? Where else can you get a Chevy Cobalt SS to hit 300 kph???

Second: Guild Wars, Specifically the Nightfall Expansion.  Why? Unlike WOW its freee and has MUCH better graphics.

After that throw Alpha Prime.  Bought on Direct 2 Drive for $14, thought I would be somewhat amused for a few moments, ended up staying awake a whole weekend to beat the game. Loved it.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.  WHAT A RIDE. Thats all I can say.  And Ive read the CoC books and most of the mythos.

Offline Zoldor

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2008, 04:48:15 PM »
hmm...hard to decide. there's a lot of great games right now, but I'm gonna have to go old school on this one. it's either Galaga, Space Invaders, Tron, or Spy Hunter.

Offline xtra

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
Kinda going off subject but i want this post to hit 50 for some reason (its always fun)

This FIFA game i had for the Sega Mega Drive was so awesome that if u fouled someone, u kept control of the offending player, you could then sprint round the pitch untill the ref caught you (ie forever :P)

anyone else know of any all time great sorta glitches in games?

Offline FlameDragon

• Junior Poster
  • hack and slash my way to victory.
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 06:40:07 AM »
i would have to say my favorite game is 1.resedent evil 4 not the crapy ps2 version but the originol gamecube version (it had better graphics than the ps2 version and reall time movies.) 2.halo, 3. world of warcraft - call of duty 4 , 4.the legend of zelda twilight princess

Offline BigShot

• Regular Poster
  • its when you're not looking that the shot hits
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2008, 06:05:54 PM »
me says "bump"!

team sig by Slayton, thanks a ton!

My virtues: be silent but strong, never attack in anger, uphold all just laws, and stay 100% loyal to your choices and friends

Offline Rázgrìz

• Senior Poster
  • I am the Razgriz
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2008, 06:22:40 PM »
It's a close call for some other games for PC, but I'd have to go with the Diablo Series. I have been playing it for a long time now. Diablo I, was actually was the first game that I ever played on PC. Both of the games are awesome and I'm still hoping for a third.

yes!! im not the only ne hoping for Diablo III

Offline BFM_Mukkie

• BFM Admin
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »
The best game for me (besides halo) will have to be WoW because theres so much quests to do and when you finally reach lvl 70 you can join a clan and try to defeat the ahrdest bosses in WoW wiht aa 40 man raid and it gets very addictive

Thanks Miggy Poo :)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline Wolf

• Senior Poster
  • Woof!
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2008, 04:39:46 PM »
I am honestly surprised it hasn't been named. The one franchise to PWN them all! THE Mega Man series for the original NES! Yeah, that's right! Old school pwns you all, Blue Bomber style! ;)

Mega Man FTW!!!
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul. Hope you like what you see....."

Offline Draucus

• Posts Too Much
  • Life is more than the sum of it's parts.
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2008, 04:56:03 PM »
Well, I don't have very much video games,
but I will tell you my favorite of the games I have now.
My current favorite is F.E.A.R.
Even though it loads so slow and have lag,
it is a lot of fun to me.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Print