Print 

Author Topic: No grenade launcher in the first 10 seconds  (Read 2035 times)

Offline BarbeBleue

• Junior Poster
No grenade launcher in the first 10 seconds
« on: February 01, 2010, 07:41:42 AM »
Why?
and then why not -no EXPLOSIVES- in the first ten seconds?

Since what I hate most of this game is the random nades that kill me, I want to clear this out.

If you say no grenade launcher in the first ten seconds, throwing up a grenade in the general enemy direction in S&D is as much annoying to me and should be included in the first 10 seconds (even 30 seconds lol)

Anyway thats just my opinion and I want to know what ya'll think about it.

Random nades = no skills required, just map knowledge
Barbe  - french for Beard
Bleue - french for Blue

might also remember me as Shakur

Offline Elensar

• Senior Poster
    • Lots of cool pretty colors for forum use!!!!
Re: No grenade launcher in the first 10 seconds
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:57:42 AM »
I'd consider Map Knowledge a skill, lol. And I also think it quite amazing when people know right off hand the altitude and direction to throw it and also how long they need to hold it before throwing it, I'd also consider that skill XD.

Anyhow though, I'd say if you can do this (cause I know I haven't even began to learn how to do this) then I'd say do it, if you can save yourself trouble later (kill 1 or 2 with a blind nade and that is 1 or 2 people that you don't have to worry about sniping you or jumping out of corners).

Just my opinion :).
BFM_Elensar

First Forum Visit ~~~ 9/28/2009
Applied to BFM ~~~ 10/13/2009
Got Vent access ~~~ 11/13/2009
Got Small Tags ~~~ 01/04/2010
Got Big Tags ~~~ 04/14/2010

Thanks to BFM_BlitZī for da awesome siggy!!!!

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Want some information that will change your racing life? WATCH THIS!

Offline BarbeBleue

• Junior Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:21:26 AM »
hmhmmm okay I guess it is linked with the experience you have playing the game... but no, no skill is required (when I do it at least).

And yes, I use that cheap technique sometimes as well  because I'm a victim of it most of the time xD.
When I do, I just throw the nade up front, no cooking, right where [I KNOW] enemies are.  I consider this move to be ridiculously repetitive and unrealistic.

add 3xgrenades perk + larger explosive effects, and you get collateral damage xD
Bleue - french for Blue

Offline ((Kākā§hė))

• Posts Too Much
  • か か し !!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:46:41 PM »
The rule that we've put into place is due to the fact that nearly at the start of a round one can reach all the way across a map with a GL doing much damage to the other team. There is not much of a chance to run and hide. The same goes for an early Airstrike...Now, if you have an airstrike you have definitely earned the right to use it, but lets take the example of the map Pipeline. A team up the hill that has an airstrike coming towards it will be decimated. Our rule is to get the match going a bit...to balance things between the two teams. Everyone knows were the spawn points are in S&D and the idea is to get the teams out of that spot safely.

A nade can go pretty far, but you can't kill instantly from the start of the map with one. Most of these nades are thrown toward choke points in the map...the places where the most people might end up after 10 seconds or so, but this takes time. A well placed Grenade Launcher shot at the beginning of the map Countdown can demolish an opposing team...this does take some skill to do, but it's just not fair to start out that way.

THANKS  SLAYTON  FOR  THE  A W E S O M E  SIG!!!
http://ninjamouse.com - http://ninjamouse.com/images/Kakashi_sig24.jpg

Offline BarbeBleue

• Junior Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:33 AM »
Okay I see
I guess I'll have to live with those deadly grenades and enjoy the rest as long as I don't get killed right at the beginning

Thank you
Bleue - french for Blue

Print