Print 

Author Topic: Back up my profile  (Read 2421 times)

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
Back up my profile
« on: June 16, 2010, 04:58:45 AM »
If I wanted to un-install CoD4, how could I save my profile + progress I have mde in the game? Thanks!

~Panther

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Lone WolF

• Newbie Poster
  • If you shine, you die.
Re: Back up my profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 02:50:44 PM »
Once again I think a stickie is in order. :(

Edit:

Someone in this board had the nice idea of emailing the file to yourself. I don't know how that would work if your computer died though...

Just get a little flash drive thing, a 2GB one is so cheap they're practically giving them away. Well, $15. Probably closer to $85 in Aussie though :P

Gmail can hold around 7+ GBs now, I remember when it was 2 GBs and invite only. :P And unless you have Outlook Express (or equivalent) downloading your Emails and then deleting them, the file will stay stored on Google's Email server.

(You need to make a stickie called, "How To Backup Your CoD4 PROFILE")

Go to My Computer (XP) or Computer (Vista/7) and then to the hardrive you installed it on, most likely C:\ (It's the default.) and open the folder called Program Files then Activision then Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare then players,

Or copy and paste this into your Start Search bar,  C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players

now make a zip file of the folder called "profiles" open your browser and then go to you email account and start a Email message and then upload the zip file you just made, and email it to yourself.

In windows 7 / vista, depending on how you have the game setup/running perms wise, the profile is in your hidden APPdata folder.

If so, go to "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\" and then on the top bar, there should be a button named "compatability files" click this to reveal the players folder, just backup that entire folder.

if anyone has any problems finding their COD4 profile, gimme a shout :)
I'm Serious, Stop Following Me!!

Print