Print 

Author Topic: POLL - Time Spent On Homework.  (Read 17509 times)

Offline Bonessi

• Newbie Poster
  • That's me in real life...
Re: POLL - Time Spent On Homework.
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2008, 12:49:43 PM »
This poll seems to be a big hit!  :yesyes:
Get Racing!

Offline OÐî ñ

• Junior Poster
  • this is U
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »
1.5 to 2 is how much we are supposed to do but (thankfully) we have a block schedule. 2 of 4 accidemics then the other 2 the next day. so it helps even out the 90 minutes just for math. I normally do all of it in school during class. Next year is gunna be a lot harder since im going to our state's best marching band and high school.... :zoot:

"A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

Thx for the sig Ds Black!

Offline JôkÖr

• Regular Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »
Ive got a study hall :P

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2008, 12:36:38 PM »
when i did my 11+ in 1976 i did about half hour, then for mocks in hi skool bout an hour, then for 'o' levels bout 2 hours and 3 b4 a test, at college first year city and guilds 0 hours, and for final c & g 1 hour. I am now doing theory test for heavy goods licence, have to remember 450 questions, this has so far taken me 4 hours for 300. I am lucky, i can remembr things and memorise them by association.

regards
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2008, 08:25:53 PM »
I'll be honest, I spend about 10-30 minutes at home.

I make sure I have a study hall during school, that way I can get my work done there, and come home to race!!  d_b

I IS NERD!! :interesting:

Offline Bonessi

• Newbie Poster
  • That's me in real life...
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 07:40:41 AM »
when i did my 11+ in 1976 i did about half hour, then for mocks in hi skool bout an hour, then for 'o' levels bout 2 hours and 3 b4 a test, at college first year city and guilds 0 hours, and for final c & g 1 hour. I am now doing theory test for heavy goods licence, have to remember 450 questions, this has so far taken me 4 hours for 300. I am lucky, i can remembr things and memorise them by association.

regards

our school systems work so so differently...
Get Racing!

Offline zetlandpeat / {HM}Zet

• Regular Poster
  • The Vikings are Coming - Up Helly Aa
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 09:24:10 AM »
Nowadays pupils are tested every 3 months or so, this is to ensure they are reaching targets (schools that is). The trouble is with that is teachers and pupils now spend more time on them, teachers have to do more hours and pupils get stressed. There is too high a percentage of kids who still leave school unable to read and write properly.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'

TALL SHIPS RACE COMES BACK TO SHETLAND

I would like to be a glowworm, a glowworms never glum, it`s hard to be downhearted when the sun shines out your bum.

Offline carl

• Senior Poster
  • check out mista benny!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 01:30:26 PM »
i spend 0 minutes, zero seconds and zero hours doing my homework.  i just do it in school. 
if you ask me to slow down when racing, then you are out of luck buddy. I AM AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER!!! 
the fastest way to a point is a straight line, no matter the danger, i like to take chances, I AM A RISKY DRIVER!!!

Ok, let's get right to it.  DO NOT HIT YOUR COMPUTER AS CARL DOES

Offline BFM_DarkFyr

• BFM Admin
  • Forza Vale
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 12:40:35 PM »
1-1.5 hours

Offline BFM_dStruct

• BFM Admin
  • Australian ~ ~
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 03:27:54 AM »
Most nights i like to go to a study session for each class, i like doing that then doing homework on my own.. probably about 1 hour to 2 hours a night...

~d3struct

Offline #PNP#SLAYER

• Newbie Poster
  • The one thing which owns the Chief every time...
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 03:16:58 PM »
3+.  If you include time spent practicing violin, it averages 5-6 hours on weekdays.  (I played a concerto with my high school orchestra... I'm not the greatest, or anything, but I practice a whole lot.  it's sickening.)  Being a physics nerd, Halo enthusiast, and Tae Kwon Do fanatic doesn't exactly help either.   :P

Thanks to Apollo for the awesome sig!

Offline Manticore

• Junior Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »
I was a bad student last year...i have no idea how i passed... 0 seconds in the second half of school. The only thing that kept me from failing was the school work. And even then i was asleep in class most the time :LOL: im going to change that this year... I estimate 1 - 2.5 hours for 8th grade homework.

Thank you Miserabilis!                                       Thanks a bunch Slayton!

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2008, 08:34:05 AM »
Study Hall ftw only a few minuteso f homework if none at all

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 05:29:22 AM »
for me.. around 30 minutes a day (last year at least) this year (8th grade) im gunna spend more time on schoolwork cause i barely 'got by' last year :D

Offline Atroxide

• Junior Poster
  • Alias: TexasMd91
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 02:07:11 PM »
I don't do homework at my house.

I spend any second and every second extra I got at school doing it.

On average the bus takes 10 minutes from when I first go out to wait for it (Sometimes its early, which is why I am out there early). The bus ride is around 10 minutes long. Then when we get to school there is a 45 minute period before first period. Majority of classes have 5-10 minutes before the teacher starts teaching (taking attendance, etc.). We have a break period half way through morning, which is 20 minutes. Lunch is an hour long and it takes maybe 20 minutes to eat... lol. and then I have to wait for the bus, ride the bus, and then I am home.

Thats a good 2 hours plus not even having to waste my time on homework when I could be doing something I enjoy.

Why waste your freedom time when you could just do it when you can't do anything else.

PS: Also the fact that I work right when I get home to around 10pm might also be why I do it at school.

My method works and gets me straight A's.
Alias: TexasMd91

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Charles H. Duell, Commissioner of the United States Office of Patents, recommending that his office be abolished, 1899.
"Heavierthanair flying machines are impossible." Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895."
"There is no likelihood man can ever tap the power of the atom." Robert Millikan, Nobel Prize winner for physics, 1923.

Print