Print 

Author Topic: What is your IQ???  (Read 65513 times)

Offline NØØGIE

• Newbie Poster
Re: What is your IQ???
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2008, 08:26:06 PM »

Thats pretty good im my eyes, now if only i could harness that intellegance and stop being lazy and actually use it....
Faithful servent to the BFM Clan

§~NØØGIE~§

First sig Thanks to Noodragon, second thanks to Slayton, last two thanks to Jake360

Offline 'Medic

• Posts Too Much
  • High Speed, Low Drag.
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 09:01:15 PM »
I scored the same as Loqii!!!  :yesyes:

I finished with just over 26 minutes left on the clock. So i guess i did that in less than 4 minutes! :-X

-'Medic

-signature courtesy of Atroxide & h@ngm@n

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try!"
--Master Yoda

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 09:38:07 PM »
124... but the tasks are very heavily focused on spatial relations, pattern recognition and mathematics skills.  A real IQ test would also take into account verbal/word comprehension and logical reasoning.

Sorry, can't help myself. I got my graduate degree in Applied Experimental Psychology, concentrating in Measurement (i.e., the design of psychological tests) and statistics.  :P

Verbal/word comprehension has nothing to do with an IQ, just what you've been told. This actually figures out whether your mind can understand these sorts of patterns, which require logical reasoning. This is the only IQ test that I've ever taken that I believe to have any validity at all. Language is too ambiguous to be used in an IQ test. And I saw nothing dealing with mathematics. . . .

I got a 127.
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7885/picture48sf1.png
52.87   60.07   46.40   72.73   68.23   55.10   98.27   84.73

Offline BFM_JANE

• Major
  • Despite the cost of living, it remains popular.
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 03:20:14 AM »
Verbal/word comprehension has nothing to do with an IQ, just what you've been told. This actually figures out whether your mind can understand these sorts of patterns, which require logical reasoning. This is the only IQ test that I've ever taken that I believe to have any validity at all. Language is too ambiguous to be used in an IQ test. And I saw nothing dealing with mathematics. . . .

Only a math-y person would say that... Unfortunately, I'm a word-y person and couldn't think of a better word than "math-y". But hey, 121 for me!

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 12:15:34 PM »

wats a "IQ?"

Yeah, that test was clearly slanted toward abstract reasoning, only one part of a good measurement method.

.... I finished with 23:35 left on the clock. (And I took two phone calls while taking the test....)

S'all I'm gonna say....  ;)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 01:33:57 PM »
I finished with just over 26 minutes left on the clock. So i guess i did that in less than 4 minutes! :-X

We were timed? lol maybe if I didnt stop to talk to someone for a few minutes my IQ would be a lil higher... ::)

heh.

I don't think the timing affected your score... unless it ran out, thus marking your remaining questions wrong, probably....

;D

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Fender

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »

You've touched on one of the most debated issues (as Mxy also noted): Just what is "Intelligence" and what does it comprise?  One-dimensional measures might show some degree of validity, but a single test is almost never comprehensive enough to capture the entire spectrum of any given construct, especially one as complex and as multifaceted as "intelligence." Think of "intelligence" as a big pot of vegetable soup, and each "IQ test" or other measure of intelligence as a ladle you dip into the big pot. With one dip of the ladle, you might get some peas, some carrots, a little onion... but you might have missed the turnips, cabbage, potatoes, broccoli, green beans... But if you take two, or three, or 10 dips of the ladle, you're more likely to capture a little bit of everything, and therefore get a more complete picture of "intelligence."

Surely verbal comprehension is SOME indicator of cognitive functioning, but I suppose it's debatable whether it represents an innate characteristic or simply a skill set.  But I'll posit this much: We certainly credit the loquacious with more intelligence than those who utter only ape-like grunts.

As for the mathematics skills, you don't actually have to solve math problems per se to test mathematical abilities. Geometry falls under the realm of mathematics, and someone who grasps geometric principles faster than the next person probably has better mathematics comprehension, too.

My last comment: Medic and I got the same score.  But I'm still smarter than he is. Ha! :winkgrin:

Offline Fender

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »

wats a "IQ?"

Yeah, that test was clearly slanted toward abstract reasoning, only one part of a good measurement method.

.... I finished with 23:35 left on the clock. (And I took two phone calls while taking the test....)

S'all I'm gonna say....  ;)

I notice you didn't give your score, Mxy... Hmmm... Suspicious!  And phone calls to your son to ask for the answers does not count!

Offline kjell easy

• Newbie Poster
  • kick it!
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 05:16:40 PM »

Thanks for the old school sig NOOGIE

Thanks to Diehard6309 for the sweet sig!

Offline Daigoro

• Posts Too Much
  • shishogan...swordsman's eyes
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »
That was hard! I had to guess at the questions on either side of the penultimate one, with six seconds left. I think I got both wrong.

Sincerely,
Daigoro

Offline BFM_saes

• BFM Admin
  • oops....
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 11:36:44 PM »
here is mine: (do yours with standard deviation 16)

Same here.

Had ~20 minutes left. (But couldn't remember the number of the few I guessed on  :-X)

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 11:44:53 PM »
That was hard! I had to guess at the questions on either side of the penultimate one, with six seconds left. I think I got both wrong.

I think I got the one with the 3 x 3 squares, and I'll say it if no one has anything against it.

Offline Maelstrom/Iron

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2008, 01:09:10 AM »
i dont like these kind of iq tests, scored a 103, but eh lucky guessing, had like 40 more minutes on the clock, scored a 133 on another iq test, but that one was on math skills and history and geography

Offline BFM_Edison

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 01:53:15 AM »
Knowing geography has nothing to do with someone's intelligence... Same thing goes for history.

Offline Maelstrom/Iron

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 02:02:24 AM »
Knowing geography has nothing to do with someone's intelligence... Same thing goes for history.
exactly

Print