Print 

Author Topic: Skyrim (The time is here!)  (Read 42213 times)

Offline BFM_Kiwi

• Major
Re: Skyrim (The time is here!)
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »

I finally got married, although I was disappointed to find out she just makes me a sandwich once a day and runs some kind of pawn shop out of my house...  :doh:

-LowK

:siderofl: :siderofl: :siderofl:

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2011, 01:53:17 PM »
The most frustrating 10 minutes of your life.

Lock-pick skill level 48.
Chest Level: Master
Lockpicks: 1

That was a lot of quicksave/quickloading.

I have yet to BUY a lock pick.  ::)

I kill so many things I get more than I use up! ('Most I've ever used on a Master lock was ~12, I think?)

I'm carrying 225 of them right now....

What character type are you, Exodus, "Fumble-Finger?"   :winkgrin:

I chose Thief from the get-go because I know how overpowered Elder Scrolls "Sneak" has always been!  (It was my second skill to make it to 100, after Smithing.  ;D )

...And WHY did I get my Smithing up so early on? With my Smithing buffs I was able to make most of my items either "Epic" or "Legendary" from the get-go that way!  (FYI: You need a Smithing skill level of at least 91 to make Legendary items.)  So my Legendary Ebony - soon to be replaced by a Glass - bow does 168 damage per strike, x2 for sneak attack!  (Sneak applies as long as the target can't find/see you, so if you duck into hiding after each shot, it counts as x2 AGAIN when you pop out and hit them again.  However I'm pretty sure - from my experience - that Dragons can see you regardless of your sneak ability!  :LOL:  Ditto anything with Detect Life ability.)

Note that this is all independent of your character level, except that you won't get/find things like Glass weapons as drops until you're at a high-enough level for that to start, but you CAN get them from quests.  :siren:

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »

On a totally different note: I've wondered about how much the travel time differed when bopping about Skyrim.  I finally did the study:

Whiterun -> Markarth, departure time 9:00am via:

ModeArrival Time
Fast Travel (Foot)10:20 pm
Fast Travel (Horse)10:18 pm
Hired Carriage10:14 pm

'Guess I'll save my 20 gold pieces from now on!

LOL!

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:30:47 PM by MrMxyzptlk »

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2011, 05:48:04 PM »
My lockpick level should read 38. This was very early on in the game. I have also never purchased a lockpick... I was going through a draugr-filled dungeon and none of them were dropping any lockpicks, nor was I finding any. At this stage I had never had more than around 30 lockpicks at one time (I was only a few levels up). I had opened 2 master chests and 3 expert chests already... so doing all of that with 30 picks was not all that bad (especially when you add in the lower level ones as well which can easily steal a lockpick!)

Now I have over 400 lockpicks. I have never wasted points on getting the perks... can usually get the master chests on 5 attempts with a quick trigger finger.

As for my character type I have been playing a one-handed fighter that uses a shield. The most apt description is probably "mushroom picker" because when I wander through the dungeons you will see me picking up alchemy items off the ground as I fight enemies. :D

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2011, 07:31:27 PM »
I buy lock picks for no reason.I'm only like level 6 and have about $20,000, aka, kill and steal everything, don't do quests.
Lock picking is only about 20, yet most picks I've used on a master is about 4, and I've picked 10+ masters. Natural talent? :P

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2011, 09:53:28 PM »
Three words.
ENCHANTING, IS, ANNOYING!   ::)

Also, I've gotten Blacksmithing, Pickpocketing, Lockpicking, and Restoration to 100.

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2011, 11:33:10 PM »
nice job lucky,
ive only gotten smithing and pickpocketing to 100,
and yes enchanting is annoying, me being me, i sneak everywhere and dont want to use the soul trap spell to give away detection plus i dont carry soul trap weapons (which i should)

atm, sneak is level 80ish, blade is just over 60 same as archery, light armor is about 50 and enchanting is at 40, and im only gonna level restoration to the point i can restore stamina, everything else i will only level to get the perk points

i am also considering starting the game again and this time not doing it on the easiest difficulty lol

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2011, 01:45:32 AM »
My enchanted 2-handed sword kills dragons with ease, ive more souls than can be used at the moment , and dragon scales and bones are annoyingly heavy! Pit stop to see the Wife at Breezehome after each kill.

Ive got more flawless jewellery than i could possibly sell. I wish I had more book cases in my house... Might just move out of Riften Breezehome soon though anyway. Stormcloaks are on the way to attack Riften and ive also go to capture a dragon at Dragons Reach too so its all gonna royally kick off there soon.

The quests are still multiplying almost more than I can keep up and ive been hammering through them.

Thieves guild quests ive put off for a bit. Especially now ive heard how long the whole thing is hehe.

Ive no specifics maxed to 100 yet but smithing is nearly there at 85, all combat forms and blocking is on the increase more than others due to the relevant stone activated. and everything else is at about half way or just under. Just wished you got more than 1 perk upgrade per level up.

I have to repeat how much this game was definitely worth the money.

Im with Extreme, next time i start the game from the beginning ima try jumping up a couple of difficulties.

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2011, 12:45:28 PM »
You can always just change it in the middle of the game :)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2011, 12:32:38 PM »
You can always just change it in the middle of the game :)

Heck you can even change it IN THE MIDST OF BATTLE!  (FYI: I'm on Expert.  Master was too much "Fight Club" for me!  :winkgrin: )

I have SOOOO MANY FILLED SOUL GEMS it's CRAZY!

One of the two bows that I carry has a 7-second soul trap built-in. If I need the power of the better one to bring down a NecroMage or something, I usually switch to my "Soul Reaper" bow for the last shot to also grab their soul.  :muah:

I'm sure I have over a hundred filled soul gems, maybe 200....

So: "They Call Me The Reaper: The Best There Ever Waa-as!", man!

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 12:36:34 PM by MrMxyzptlk »

Offline BFM_Crimson

• BFM Admin
    • I'm copying JANE...
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2011, 09:02:31 PM »
Dragon vs Mammoths last night, was hilarious! The mammoth ended up on top of the dragon, the dragon was shooting fire upward at the mammoth, looked pretty epic.

I went to take a screenshot, but hit the Quickload key by mistake.

Epic fail.

.       Thanks JANE, LËÕ, Lucky, MiG and Tails for rendering signature services!

Offline BFM_Exodus

• General
  • BFM's General Oversight >:)
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2011, 05:37:59 AM »
Dragon vs Mammoths last night, was hilarious! The mammoth ended up on top of the dragon, the dragon was shooting fire upward at the mammoth, looked pretty epic.

I went to take a screenshot, but hit the Quickload key by mistake.

Epic fail.

BFM_Exodus likes this.

Nrvend is too old. We race in hogs, not wheelchairs.
Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?
Exodus is the all-time Major Pain.

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2011, 09:35:43 AM »
Just hit level 30 yesterday.  Shifted over from a 2-handed sword to 2 1-handeds. (2 max smithed and enchanted Nord swords that set ppl on fire) which are really good but Ive also picked up an ebony bow and an ebony 2-handed sword lately which are even more powerful than my currents without being upgraded yet.

The Sanguine Rose and the Wabbajack have both gotten me out of a few sticky situations! Nothing more relieving than turning that troll into a chicken at the last minute.

Killed Alduin. I had been going through the game up until that point thinking that killing him was going to be the ending of the main story line or something, but obviously not... good.

How stuck into the game I got? I completely missed the in-game settings window... Ima try upping the difficulty then! Thanks.

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2011, 09:46:32 AM »
well i was playing yesterday i was in the town of whitrun when i accidently used my shout spell on a cow and the guards fined me 50 dollar pay but luckily i am the thane of whiterun so they let me go with a warning. :P
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Trael

• Senior Poster
  • Hi Ho I live in a box...
« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2011, 10:04:47 AM »
Killed Aldwin at level 16 yesterday night.

Print