Print 

Author Topic: Skyrim (The time is here!)  (Read 42243 times)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: Skyrim (The time is here!)
« Reply #120 on: December 30, 2011, 08:51:08 AM »
well i was playing yesterday i was in the town of whitrun when i accidently used my shout spell on a cow and the guards fined me 50 dollar pay but luckily i am the thane of whiterun so they let me go with a warning. :P

There's actually a BENEFIT to using your shout in/near towns now and then!: (Often) a courier will later bring you a message about it, and the message contains information about an as-yet-undiscovered Word location! (Note: You won't get another notice until/unless you've gotten your currently-outstanding word-wall notice, so don't think you can "stack them up" and then go get them all!  :winkgrin: )

On another note:

Skyrim just now completely bummed me out / dissappointed me to the max  :'( :

You can't get the final / one of the Words of Power UNLESS YOU JOIN ONE OF THE TWO FACTIONS and start the war!*

I had intended to put that decision/commitment off forever, enjoying the freedom of movement between the two, but the authors apparently consider the war to be a major part of the game's plot, I guess.

::)        :'(        :bang:      :siren:       :sigh:       :roll eyes:      :doom:     :argh:     :zombie:

(FYI: I joined the Stormcloaks.  Why? Because so many of the Jarls were corrupt....  ::) )

Now I've got to look forward to getting attacked every time I visit an Imperial-held city....  :-X

On the up side, tho: I've now gotten all the Words of Power and hence all the Shouts!**  :yesyes:

* FYI: That one "locked away" Word Wall is one of the words for the "Slow Time" shout, and is located within Korvanjund.  This location's entrances are blocked by rubble until you takes sides in the civil war. Note: You have to access that site via the quest "The Jagged Crown."

** ...And I still have 12 left-over dragon souls!?!  ::)  :LOL:

On YA note: Can Shadowmere DIE?!?  I mean, this horse is basically another follower!  The thing attacks and kills things about as well as my Housecarl(s)!

Also, I think there's a very strange bug in here, too, and I think it might have started when I chose sides in the war: Lydia and Shadowmere now attack EACH OTHER whenever a fight anywhere nearby breaks out.  Great.  :doh:

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »
just like to mention I was never attacked when I was a Stormcloak in Solitude or an Imperial in Windhelm.

about my weapons, I carry an Elven bow, 2 1-handed swords (the strongest ones i find) and Mehrunes Razor which is definitely my favourite weapon in the game

about shadowmere, people have said she can die though it requires very overpowered attacks (unless some sort of glitch is involved). Also watch out, during my second run of the game, the game glitched so shadowmere never spawned *sigh* (though apparently there is a fix)

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2011, 03:32:31 PM »
just like to mention I was never attacked when I was a Stormcloak in Solitude or an Imperial in Windhelm.

about my weapons, I carry an Elven bow, 2 1-handed swords (the strongest ones i find) and Mehrunes Razor which is definitely my favourite weapon in the game

about shadowmere, people have said she can die though it requires very overpowered attacks (unless some sort of glitch is involved). Also watch out, during my second run of the game, the game glitched so shadowmere never spawned *sigh* (though apparently there is a fix)

Yeah, I haven't actually tested out the "attacking me on sight" thing, I just assumed, what with me slaughtering all those Imperial dudes*....  ::)  :winkgrin:

Your post prompted me to investigate:

"- Shadowmere has more health than other horses in Skyrim and the ability to regenerate health extremely quickly. [...]

- Shadowmere can and will defeat most lower-level to mid-level enemies, but is vulnerable to attacks by hard-hitting foes (such as Snow Bears).

- If Shadowmere attacks a dragon, the dragon's soul may no longer be absorbable, resulting in the dragon's body just lying there without becoming bones.

- When completing the subquest to gain Shadowmere, having a purchased horse with you can cause Shadowmere not to appear. [PC workaround omitted.]

- Unlike the Shadowmere present in Oblivion, this version of Shadowmere is not Essential and can die. However, 15-20 days later, Shadowmere will respawn in the location of death."

* Yaaa... If I use my double-heal spell (both hands) I can stand amid pretty-much any oncoming crowd and then a short pause to do a Flame Cloak spell every now & then usually clears out just about anything around me, eventually! (Oh, and my Majika and Destruction are high enough that I've never even gone below 1/2 Majika yet doing that....) ::)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:40:58 PM by MrMxyzptlk »

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2011, 04:20:45 PM »
For some reason, I have the invincible lockpicks, even though the skill is nowhere NEAR 99, and I haven't unlocked the perk for it...

Oh well :D

Offline BFM_Ben1

• BFM Admin
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »
So this whole "Skyrim" thing, what is it all about exactly? :LOL: :siderofl: :Hur Words:

Thanks to Spood for this sig!

Awards won:

Aussie Scrims Team dStruct- Season VI Champions
Season 21 Captain Scrims- All Star
Season 21 Captain Scrims- Star Rookie
Season 22 Captain Scrims- MVP
Season 22 Captain Scrims- Most Improved
Season 22 Captain Scrims- All Star

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2011, 07:06:40 PM »
So this whole "Skyrim" thing, what is it all about exactly? :LOL: :siderofl: :Hur Words:

It's someone's horrible attempt to send me back to the 5th Dimension by attempting to spell my name backwards*!

::)

:P

* Which wouldn't work anyway, since I have to say my name backwards for that to happen!

Offline Fuse

• Junior Poster
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2012, 01:54:49 AM »
Now you are going to make me remember which Comic I saw that in.... It was most likely Witchblade.... >.<

Thanx Benjy for the awesome Siggy!

Thanks TH-7 Erik! Love it!

"E.T. for the Atari, if you place this game in the console, puppies die. That's how bad it is."

Offline Fuse

• Junior Poster
« Reply #127 on: January 01, 2012, 01:57:01 AM »
ALSO, love Skyrim for the big reason that I have maxed every skill, level 81, PLUS I managed to work my alchemy and crafting in a way that made it possible to exceed the normal skill for a weapon.... but the enemies level with you so where wolves would be, I have trolls, and so forth.

Thanx Benjy for the awesome Siggy!

Thanks TH-7 Erik! Love it!

"E.T. for the Atari, if you place this game in the console, puppies die. That's how bad it is."

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #128 on: January 01, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
i love it how i bought a sell book a that allows me to cast magic made weapons for 120 seconds for for 2 whole mins.. one is a one handed sword and the other is a axe
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2012, 03:19:09 AM »
If i see one more knee arrow related "joke" on the internet I just might explode

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2012, 07:42:02 AM »
>>---(KNEE)--->

Offline BFM_Xtr3me

• BFM Admin
  • Without me, it's just aweso.
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2012, 09:25:35 PM »
(insert arrow in knee related joke here) ;D

Xtr3me's Timeline in BFM
01/Jul/10 - First attempt at recruitment
07/Nov/10 - Second attempt at recruitment ;D
19/Dec/10 - Given Vent
30/Jan/11 - Given Little Tags
13/Mar/11 - Given Big Tags
26/Aug/11 - Promoted to Corporal
07/Feb/12 - Promoted to Sergeant
02/Nov/12 - Promoted to Lieutenant

Thankyou Lucky and Slayton

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2012, 09:44:53 AM »
If i see one more knee arrow related "joke" on the internet I just might explode

I used to find all the arrow knee jokes funny. But then I took an arrow to the knee.

Win

Ey, has anyone sided with the imperial, attacked the Stormcloaks and at the end of it killed Ulfric?  And THEN gone upstairs in his castle?  Theres like 20 odd people all stuffed in one bedroom! What is that!

I released my fire thu'um(?) by mistake in there too... Joy. Runnin out of the castle at full pelt with a random load of firey Windhelmers slicing at my back was not my plan.

Now turns out theres a huge bunch of main and side quests i cant complete anymore... Restarted the game on a higher difficulty.  :doh: :LOL:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:56:16 PM by BFM_Octane »

Offline BFM_MiG

• Captain
  • мigεẅiвгo
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2012, 03:07:09 PM »
I just got Skyrim on Friday (I know! I'm way behind!) I've already logged 20 hours .... Thanks to Uncle Sam, I have a 6 day weekend (last week got cut off 2 days early bc of logistical failures!)

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2012, 06:12:14 PM »
I just got Skyrim on Friday (I know! I'm way behind!) I've already logged 20 hours .... Thanks to Uncle Sam, I have a 6 day weekend (last week got cut off 2 days early bc of logistical failures!)

Not to worry!

Next week I'm going to restart with a new character!

Print