Print 

Author Topic: mystery halo: red cross  (Read 3013 times)

Offline clipseur

• Newbie Poster
mystery halo: red cross
« on: May 28, 2011, 09:57:09 AM »
hello, I noticed something but I never had any explanation "already searched the forum and google".
the cross side of life, it is often normal but sometimes it blinks red, often after a rocket of lagg "team or other ", even if the life or the shield is not affected.
image:

there is an explanation or it will remain a mystery of halo ??

clipseur
I never lose,  I win or I learn

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
Re: mystery halo: red cross
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »

Hmmm, I thought that it got that red aura when you were taking damage, but it appears not, from testing I just did.

Interesting....

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline ËQINÖX

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 02:27:29 PM »
Its one of those mysterys that when found out will ether unlock the mysterys of the universe or simply drive you mad  :LOL:

Offline Lº§tMyMiNÐ

• Junior Poster
  • Introducing: my signature logo, modified.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:40:29 AM »
L°§tMyMiNÐ here.

Yeah, Clips asked my about that on Xfire, too. I told him, like so many of you, that I didn't know what it was, but I've experienced it a lot during failed enemy rocket kills against me, and so I labeled it "shellshock," not to be confused with the horrible game Rebellion came up with. Anyway, that's just what I call it, since it's also happened to me on more than one occasion, as well.

Anyway, there it is.

Take care, people!
-
L°§tMyMiNÐ

It speaks for itself...

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 11:30:50 AM »
So.... I opened my halo manual, went to the HUD page, and it was labelled the same as the "health bars". So it represents the Red cross? Life?. Anyway, that's it :). It comes under the same thing as the bars.

MYSTERY SOLVED. :D

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 09:52:21 PM »

Ya, the manual and many folks on The Web refer to it as the "blue cross" (and many more make fun of the "blue shield" on the above bar paired with it as a joke on the Health Services company by that name here in the USA...  :LOL: )

However in every case that I've seen they're really only referring to the icon as a LABEL for the bar to its right, not what that icon itself means when it's "active...."

So, no, not "Mystery Solved" unless your post had some strange hidden meaning I missed....

Nothing thusfar explains why it gets "active" with that red glow like that....

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 01:36:26 AM »
O.O

Offline clipseur

• Newbie Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 05:12:49 AM »
red cross appears when you have more shield and returns to normal when the shield recharges, but in this image is not the case.
if it is part of life, why it is even if the shield is not affected ??

it probably related to life, but what?
I not think she is here to make pretty, she must serve something, but it is not health.
I never lose,  I win or I learn

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 11:19:43 AM »

I KNOW!!!

It's a warning that your helmet is not on properly!

:LOL:

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 01:31:04 PM »

I KNOW!!!

It's a warning that your helmet is not on properly!

:LOL:

It's a safety precaution I take. If I get a sticky grenade stuck to my head, I can quickly take off the helmet.

Offline Fraggle

• Posts Too Much
  • Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 03:43:26 PM »
Ok, we know it's active when shields are depleting and when they are aumented (overshield) so maybe it's an indication not of damage, but of the shields being active in whatever way.

Surely in terms of friendly fire, the masterchief's shields would be calibrated to repel any and all damage from marine weaponry, but he'd need some way of being made aware that he is being shot at by a compadre, so that he can mebbe get out of the way of the shot or something?

I'm sure that the whole phenomenon of friendly fire would have to be explained away in real-terms (if a little futuristic), so, I think the cross indicates shield activity. Just that. Whether it is damage, regeneration, friendly fire or augmented shields.

My 2c
Many thanks to BFM_MiG for the awesometastic siggy!!
Quote from: BFM_JANE
It's just like life! Except with more rockets!

~ӺƦ∂פ₲Ļĕ
Quote from: some random person somewhere
When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin.
It works not because it settles the question for you, but because in that brief moment when the coin is in the air...

...You suddenly know what you are hoping for!

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 04:20:17 AM »
After many arguements with JANE, I've concluded that it flashes randomly.

Ok, this is all I know. The bit above the cross is a shield, and it is related to your shields. When you have no shields, it will be transparant. It will flash when your shields are recharging. When you have overshield, it will flash yellow and later red when the overshield isn't yellow anymore, when it becomes red.

When on blue health, the cross is blue. When on yellow, it's yellow. When on 2 bars (red), it's red. When on one bar, it becomes transparant, just like the shields do when you have no shields. When you're dead... you're dead.

That explains everything, except why it flashes. I did alot of testing, but I don't think it flashes 100% of the time in a single circumstance. Example: Let's say it starts to flash when I get hurt by an explosion. The next time, it doesn't flash.

Also, once it flashed when I wasn't under fire and no enemies around me and my health and shields was 100%. Sounds random to me.

RANDOM!

JANE disagrees, but oh well. She didn't have a top science monkey to do the testing, did she?

Print