Print 

Author Topic: ALIEN : Isolation (In development)  (Read 3426 times)

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
ALIEN : Isolation (In development)
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:18:20 PM »
www.youtube.com/embed/cXzcTXcBc-w?rel=0&hd=1

Found this and chuckled because I wrote on the ALIENS : Colonial Marines thread about doing a prequel with a more horror survival running away type of game play.

Looks promising!

P.s Havent been on much since before Crimbo so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!  :love:

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
Re: ALIEN : Isolation (In development)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 04:12:03 AM »
I hope its good but im not getting my hopes up too high after colonial marines  :-\

Offline BFM_SüprM@ñ

• BFM Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 01:13:45 AM »
Wasn't aware that there was an Aliens game series..... Although now I'm wondering if I should even look into Colonial Marines or just look forward to this one?
Being a good racer in Halo isn't just about getting the best times. You have to know where your teammates and enemies are, and most of all... how to be crafty! XD -nods-

Oh... and "v.v" = sad face.

Props to Plixity for the first sig, Slayton for the Season XIII trophy sig, and Jane for the banner! Thx guys! ^.^

Applied for Recruitment: January 22nd, 2008
Received Vent: March 25th, 2008
Received Lil-tags: May 3rd, 2008
Resigned: May 15th, 2008
Re-Applied: June 16th, 2009
Re-Received Vent: July 25th 2009
Re-Received Lil-Tags: August 24th, 2009
Received Big Tags: October 5th, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: January 30, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: April 19, 2010
Temp. Resigned: August 6, 2010
Returned: January 29, 2013

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:09:21 AM »
Wasn't aware that there was an Aliens game series..... Although now I'm wondering if I should even look into Colonial Marines or just look forward to this one?

Colonial marines is a broken and unfinished game. It was in development for years and went through a number of companys before release, and each time it was altered and jumbled into a bigger mess. the story is considered cannon and it is atrocious. you spend more than half of the game fighting people not aliens and the final boss is defeated by pressing like 4 buttons. the AI is really bad. the aliens are laughably weak. its a short game that lasts roughly 5 hours.

Perhaps the most disgraceful element of Colonial Marines' story is a plot twist ham-fistedly forced into a late chapter that, for fear of upsetting readers with spoilers, I cannot adequately detail. Suffice it to say, the story undoes canon established in the movies, and does so with such casual disregard, it comes off as an insult to the audience's intelligence. When one character points out a fatal plot hole in this awkward twist, the revealing party actually says, "That's another story," and it's never addressed again. This is how much Colonial Marines respects its own ideas

that was a quote from a good review site and it sums up my views on the game perfectly. Its an insult to anyone that was ever an aliens fan and a shameless cash grab making money from its name alone. the multiplayer is a redeming feature that can be fun, But id recomend natural selection 2 over it in a heart beat. check it out if you like alien.

Angry rant over!

P.S

there are older alien games out there that aer very good and I would reccomend but its probably hard to get them now

Offline BFM_Octane

• BFM Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 11:10:24 AM »
True dat

The last Aliens game I can remember having a decent atmosphere was Alien Trilogy for PS1 & Sega Saturn.

1GOTP1NK8CIDB00TS0N got typed in the password screen a lot when i used to play that game hehe.

Offline BFM_Tails

• Captain
  • [VGTG]
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 05:41:28 PM »
Thought id give this a bump since I bought it in the steam sale

Im happy to say that it is aweomse. If you like horror games, a challenge or you are an alien fan then get it.50% off on steam sale for 1 more day too.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 10:43:37 PM »
What an awesome game! It's a lot more satisfying to deal with one single alien for the entire game than to knock off hundreds with a pulse rifle as in the previous games.
[img

Print