Print 

Author Topic: Racing 2020  (Read 9281 times)

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
Re: Racing 2020
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 03:11:07 PM »
I had a lot of fun racing again. I'll have to make sure to join more frequently!

Hope to see you all again next week. I'll make sure to get some practice in so that I'm not so rusty with the driving and gunning!
Selling FREE PWNkakes™
Former BFM_Devist8 (long ago) and bfm_ÐeviÑ

Exodus.....why is there a cat in my post?

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2020, 10:54:20 PM »
I missed a lot of Week 9 with a late arrival due to technical problems. When I finally got a spot in the full server, the first two maps were 15-14 and I was told that the two maps right before it were that close, also. We also had another one a few maps later and a 15-13. So it again was very competitive.

I was only in for about 10 maps. During that time, I noticed a number of times when people had 4 laps and 0 deaths in a full server. That included Whipreck on Geph, me on Blood Gulch, and Unit Zero, Bob Marley and Raeywen on Death Island. Unit Zero also had 9 kills on that map as part of an all-around great gunning night. He had 13 kills on Geph and 10 kills on Sidewinder.

Other notable performances included Invert with 4 laps on Geph and DJ with 11 kills on Ice Fields.

I am going to miss next week's racing and possibly the following week. I hope that someone will consider picking up reporting duties in my absence. Or maybe a few people could chime in. It does not have to be so stat-oriented if people just want to tell a little about how the racing went. It would be appreciated.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2020, 06:57:54 PM »
03/07/20 Report

Well, I got in late and had to wait because the server was full.  As usual, the matches were competitive, but could've been more so if several  players would adhere to the rules more.  The rule-breaking and feigning the lack of knowledge does put a dampener on things and ruins the race experience for the skilled regulars on the server. If you note any indiscretions, please let the admins know the location and handle of the abuser. It would definitely make our jobs more efficient.

Sorry that I did not make note of the stats for exceptional performances except my own.  I was on the bottom 3rd of the list for most maps, had a kill/death ratio of less than 1, missed 5 bridge jumps (landed 1), dived off Gephy twice with a fully loaded hog, rolled the hog 5 times in sidewinder, zero laps twice, spammed the rules 6 times (to the chagrin of my gunner) , team shot 2 times, ran a marathon, etc. The opposing team was happy with my performance, my team was not. Hopefully, I set a bar low enough for myself so that next week will be better. If not.... :bang:
[img

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2020, 12:21:29 PM »
03/07/20 Report

Well, I got in late and had to wait because the server was full.  As usual, the matches were competitive, but could've been more so if several  players would adhere to the rules more.  The rule-breaking and feigning the lack of knowledge does put a dampener on things and ruins the race experience for the skilled regulars on the server. If you note any indiscretions, please let the admins know the location and handle of the abuser. It would definitely make our jobs more efficient.

Sorry that I did not make note of the stats for exceptional performances except my own.  I was on the bottom 3rd of the list for most maps, had a kill/death ratio of less than 1, missed 5 bridge jumps (landed 1), dived off Gephy twice with a fully loaded hog, rolled the hog 5 times in sidewinder, zero laps twice, spammed the rules 6 times (to the chagrin of my gunner) , team shot 2 times, ran a marathon, etc. The opposing team was happy with my performance, my team was not. Hopefully, I set a bar low enough for myself so that next week will be better. If not.... :bang:

As a follow up, there was one map, which I can't remember, where Invert had 4 laps, and 0 deaths, which was an amazing feat with all the slaying that was taking place.
Boredom also isn't taking proper credit, and did race well on most maps, despite spamming the rules 6 times.

For a while, Invert and Cuda were on opposite teams, and the races were SUPER competitive. It was rather enjoyable. But then, a horrible fate was bestowed on us, and they ended up on the same team for a while, much to the dismay of the opposing team, rest their souls.

It was decided that Invert can only be killed on Tuesdays.

I swapped teams approximately 4 times, due to multiple people jumping off for the night at the same time, leaving teams uneven. I raced with and against the bests of them this past weekend, and I look forward to seeing how the turnout is this weekend!

As a side note, might I request that we also race on Wednesdays or Thursdays once or twice a month? With the amount of people I see (and the fact that Boredom had to wait due to a full server) I believe we, as a community, could be racing more frequently, if scheduled properly. And I would love to see it happen. Thoughts? (Maybe I should start a new thread for this last part.)
Selling FREE PWNkakes™

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 08:34:05 AM »
Thank you Boredom and Devin for posting some stuff about the week that I missed.

Last night was a great night of racing. I did not arrive until 10:30 and had to wait quite a while because no one was leaving. From sometime before that until well after 11, anyone who left had their spot quickly filled. A couple of people who arrived around 11:15 reported that they had been trying to get in for a long time. So there definitely is a prime time of Saturday night racing, and it looks like it is 9:30-11:30 Eastern.

At one point we ended up with all six on the Blue team being BFM racers and I was starting to feel guilty as we reeled off probably four or five wins in a row. But we kept noticing that the red team was still loaded with experienced racers and then they pulled of a 15-14 comeback win on Danger Canyon. That turned out to be the first of four straight wins for Red and so I guess the teams were actually pretty even.

There were a total of four 15-14 maps during the time I was online. One of those was my last map of the night on Blood Gulch and both teams had racers heading toward the final nav at the end. It reminded me of some epic scrim finishes when Blood Gulch was the overtime map.

It was good to see Suprm@n online and he really raced well, finishing with three laps on almost every map and gunning very well. He had 16 kills on one running of Blood Gulch, 10 kills on Ice Fields and even had a 4-assist map.

Dog of War actually topped that with 5 assists on a map. That was one of the close finishes where Whipreck led his team to victory on Blood Gulch with 3 laps and 8 kills.

Invert and I put up identical 3 lap and 12 kill stat lines as teammates on Sidewinder. Mil, Whipreck and I each shared the lead with 11 kills on Danger Canyon when Mayo had 4 laps to lead his team to the comeback win. I also had 4 laps and 18 kills on Blood Gulch.

Other notable performances included Kiwi and Jark with 4 laps each on Timberland, Devin with 11 kills on Danger Canyon and 10 on Timberland, Mil with 13 on Ice Fields, Macair with 10 on Geph, and Style with 14 kills on Geph and 11 on Blood Gulch when he finally got into the server late in the night. (I think he was angry about having to wait.)

With people spending so much time at home right now, we anticipate the next few Saturdays being very busy again. I plan to try to show up earlier next time to make sure I get a spot and I encourage others to do the same. We also should consider an additional racing night as mentioned on the forums by Devin. If others would be interested in that, I suggest posting a suggestion for which night.

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2020, 10:06:01 AM »
No problem, Mr Do. Thank YOU for always posting these. Reading the report each week brings me joy.

Racing seemed to start a bit early this week, with about 6 players total showing up half an hour early to get in some laps before everything really got started.

I have to say, I felt pretty great about my gunning last night, especially when I was on blue team. I don't remember specific details, but there was a map or two where Invert was my driver, and I don't think I've shot better in my life. Almost the whole night felt like a scrim, and the intensity even reminded me of back when I would participate in the Captains Scrims.

I haven't seen driving or gunning as good as last night in a LONG time. It was amazing.

Then, after many left due to latency, Style, MacAir, and someone I didn't recognize (Kozmo or something, maybe) ended the night on Danger Canyon, where Style and I proceeded to basically be a circus act due to unfortunate spawns and deaths, both on my part. He was a good sport, and I don't think I've laughed so hard from being killed in a game ever.

It was a great night, and I hope to be on next week as well, if I can make it before the server fills up!
Selling FREE PWNkakes™

Offline Bob Marley

• Senior Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2020, 07:42:17 AM »
These reports are fun lol.

I'd be totally down with adding another race night to the week....

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2020, 07:44:37 AM »
The best thing that happened in last night's racing was that we decided to add two more nights of racing to the weekly calendar for the time being while so many people are spending so much time at home. I hope that people take advantage of that on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8 p.m. Central as mentioned in the Announcements board.

The best thing I saw in racing was Bob Marley and Mil going on a total rampage in Blood Gulch. Mil drove and Bob gunned as they racked up 4 laps each and Bob had 20 kills. Their team won 15-5. A couple maps before that, Bob had racked up 15 kills on Sidewinder, and then Mil had 12 kills on Geph. Mil also had 4 laps on Timberland right after that and so the two of them had a hot streak for a few maps.

I missed a few maps in the middle of the night because of technical problems and the server being full, preventing me from getting back in. Of the maps I did see, there was only one 15-14 map and a lot of lopsided ones, but not always in the same direction. There was a running of Blood Gulch where nobody had more than 8 kills and a running of Timberland where one team finished with no kills. (They lost.)

On one running of Ice Fields, Suprm@n led his team to victory with 4 laps and 11 kills while Macair and Puddin also matched him with 11 kills. Other notable performances included Devin with 14 kills and 1hitkillr with 13 on Danger Canyon and Invert with 14 kills on a later running of Danger Canyon.

I hope to see everyone on the tracks Monday.

Offline BFM_Boredom

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 10:18:45 PM »
Wow. Tonight was the first Monday night I played Halo race in years. Considering that players were informed on such short notice, the server was full during the middle of the 4 hr session. The usual suspects included Enigma, Mr. Do, MacAir, Mil, Devin, Bob, Style, myself and others. Even Jay and Mike showed up a bit later to join in on the racing. Even though some of the players were in "lockdown"  in their respective locations, they were still able to come in after their essential work. Now that is dedication. Good job to all, stay healthy, and hope to see you all Wed.  :)
[img

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2020, 08:38:49 PM »
I guess I left too early on Monday night because I did not experience anything close to a full server. But that was not a problem at all on Wednesday night as we were nearly full starting around 9:30 Eastern and stayed that way pretty much until 11.  The quality of racing was just like a Saturday night.

We had a 5v5 Danger Canyon in which Macair had 19 kills while Mil had 15 and Style had 11. Later we had a running of Danger Canyon where only one racer reached double figures in kills, which was Suprm@n with 10. So there was a variety of results.

We also had a running of Geph with some high kill totals but Suprm@n and Style finished with 0 deaths and Devin died only once. All three had 4 laps.

We had close finishes. There was a 15-12 Ice Fields where the losing team had four racers coming to the score nav. Style led that win with 4 laps. There was a 15-13 Blood Gulch where a lot were around the score nav at the end. Screech had 4 laps and Suprm@n had 12 kills on that one. BarbeBleue had 4 laps in a 15-13 win of Timberland. And there was a 15-14 Sidewinder that Bob Marley helped pull out with 4 laps. Bob followed that up with 7 kills on the first lap of Geph in 4v4 action during my last map of the night, finishing with 12 kills.

Other notable performances included Macair with 4 laps and 12 kills on Blood Gulch, E7 with 4 laps on that same running of Blood Gulch, Screech with 4 laps on Blood Gulch and 4 more on Ice Fields and Mil with 11 kills on Ice Fields.

On a side note, anyone reading this who has not already made an entry in Fuzzy's number-guessing game should do so right away. There are real prizes awarded in the form of Steam games. See the thread in the "Gaming and Halo-themed Games" section.

See you Saturday!

Offline BFM_Mr Do

• Colonel
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2020, 07:53:18 AM »
We had a running of Danger Canyon last night that was either epic or messy, depending on your point of view. Seven racers finished in double digits for kills, most of them over 15. Boredom led that with 18 kills and Fuzzy had 17. Of course that also meant there were a lot of double-digit death totals. It was a tense 15-14 map and so I tend toward calling it epic. It was late in the night and a handful of people left during and after the next map, as though feeling spent after that war.

On an earlier running of Danger Canyon, only one racer had double figures and that was Style with 10 kills. He had only 1 lap but his team pulled out the 15-14 win. That map was more typical of most of the racing, with a lot of close maps and often having no one in double digits. We had one running of Blood Gulch where no one had more than 5 kills.

But we did have some stand-out performances, such as Style with 15 kills on Geph, Cuda with 12 on Ice Fields and 11 on Geph, Devin with 12 on Sidewinder, Fuzzy with 11 on Geph, 1hitkillr with 10 on Ice Fields and Mil with 10 on Blood Gulch.

We look forward to more great racing on Monday.

Offline BFM_Mil

• Captain
  • Facepalm
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2020, 08:19:53 AM »
That Danger Canyon was epic and I didn't mind having like 15 deaths at all. The messier the map, the better hehe :drool: Racing lasted for about 4 hours and it was another great night!

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2020, 09:23:20 AM »
Boy howdy, last night was a ton of fun! It was the most fun I've had racing in years!

Some of the maps were really close. But towards the end we started getting a lot of lopsided maps. I reckon enough of the best players started heading for bed, and the distribution of talent became a lot more uneven.

Look forward to seeing y'all on Monday!

Offline ÐeviÑ

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2020, 09:46:48 AM »
Last night, I had the pleasure of gunning for Boredom for many maps, due to a combination of lucky spawns and him driving back to pick me up. Thanks to his amazing driving, I gunned like I was never able to before, and tended to live a bit longer than I normally would, resulting in more laps.

There were some maps where I could barely tell what was going on, but the racing never stopped, and it was an extremely enjoyable night. I hope to have another night as intense as last night soon. It was a lot of fun!
Selling FREE PWNkakes™

Offline BFM_Fuzzy

• Major
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2020, 10:05:35 PM »
Had a pretty good night tonight. Turnout was a bit soft. Several of us had been in there since 8ish. We got to ten players just after 10PM, and peaked at 11 players during that hour. Our numbers slackened at 11, and slowly drifted off except for a brief spurt where we picked up a bunch of new players with funny names. After that it turned into a 3v3 match.

We had some standout performances from MacAir and Devin, both of which contributed heartily to their teams.

I also want to single out Whipreck for his sportsmanlike behavior when he chose to spectate a pair of matches that were skewed 3v4.

Looking forward to this Wednesday!

Print