Print 

Author Topic: Roller Coaster Tycoon  (Read 23705 times)

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
Roller Coaster Tycoon
« on: June 05, 2011, 12:36:48 AM »
I've recently picked up an old game(s) I've had for a long time, and played a lot in the past, and now I'm playing it a lot now.

The game is roller coaster tycoon, and it is awesome, you build your own amusement park.

Just making a post to see if anyone else has/remembers/still plays the game, and anything cool/funny they remember/are doing with it.

At the moment, in Roller Coaster tycoon 2, I'm creating an awesome park, going against my Norm, scenery EVERYWHERE. I've already long beat the objective and am on Year 12 in the game, rides come slowly as I take a look back to theme rides, fill in holes where there's just plain nothingness, etc.

Here's a picture of my park thus far. It's only filling about 1/3 of the owned land in the park. I'm still having fun, so I'm still going with it. We'll see how much I fill up.

Offline BFM_Terra

• BFM Admin
    • My Website..?
Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:49:31 AM »
YES!!! love this game... it never gets old... until you unlock mega park.. but then its still fun

im glad im not the only one who plays this old but awesome game

All made by me

Applied for BFM on: May 08, 2009       
Recieved Vent: May 22, 2009
Recieved Little tags (bfm_) July 19, 2009
Recieved Big Tags (BFM_) September 16, 2009
Promoted to Corporal: February 13, 2010
Promoted to Head Corporal: March 26, 2010
Promoted to Sergeant: August 22nd, 2010
Stepped down as Sergeant: October 19th, 2011

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:01:30 AM »
I've played it and LOVE IT!!! Don't make me get out that old disc >_> (seriously, don't. I can't be bothered to find it :P). The only thing is that the disc we got from Ebay is corrupted. It plays normally, but you can't save your progress.. Which is EXTREMEL irritating.

Pynk Dude, that looks EPIC!!

Oh, and you know what's HILARIOUS? Trapping people. You see, people NEVER walk on grass. So what I do is build a square of land, look on the guest list to find people who are leaving the park, grab them and put them in the trap. 10 minutes later they are hungry, tired, thirsty and lost. So what do I do? Put up a toilet and charge them, put up the thingy which sells MAPS and umbrellas (yeah... the map won't save you mate XD), and put up a few food stools. It's sooo funny!

:haw:

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 02:43:35 AM »
I remember this game!!  ;D

I had so much fun on this, i'll see if i can dig out my disc and take some screenies of some of my parks... i was mad for scenery and stuff.

I always had trouble with the "Build you Own Six Flags" one for some reason...

I have a load of really cool Twister Coasters as well where they race each other, and some massive Giga Coasters. All have an excitement above 9.00 and make literally 20,000 an hour  :siderofl: :siderofl:

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 02:51:59 AM »
Can you actually ride the rides you make though? Looks awesome :) GJ! PynkDude!

P.S Which is the best? 1, 2 or 3?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 02:58:17 AM by BFM_Panther »

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 03:36:55 AM »
No panther, you can't It's all about running the theme park.

P.S: No idea :P

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 08:10:02 PM »
You can ride them in 3...but overall gameplay in 3 is just...different then 1 and 2. I don't like 3.

I like 2 better, because you can actually theme rides well (you can't stack scenery in 1), and when scenery is in the way, it automatically destroys it when you build something, instead of having to right click each item in 1.
You can also make your own scenarios, you can save track designs, there's just more.

However, some things they made too complicated and expanded in 2. In RCT1, the "Boat hire" contained all the boats in one, Bumper boats, rowing boats, swans, etc. In rct2 however, they're all listed as different rides.

Both are awesome, but I find 2 overall more fun.
======================================

I've added a Space themed area, when I add more to the park overall, I'll probably post an update picture.

If anyone wants to see a specific area up close, feel free to ask.

Offline Lucky

• Posts Too Much
  • Just do what makes you happy. JKLOL
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »
Basically...

1-2:  More freedom in the game play and less missions and stuff
3:  Better graphics and you can ride the rides in a first person view, but the game play itself isn't as fun.

Btw Pynk you need to make a mega-coaster that runs above the whole park :P

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2011, 04:01:39 AM »

3 Rollercoasters... £60,000 income per hour :)

I have another pair of "racer" coasters to be built next to them... bringing that corner up to nearly £100,000 an hour  ;D

oh, and can i see what's inside that massive green structure on your map Pynk?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:27:31 AM by bfm_Ajax »

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2011, 06:55:11 AM »
i have rct delux edition where its 3 in one. i also have RCT 3 its ok but not as good as the orgionals
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 10:29:42 PM »

oh, and can i see what's inside that massive green structure on your map Pynk?

It's a Twister Coaster called Atom

Offline BFM_Yoda

• BFM Admin
  • Following, still, you, not!
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 11:23:18 PM »
:love: RCT all the games, i have the first one, roller coaster tycoon 2: six flags edition, and roller coaster tycoon 3

they are all fantastic i love them all

Can you actually ride the rides you make though? Looks awesome :) GJ! PynkDude!

P.S Which is the best? 1, 2 or 3?

In roller coaster tycoon 3 you can, you can even drive around in a little buggy (atv type car thing) and run people over!
Started being PR - June 1, 2010
Recieved Vent - July 25, 2010
Little Tags! - September 25, 2010
Primary Training Completed - November 16, 2010
BIG TAGS! - December 9, 2010
Promoted to Corporal - May 8, 2011
Stepped down from Corporal - August 24, 2011
Hung up my Tags - April 30, 2013
Big Tags Again :D - November 4, 2014

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »
Nice coaster Pynk :)

here's one of mine (the info box is about the Hypercoaster on the right)

It's one of the highest rated Coasters i have built... i had a 9.8 excitement which i will try and find a screenie of  :yesyes:

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 05:45:28 AM »
i have RTC deluxe i had a really good park going, it had 2 opposite sides for the park and to get to once side the people needed to take a train. unfortunally people started to complain because they were lost....

EDIT* how do u take a screen shot ingame? and where do u find it. i have RTC orgional corkscrew follies pack and loopy landscape pack
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:53:57 AM by BFM_Zeek »
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 08:04:30 AM »
it's just under the Options icon (the floppy disc)
There's also a hot key for it in game, (ctrl+S)

here's an update.

On another note, does anyone know if there's a way to turn money off in a level? I thought you could it by converting a saved game into a scenario, but I can't. Anyone know a way to other then creating a completely new scenario from scratch.

Print