Print 

Author Topic: Roller Coaster Tycoon  (Read 23904 times)

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
Re: Roller Coaster Tycoon
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 08:35:41 AM »
On another note, does anyone know if there's a way to turn money off in a level? I thought you could it by converting a saved game into a scenario, but I can't. Anyone know a way to other then creating a completely new scenario from scratch.

You have to do it from scratch unfortunately... which is very annoying

And can i get a close up of that Splash Boats ride you have? looks awesome!!

Here's some more of my highest rated Coasters:)

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
  • Yea I'm Pink...so what?
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2011, 08:52:49 AM »
it's my 13 minute long water ride Splash Mountain.

It holds the most ammount of people of any ride in the park, takes and longest to complete, has the most "Quest Favorites" at about 1200 people, second to the 650 of Atom, the sastifaction is 60%.
But everyone is really mad when they get off, everyone that rides it thinks "I want to get off of Splash Mountain" by the half way point, and that thought is my most common thought in the park, with "It's too crowded" and "Great Scenery" occasionally beating it.

As far as keeping quests happy in the game, it's a bad idea, but I was going for looks/realism, so I decided to just do it anyways.

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2011, 09:05:42 AM »
For good or bad... that's a nice ride :)

I can't seem to break the 10 barrier for excitement on any of my coasters lol have you managed to do it?

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 10:06:08 AM »
I don't think so on roller coasters, the best I tend to get normally is around 9.3-9.5
It's tough, because the ride needs to be long enough to build excitement, as well as scenic, however, the longer you get, the harder it is to keep the intensity under control, and if you get too intense, it actually has a negative effect on excitement.

Meh, I'm happy with Very High, Very high, High/mediums.

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
  • There there, it's ok....
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 10:38:03 AM »
Must... resist... urge to re-buy game because old version doesn't work properly....

What one have all you guys been posting screenshots of? 1, 2 or 3?
On another note, does anyone know if there's a way to turn money off in a level? I thought you could it by converting a saved game into a scenario, but I can't. Anyone know a way to other then creating a completely new scenario from scratch.

You have to do it from scratch unfortunately... which is very annoying

And can i get a close up of that Splash Boats ride you have? looks awesome!!

Here's some more of my highest rated Coasters:)

What one is that? 1, 2 or 3?

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 10:58:39 AM »
What one is that? 1, 2 or 3?
Roller coaster tycoon 2. i have RCT 1 with 2 exapnsion packs. and i Have RCT 3

this pic i got from google is what RCT 3 and possibly other later ones look like but pretty sure that the later versions have better graphics
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 11:57:03 AM »
This is RCT2

So much for never getting about 9.5 :P

« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 05:10:07 PM by Pynk Dude »

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »

WOW!!!! I can imagine that was quite expensive...

The 1st and 2nd Degree Twisters are about £50,000 each... the good thing is they make £20,000 an hour each  ;D

In my "mega parks" i manage to have about 5, maybe 6 coasters making nearly £20,000 an hour each

And twin lane coasters are sooo much fun to make aren't they?!?!?!?!?

Must... resist... urge to re-buy game because old version doesn't work properly....

Buy it Tanxs!!!!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 02:30:33 AM by bfm_Ajax »

Offline Zeek

• Posts Too Much
  • Geetings from Zeke the organoid
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 06:26:30 AM »
long time ago i had what seem like a 30 min coaster that was actually 20 mins lol
ZEEKS PROGRESS                                   List of sig Thanks :D
Applied for Recruitment - 12/9/09             BFM_MrT, Track king, ZakPak, Soz Owned U, Benjy, Tanxs1
Vent - 1/18/09
Small Tags - 4/6/10
Tags got Droped arroud june?
Reapplied 8/23/2010
Vent 9/11/2010 i think
Small Tags 9/20/2010
Big Tags 1/12/11

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 06:47:42 AM »
Oh, I will Ajax :).

2 problems with my current disc:

1) Lost

2) I probably bought an illegal copy from an Ebay seller *raises fist angrily* because the disc itself is just white, with no pictures and because everytime I try to save my progress, the whole thing freezes. Either that or they sold me a faulty one.  :'(

Offline gamepanther

• Posts Too Much
  • Problem??
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 07:10:39 AM »
Oh, I will Ajax :).

2 problems with my current disc:

1) Lost

2) I probably bought an illegal copy from an Ebay seller *raises fist angrily* because the disc itself is just white, with no pictures and because everytime I try to save my progress, the whole thing freezes. Either that or they sold me a faulty one.  :'(

And then once you re-buy it you can send it to me in Australia :)

Thanks JANE!

Sig Made By Me.

Thanks Marty!!

............................................................ ............................................................
..........        ..........      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
.........    ..    .........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
........    ....    ........      ......      ...      ...............      ...............      ....      ..............
.......              .......      ......      ...                  ...                  ...      ....            ........
......     ......     .......     ......     .................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
.....     ........     .......     ....     ..................     ................     ...      ....      ..............
....     ..........     ........           ......                  ...                  ...      ....                ....
........................................................... .............................................................

Btw just cuz Ben1 haz a higher pitched voice doesn't make him better than meh D:

I miss mah squeakeh voice D: Its harder to be the stereotypical kid on Xbox now :(

The Best Quote Ever By Exodus:

"I will get you unbanned in the next few days. In the meantime go easy on the caffeine."

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
My only regret with Pyramid racer is I made it one track, sort of expecting to be able to use 4 trains. Didn't work out and it's only 2.

I'll probably end up going into the roller coaster editor and making it two tracks instead, so more people can ride it. I just hope that doesn't ruin is excitement rating.

Offline Pynk Dude

• Posts Too Much
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »
Update View of my park.

As you can see, the giant green building is gone, but the ride inside remains. I like it better opened. I've filled in the top right of my park, I plan to keep the dessert area as barren as it is (mainly filled by the dueling giga coaster.
Not sure what'll happen to the top left, probably a feater Floorless, or Inverted Suspended coaster.

Speaking of the giga coaster, I did end up splitting up the tracks, and I maintained great, even better actually, ratings (10.35, and 10.46 excitements for them), so it worked great in the end. I'm so happy with my work around this part that I made this my Desktop background :P

I've noticed that as my park expands, my ratting drops. Looking at the thoughts,

the only thing I can think of that guests have a problem with are bathrooms....but I've got 45 already, it already seems like everywhere you look there's a bathroom. about 120 people at a given time say "I need to go to the bathroom"

Hunger and thirst are also up there, but when you consider I have 6000 guests, only 60-70 people saying "I'm hungry/thirsty", doesn't seem like an issue, and just people randomly stating it, and possibly on their way to get food.

Crowded only becomes a problem when a new big ride is built, and everyone is rushing towards it, but I never hear word of it otherwise.

I never get red messages for any of these, so the game obviously doesn't find it a problem.
I periodiclly check the thoughts for litter, disgusting paths and vandalism. I NEVER get any messages of guests being lost (which does surprise me :P)

Any ideas? Do I just need to build more random bathrooms and stalls?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 11:54:34 PM by Pynk Dude »

Offline Tanxs1

• Posts Too Much
    • Hehehehehe...
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 12:43:01 AM »
Any ideas? Do I just need to build more random bathrooms and stalls?

MOAR PEOPLE IN PANDA COSTUMES

NAO!

:LOL:

Offline -Ajax-

• Junior Poster
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 01:45:42 AM »
I have that same problem with the park rating... and i really don't know lol

I play custom maps a lot, so by default i make them very easy to get from A to B. Like you said, you have about 50 toilets and i usually also have near 60 handymen, especially around my coasters (for obvious reasons)

And good one making the Pyramid coaster into a dual :) they work so much better than one coaster with multiple trains. (if you had used blocked sections you probably could have had up to eight trains then it would work better)

I also find guests will think "i need the toilet" when they are right next to one... or even while they are standing in one... which is strange...

I'd say make sure you have a large volume of staff... in one of my parks i have 120 staff members (60 handymen, 40 mechanics, and 20 security dudes) and i keep floating around making sure everything is well and good.

What i do is have food/drink stalls in groups of 3 or 4 scattered around the park (at least two on my screen at any time when i'm zoomed right in), i still get the "i'm hungry/thirsty" thoughts but they are never too far from a stall

MOAR PEOPLE IN PANDA COSTUMES

That helps too!!!  :P
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:55:23 AM by bfm_Ajax »

Print