Print 

Author Topic: Xfire dying on me  (Read 1577 times)

Offline Soníc

• Posts Too Much
  • You've gotta think fast to be fast!
    • A Sonic Fan's paradise! ^^
Xfire dying on me
« on: November 03, 2007, 01:59:15 PM »
Xfire has completely dyed on me, and I can no longer use teh ingame chat function or the in game screenshots.  With the ingame chat, I still hear the "ripping" noise that means someone is talking to me, but I only see the text sometimes, and I can NEVER respond to it.  I'de have to either minimize, or exit halo in order to respond.  Since I don't want to have to delete xfire because of it's importance, could someone give suggestions as to how I could fix it?

Sonic
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 03:09:36 PM by bfm_Sonic »
"I'll face it with a grin, I'm never giving in, On with the show!!  I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I have to find the will to carry on with the, on with the show!!!" -- The Show Must Go On by Queen.  Freddie Mercury will live forever in our hearts.

Special thanks to Mr T for the sonic sig!! :D
You found my secret message!  PM me for a prize!

Offline VxT

• Posts Too Much
Re: Xfire dying on me
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 02:04:09 PM »
That happened to me  :o

I just left it for like 2 months and for the past few days its been working perfectly.

Make sure you have the latest version cos i think thats what fixed mine

Thanks Hangman!

Water found on Mars!

Offline BFM_Hydra

• BFM Admin
  • BFM Rules Guru and Forum Pwner.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 04:17:02 PM »
Talk to Mxy. The in-game chat and in-game screenshot features are not working as they should I believe.

BFM_Hydra Signature: Miser
Soccer Trophy: Igor
Scrim Season VII Trophy: H@ngm@n

Thanks guys!

TESTIMONIAL
"Hydra knows the forums like a spider knows it's web." - BFM_Jimmy 5/9/09

"Hydra, 300 posts to you is like pocket money to the Monopoly guy." - BFM_Jimmy 11/9/09

Offline MrMxyzptlk

• Posts Too Much
  • Never backward,           always forward!
    • My 5th Dimensional Homepage
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 10:47:56 PM »

Yes, xfire had major problems with In-Game Messaging (IGM) (which oddly... includes screenshots!?) starting with their release that first supported Vista....  :muah:

Release 1.80 seems to have fixed it "mostly", and the new 1.83 has been no problem for me WRT IGM/screenies.

Note, however, that 1.82 "broke" multi-monitor support tho!  :doh: PM me if you want those details.  (I.e. you have multiple monitors and use xfire whiel gaming.)

Mr. Mxy's current Word Corner word is catachresis    

Offline Yayap

• Newbie Poster
  • Jimmy! I told You NOT To Play On The ICE!! Look!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 12:45:06 PM »
Basically Open Any Chat Window And Type /forceupdate

Thus Forcing Xfire To Update It Right Away This Also Helps With Some Games Having Problems With Movement. (S (Down) Doesn't Work. V.... Etc.) This Happened To Me Too In Counter Strike- Source It Stopped Working And It Annoyed Me So I Went To Xfire And They Said

Yes, xfire had major problems with In-Game Messaging (IGM) (which oddly... includes screenshots!?) starting with their release that first supported Vista....  :muah:

Release 1.80 seems to have fixed it "mostly", and the new 1.83 has been no problem for me WRT IGM/screenies.

Note, however, that 1.82 "broke" multi-monitor support tho!  :doh: PM me if you want those details.  (I.e. you have multiple monitors and use xfire whiel gaming.)

Basically What Mxy Said There And ToldMe to Try /forceupdate
(As Xfire Also Monitors Everyones IGM Chat Which I Later Found Out)

So bfm_Sonic Try /forceupdate And Give Me The Feedback.

(Again Open A Chat Window And Type /forceupdate)

Cheers!

Yayap

Print